Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
4 minutes ago, geo3 said:

All switch can be plate mounted, even those that say PCB mount. IMO Zealios are best, with Kailh Burnt Orange and Kailh Pro Purple and lubed MX Clears close behind.

So, Zealios? I'd assume I'd have to cut off the extra mounting posts to get it to fit in my Ctrl.

1 minute ago, NowakVulpix said:

So, Zealios? I'd assume I'd have to cut off the extra mounting posts to get it to fit in my Ctrl.

You can, but you shouldn't have to. I assume most PCBs have the little post holes. At least everyone I've seen has them.

Just now, geo3 said:

You can, but you shouldn't have to. I assume most PCBs have the little post holes. At least everyone I've seen has them.

Ctrl uses plate mount switches. It doesn't have the additional holes to accommodate posts for PCB mount switches. Gimme a bit and I'll grab my board and remove a switch to show what I mean.

@NowakVulpix Ah, it's a hotswap board. Yeah, you'll have to clip any pegs then. Also check that LED. Is it sticking up or is it flush with the surface of the PCB. If it's raised you'll need a switch with the little cutout like your current one has. Not all have it. Zealios don't. Cherrys don't either.

2 minutes ago, geo3 said:

@NowakVulpix Ah, it's a hotswap board. Yeah, you'll have to clip any pegs then. Also check that LED. Is it sticking up or is it flush with the surface of the PCB. If it's raised you'll need a switch with the little cutout like your current one has. Not all have it. Zealios don't. Cherrys don't either.

Yeah, it's a hotswap board. LEDs are flush with the plate.

Just now, geo3 said:

Then you should be good with what ever switch you choose. 

I'd recommend getting a switch tester with a sampling of tactile switches from novelkeys.xyz to see which fit's you best.

Got it, thanks ^^

Guys... im super excited to get my Rama.Works M60 A soon... (and the massdrop keypad... but who knows when that is coming) 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

4 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Would that be for your Ctrl? You don't want Cherry profile caps on a board with north facing switches. On Row 3 the cap will contact the switch housing.

No, I'm getting a different set for my Ctrl. I'd get Pudding caps for it but I already bought a set for my MK750.

'Sides, those caps look nice.

But, the caps I posted there would be for an eventual 60% build.

Just now, geo3 said:

Ok. Make sure you get one with south facing switches then.

Yeah, sure. I'd like a blue and cyan set like that for that, so, if you have any recommendations then lmk

2 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

Yeah that's it.

$180, those must have some wicked good plastic.

That's actually not that much. I've bought sets for more than $200.

7 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

if you have any recommendations then lmk

These are not specifically blue and cyan but my favorite sets are, XDA Canvas, Modern Selectric, and dev/tty.

13 hours ago, NowakVulpix said:

Anyone know what keycaps these are? Found them in a photo on here.

image.png.4837e1390b00e5af58e3c7a1e8496323.png

Edit: Think I found them

Should be GMK Sky Dolch I have a set on my TGR Jane

Just had to pop in again to say that I've been trying out a Razer Huntsman Elite for about 2 weeks now and these goofy laser switches actually are the most pleasant to type on of anything I've ever used (minding that i prefer Cherry MX blues over their others so I like clicky and tactile). 

Per most of the reviews I read about ahead of purchase, they are clicky like Cherry blues and Razer greens etc but have a lower activation force, and higher actuation point. Now if only they would release a Tournament Edition / TKL... got used to not having the number pad in the way from ~ 3 months on an Asus ROG Claymore with the pad not connected...

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

Hi guys, so Im looking for PBT Double shot backlit (light can shine through) key caps that have different colors like purple, orange,  green, blue, etc.....

But I can't find any  good brand that sell  them out there.  There are some on Amazon but those are unknown brands and I dont think the quality is good.

I was looking at WASD keycaps but I can't find any infos where they key caps are backlit ( shine through for Cherry MX RGB switches)..

Any information would be appreciated.

20 minutes ago, aznmystik said:

Hi guys, so Im looking for PBT Double shot backlit (light can shine through) key caps that have different colors like purple, orange,  green, blue, etc.....

But I can't find any  good brand that sell  them out there.  There are some on Amazon but those are unknown brands and I dont think the quality is good.

I was looking at WASD keycaps but I can't find any infos where they key caps are backlit ( shine through for Cherry MX RGB switches)..

Any information would be appreciated.

WASD makes cheep shitty thin caps. You'd be better off on Amazon. You're best bet is to look on AliExpress. Or join a group buy on Massdrop, but you could end up waiting months for them in that case.

2 minutes ago, geo3 said:

WASD makes cheep shitty thin caps. You'd be better off on Amazon. You're best bet is to look on AliExpress. Or join a group buy on Massdrop, but you could end up waiting months for them in that case.

Why is it so hard to make PBT Double shot backlit key caps with custom colors? I don't get it....I mean mechanical keyboards been out for a long time... 

So do you know any good and reliable seller on AliExpress? Cause it's a nightmare buying stuff from AliExpress... I mean cheap Chinese shit...

3 minutes ago, aznmystik said:

Why is it so hard to make PBT Double shot backlit key caps with custom colors? I don't get it....I mean mechanical keyboards been out for a long time... 

So do you know any good and reliable seller on AliExpress? Cause it's a nightmare buying stuff from AliExpress... I mean cheap Chinese shit...

PBT shrinks when it cools making it very difficult to double shot because the two parts tend to separate when it comes out of the mold. 90% of double shot caps will be ABS.   Also PBT isn't as versitle in taking on color's as ABS is.  

As for AliExpress,  I've literally never had a bad experience ordering from there.  The sellers are all publicly rated so if you stick to ones with good ratings you'll be fine. KBDFans would be one of the standout top rated sellers.

You could always go for Pudding caps. They go great with RGB keebs~

10 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

You could always go for Pudding caps. They go great with RGB keebs~

What is pudding caps? is it better quality than PBT double shot?