Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
12 minutes ago, geo3 said:

PBT shrinks when it cools making it very difficult to double shot because the two parts tend to separate when it comes out of the mold. 90% of double shot caps will be ABS.   Also PBT isn't as versitle in taking on color's as ABS is.  

As for AliExpress,  I've literally never had a bad experience ordering from there.  The sellers are all publicly rated so if you stick to ones with good ratings you'll be fine. KBDFans would be one of the standout top rated sellers.

Well I found some guy on Ebay selling these full set 104 key caps for $11? If it's so hard to make them, why are they selling so cheap from China?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IK-Translucent-Double-shot-PBT-104-KeyCaps-Backlit-for-Cherry-MX-Keyboard-Delux/253319657690?hash=item3afb0738da%3Am%3AmhSizZN0fApap6JAH3dLjZg&var=552476571776

On 9/25/2018 at 4:05 PM, geo3 said:

That's actually not that much. I've bought sets for more than $200.

These are not specifically blue and cyan but my favorite sets are, XDA Canvas, Modern Selectric, and dev/tty.

What is the brand and where did u buy the $180 - $200 key cap set? ARe they Shine through for RGB keyboards?

1 minute ago, aznmystik said:

What is the brand and where did u buy the $180 - $200 key cap set? ARe they Shine through for RGB keyboards?

No brand they were limited run group buys. I guess you can consider Massdrop a brand. But they were just handling the distribution.

Non of them are shine through.

6 minutes ago, geo3 said:

No brand they were limited run group buys. I guess you can consider Massdrop a brand. But they were just handling the distribution.

Non of them are shine through.

Yea I know that's why I never buy anything from Massdrops....it's a waste of time and time = money....

What about good brand / quality ABS shine through key caps????

15 minutes ago, aznmystik said:

What is pudding caps? is it better quality than PBT double shot?

PBT keycaps with transparent sides that are basically designed for RGB backlit keyboards. Excuse me for posting something from my own Twitter here, but they look like this.

4 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

PBT keycaps with transparent sides that are basically designed for RGB backlit keyboards. Excuse me for posting something from my own Twitter here, but they look like this.

Oh I see, so they're just PBT key caps with the sides that are transparent? Why don't they make the sides with different color? why Transparent? I just want the letter on the key caps to be transparent ? Not the sides.... they look ugly imo...

Just now, aznmystik said:

Oh I see, so they're just PBT key caps with the sides that are transparent? Why don't they make the sides with different color? why Transparent? I just want the letter on they key caps to be transparent ? Not the sides.... they look uugly imo...

You'll have a harder time looking for those then. A lot of keyboard enthusiasts usually don't go for backlit boards, because it's "tacky".

But you might have some luck on here. As @geo3 mentioned, AliExpress and Banggood are good places to buy keycaps from. Much wider selection than Amazon and Newegg.

37 minutes ago, geo3 said:

PBT shrinks when it cools making it very difficult to double shot because the two parts tend to separate when it comes out of the mold. 90% of double shot caps will be ABS.   Also PBT isn't as versitle in taking on color's as ABS is.  

As for AliExpress,  I've literally never had a bad experience ordering from there.  The sellers are all publicly rated so if you stick to ones with good ratings you'll be fine. KBDFans would be one of the standout top rated sellers.

Does KBDFans sell any shine through key caps?  

1 minute ago, NowakVulpix said:

You'll have a harder time looking for those then. A lot of keyboard enthusiasts usually don't go for backlit boards, because it's "tacky".

But you might have some luck on here. As @geo3 mentioned, AliExpress and Banggood are good places to buy keycaps from. Much wider selection than Amazon and Newegg.

What do you mean tacky?  So what are really good brand for PBT Double shot key caps that are not Shine Through? 

Just now, aznmystik said:

What do you mean tacky?  So what are really good brand for PBT Double shot key caps that are not Shine Through? 

They think it cheapens it. Some, though, who have backlit keyboards just buy non-backlit keycaps and get the "underglow" effect instead.

4 hours ago, aznmystik said:

Something seems off about that. Keycaps that cheap of any kind are pretty rare.

3 hours ago, aznmystik said:

Does KBDFans sell any shine through key caps?  

IDK, you can go through their store page and check.

5 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Does something like this work?

Yea that's nice....but im looking for something other than White color ...like Purple, Orange, sky blue, etc...

7 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Does something like this work?

What about PBT Double Shot without Backlit? Im looking for a really good quality PBT double shot key caps without Backlit now...since ones with Backlit are so cheap and hard to find....

19 minutes ago, aznmystik said:

What about PBT Double Shot without Backlit? Im looking for a really good quality PBT double shot key caps without Backlit now...since ones with Backlit are so cheap and hard to find....

How do these caps look?

3 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

How do these caps look?

yea they look good...but is that the best quality one out there? or there's a better quality ?

10 hours ago, aznmystik said:

I couldn't find any that are a solid one color so maybe you are interested in some themed color combos. MiamiJoker or Ultra Violet.

1 hour ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I couldn't find any that are a solid one color so maybe you are interested in some themed color combos. MiamiJoker or Ultra Violet.

Love these Ducky keycaps, but how are Ducky keycaps quality? I never had Duckys so I dont know.

2 minutes ago, aznmystik said:

Love these Ducky keycaps, but how are Ducky keycaps quality? I never had Duckys so I dont know.

I've personally never used them, but from the reviews online and r/MechanicalKeyboards, they are pretty good.

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I've personally never used them, but from the reviews online and r/MechanicalKeyboards, they are pretty good.

Ah I see, how fast does Mechanicalkeyboard ship item? Im in Cali

1 minute ago, aznmystik said:

They have free shipping in the continental US and it will typically take about 3-5 business days; they are based at Nashville, TN. They also have paid expedited shipping. Also make sure they even have it in stock.

3 minutes ago, aznmystik said:

I ordered from Greece and had the keyboard shipped in under 10 working days.

Do you have any experience with Maxkeyboard keycaps? I checked them out and they let you customize the keycaps like pick any color and layout.  I m just not sure about their keycaps quality.  Does anyone bought keycaps from Maxkeyboard before?