Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
1 hour ago, Dat Guy said:

Eww. (Both the weird way to use arrow keys and RGB.)

It's a fairly established way of using arrow keys. I don't really use them that much - even when i used to game a lot i didn't use them. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Corsair K95 platinum with cherry mx browns. I have used Cherry's red and "rapid fire" flavors as well but like the tactile feel browns offer. I'd love to get some blues but the noise is a bit too much for my roommates

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

22 hours ago, AdvancedMicroDisapointment said:

Corsair K95 platinum with cherry mx browns. I have used Cherry's red and "rapid fire" flavors as well but like the tactile feel browns offer. I'd love to get some blues but the noise is a bit too much for my roommates

Blues are my favorite switches by far, and what I use at home; but they are just too loud for me to use in the office. Plus Corsair doesn't make a K95 in Blues, so that sucks. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

On 11/3/2018 at 10:59 PM, CarlBar said:

Oh dear, hopefully i haven't upset anyone here. Surprised it's lasted this well though if it's that type. They're not exactly known for their durability...

A look down inside the keyhole for confirmation, i allways assumed that was the top of the switch TBH. But i honestly don't have a clue what oldie timiey mechanical switches looked like so what do i know.

Hbf0Wus.jpg

download.jpg.aff1b0f83250e5f097112a90ecce95b1.jpg

Old time switches looks something like this, they should be discrete switches and should be able to register half way normally. 

I went off and sold my K70 red MX to a mate and got a K95 with brown switches. Is it just my ears or something that's sensitive? That clicky sound of the reds was driving me insane through the bone. I had to buy some O-rings off Ebay which helped to a degree. Happy with this brown one though, got a much more premium feel than the K70.

18 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

I went off and sold my K70 red MX to a mate and got a K95 with brown switches. Is it just my ears or something that's sensitive? That clicky sound of the reds was driving me insane through the bone. I had to buy some O-rings off Ebay which helped to a degree. Happy with this brown one though, got a much more premium feel than the K70.

Reds dont make a click sound, they make a clack sound which is the sound when the slider hits the housing when you bottom out and when it hits the top on the upstroke. The click refers to the sound that is made by a click jacket in the case of mx blues, click leafs in alps, follower arms and click bars in space invaders and box switches. 

Browns should have a similar sound when you bottom out since it is essentially just a broken red switch and uses the same housing. It might be a result of you not bottoming out due to the tactile bump. 

2 hours ago, b emoji said:

Reds dont make a click sound, they make a clack sound which is the sound when the slider hits the housing when you bottom out and when it hits the top on the upstroke. The click refers to the sound that is made by a click jacket in the case of mx blues, click leafs in alps, follower arms and click bars in space invaders and box switches. 

Browns should have a similar sound when you bottom out since it is essentially just a broken red switch and uses the same housing. It might be a result of you not bottoming out due to the tactile bump. 

Well ok, it was clacking me crazy then. These browns are a bit loud but not crazy loud but I may O-ring them too if I can be bothered to.

Why is there virtually no reviews of the K70 YingKeer mechanical blue switch keyboard

? For just $18 on amazon, somebody should take a look at it.

3 hours ago, jdfam7 said:

Why is there virtually no reviews of the K70 YingKeer mechanical blue switch keyboard

? For just $18 on amazon, somebody should take a look at it.

For just $18, maybe you should take a look at it.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Please answer fast because ill buy keyboard on christmas. Is outemu switches bad? i heared that outemu switches dont work after some months of using. I use membrane all my life and mecha-membrane once, what switch should i get blue or brown. i know that blues are loud but feelings is best, brown feels kinda same as membrane but for playing games like osu it is alot better. All information got from internet. Im thinking to get redragon k557 (outemu blue switches) x2 blue x2 red x2 black x2 brown switches, keycap puller and thing to pull out keys + CD driver downloader

3 minutes ago, Cofis said:

i know that blues are loud but feelings is best

At least they're probably less shitty than Cherry MX:

You stiill probably should look for non-Cherry switches if you want something good.

Write in C.

12 hours ago, Cofis said:

brown feels kinda same as membrane

No, they do not. I switched from membrane to browns, and they do not feel the same for sure. You should go to a store and check some mechanical keyboards with different switches. Before testing switches at store I was reading online and I was sure that the best switch for me would be mx reds or gateron clears, but after testing some keyboards at store I found the best switch for me, which is brown. I'm not a  keyboard know it all or whatever but IMHO any mechanical keyboard will feel better than membrane. 

i recently modded my 60% board with new switches. i also removed the LED lighting.

before i had Gateron Blue switches, now i'm running Kailh Black Box switches.

man i forgot how awesome linear switches feel! i used to run cherry reds in my first mech board, and i never really had linears since. IMG_20181223_111525.thumb.jpg.24503804c60f7fd396c927e596e71e15.jpgIMG_20181223_111808.thumb.jpg.7fe53168527e72e84f299908f70c727d.jpg

On 12/21/2018 at 11:11 PM, KaminKevCrew said:

For just $18, maybe you should take a look at it.

I will be. It's arriving today and I plan on writing a review for it on amazon later this week.

7 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

No, they do not. I switched from membrane to browns, and they do not feel the same for sure. You should go to a store and check some mechanical keyboards with different switches. Before testing switches at store I was reading online and I was sure that the best switch for me would be mx reds or gateron clears, but after testing some keyboards at store I found the best switch for me, which is brown. I'm not a  keyboard know it all or whatever but IMHO any mechanical keyboard will feel better than membrane. 

It's more accurate to say that browns feel linear in comparison to some other switches, like the Kailh Box Royal.

11 minutes ago, Nowak said:

It's more accurate to say that browns feel linear in comparison to some other switches, like the Kailh Box Royal.

Rubber dome keyboards don't feel linear, though. 

:)

3 hours ago, seon123 said:

Rubber dome keyboards don't feel linear, though. 

What I mean is Browns are supposed to be tactile but they feel more linear than they do tactile because the tactile bump on the stem is so tiny. If you're used to more tactile switches (like the Box Royal, as I mentioned) it's really easy to tell what I mean.