Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
13 hours ago, b emoji said:

nah, silent zealios are better

Was about to say that. Zilent switches are the quietest MX based switches around, bar none.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

20 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Was about to say that. Zilent switches are the quietest MX based switches around, bar none.

Silent reds aren't too bad either 

3 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I don't like them. I have a board with them now and they just feel too soft. Much better than O-rings feel for sure, but still feels like a soft bottom out. And that just bothers me. What I would really want is a Zealio switch where only the up stroke is dampened. But this does not exist.

6 hours ago, geo3 said:

I don't like them. I have a board with them now and they just feel too soft. Much better than O-rings feel for sure, but still feels like a soft bottom out. And that just bothers me. What I would really want is a Zealio switch where only the up stroke is dampened. But this does not exist.

The closet thing to that probably would be silenced topre. 

I'm in the market for a new keyboard to replace my old and tired Filco. It's starting to double press certain keys and it's starting to really annoy me. Filco was the best 10 years ago when I bought mine but a lot can change in 10 years. Is Filco still the best? I'm looking for a full size board with standard layout. Media keys and RGB is not important to me.

1 hour ago, kontradictions said:

I'm in the market for a new keyboard to replace my old and tired Filco. It's starting to double press certain keys and it's starting to really annoy me. Filco was the best 10 years ago when I bought mine but a lot can change in 10 years. Is Filco still the best? I'm looking for a full size board with standard layout. Media keys and RGB is not important to me.

Filco is still easily one of the best manufacturers for no frills boards that will last a long time and get the job done. 

There are boards that are ostensibly better, but they're generally custom made, and extremely expensive. 

Really the only other mass market manufacturer that competes with Filco at the moment in terms of no frills quality is Leopold.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Filco is still easily one of the best manufacturers for no frills boards that will last a long time and get the job done. 

There are boards that are ostensibly better, but they're generally custom made, and extremely expensive. 

Really the only other mass market manufacturer that competes with Filco at the moment in terms of no frills quality is Leopold.

Thank you so much for the insight. I really appreciate it.

Another Filco doesn't sound too bad since I'm really happy with mine.

Hey, I have considered buying to different mechanical keyboards:

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum

Roccat Vulcan 120 AIMO

Price on the market on both of them is rather similar. Main use is for gaming, mostly MMO and ARPG, so titles like Diablo, Path of Exile or upcoming Fallout 76. Which one of these would you recommend to buy?

Caps and Stimpaks are awesome and I need to buy this. Purified Water is rare, sometimes I'm just calling for this like for pizza. Only when it will be possible and my family will agree with that, then I'll think about ya. Purified Water for sale on every server. cash

aTENTION: I need buy stimpkas and caps to FO76 - Tank, Ranger, Platform PC

Fusion Core for sale, caps and Purified Water https://odealo.com/games/fallout-76

Would you say these BOX Royals are fine? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NovelKeys-Kailh-Box-switches-Royal-tactile-IP56-waterproof-dustproof-SMD-3pin/32895250947.html

I'm considering buying from AliExpress because I can't find the Royals in stock anywhere else. At least, anywhere else that ships to the US.

nvm, I bought them

Got an old brick of a thing here, not actually sure it is a mechanical, but it has the feel, clickiness and it's 15 years old with no dead keys despite more abuse than any keyboard should ever have to cope with so it probably is, but i'm happy to be corrected, (and hopefully i won't anger the crowd here if it isn't a mechanical). Some looking at model numbers suggests it's a rebranded Acer model KB-2971.

I'm actually curious as to weather it really is mechanical and how the various Cherry MX switches compare to it, mostly because someday i'm going to have to replace it, poor old thing, it's good for now but it's got to die eventually.

I cleaned it out for the first time in all the time i've owned it at the start of this year, hopefully the before, during and after clean images will give you and idea of the kind of abuse i've put it through :p.

8QubolL.jpg

9eqn0R3.jpg

ZzbSzxK.jpg

Looks like a rubber dome.

Oh dear, hopefully i haven't upset anyone here. Surprised it's lasted this well though if it's that type. They're not exactly known for their durability...

A look down inside the keyhole for confirmation, i allways assumed that was the top of the switch TBH. But i honestly don't have a clue what oldie timiey mechanical switches looked like so what do i know.

Hbf0Wus.jpg

I

2 hours ago, CarlBar said:

Oh dear, hopefully i haven't upset anyone here. Surprised it's lasted this well though if it's that type. They're not exactly known for their durability...

A look down inside the keyhole for confirmation, i allways assumed that was the top of the switch TBH. But i honestly don't have a clue what oldie timiey mechanical switches looked like so what do i know.

I wonder why it clicks then...

19 minutes ago, geo3 said:

I

Pass, answers on a postcard please.

2 hours ago, geo3 said:

I

Rubber dome with some kind of metal clicking device. Not all that uncommon on older boards. Hell, Model M bucking spring switches are *technically* rubber dome, with a metal click lever. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

On 11/3/2018 at 11:46 PM, KaminKevCrew said:

Rubber dome with some kind of metal clicking device. Not all that uncommon on older boards. Hell, Model M bucking spring switches are *technically* rubber dome, with a metal click lever. 

Still surprised at how tactile, (it's got a very clear actuation point), and durable it's proven for a non-mechnichial.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my second mechanical keyboard last night!

This K95 with MX Browns will be my new office keyboard. :D

20181126-080239.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'm done with keyboards. This is for home, HHKB for work. maybe I'll get a couple of macropads... but otherwise i'm done. IMG_4651.thumb.jpeg.b015d546fb53af8dd77aab52cfd526d6.jpeg

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

8 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

It doesn't even have arrow keys!

if I press fn + [, ;,' or / thats a proxy for up, right, left or down.  There are 3 programmable layers. This keyboard is even RGB - thought I dont really everu se backlights. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018