Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
1 hour ago, aznmystik said:

I ordered a set of Tai hao, Ducky, Varmilo key caps from MechanicalKeyboard.  Just received them today...and guess what

The Varmilo set was sent with a wrong color.  I ordered a Mint Green and they sent me a Gray set....

The TaiHao PBT keycaps are literally shit.... lol I look at them and check the thickness and they're literally almost like ABS....I didn't even try to use them yet...

The Varmilo keycap was  really thick though so that's a good thing...but wrong color.

The ducky was ok not  really thick and not really thin.... I compare these PBT keycaps to the  stock PBT backlitl on my Corsair K70 RGB SE keyboard.  

And I was surprised how thick the Corsair keycaps are, very nice Corsair.

Dang you bought a lot, but sorry to hear all that. Hopefully MK has a good return policy. 

4 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Dang you bought a lot, but sorry to hear all that. Hopefully MK has a good return policy. 

Yea I bought different set from different brands just to see how good they are....cause you know sometimes when ppl told you it's 1 thing.  

You just have to try it yourself....and I did.  So now I know what to brands to look for and what brands I can forget about.....

So, I gotta say that I'm disappointed in the quality of these YMDK PBT pudding keycaps.

Stabilized caps have these weird blotches on them

KAIT1US.jpg

Every key has a bump of excess material on the back.

rkuIgBx.jpg

The price was nice and they feel a lot better than my MK750's stock cheap ABS caps but if you want pudding keycaps then look for a different set. I might just do that and give these caps to a friend, actually.

27 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

So, I gotta say that I'm disappointed in the quality of these YMDK PBT pudding keycaps.

Stabilized caps have these weird blotches on them

KAIT1US.jpg

Every key has a bump of excess material on the back.

rkuIgBx.jpg

The price was nice and they feel a lot better than my MK750's stock ABS caps but if you want pudding keycaps then look for a different set. I might just do that and give these caps to a friend, actually.

What is the brand of those pudding caps? and where did you buy them from? thx

Just now, aznmystik said:

What is the brand of those pudding caps? and where did you buy them from? thx

YMDK and I bought them from Amazon

3 hours ago, FPSwithaWacomTablet said:

My first dive into PCB design. Mechanical keypad powered by a common keyboard controller:

PCB Renders:

Hide contents

123507900_16-keyProMicrobottom.thumb.png.f363641dd5d6741e5a228b3f0940f3d5.png1019862785_16-keyProMicrotop.thumb.png.0fb674f79ea2647b26217e44f2e6a393.png

Actual PCB:

Hide contents

IMG_E1879.thumb.JPG.0b575d7120cad68cca9709691fbb3dd0.JPGIMG_1881.thumb.JPG.db82d48f34c369fa1d370b2cb29c9178.JPGIMG_1880.thumb.JPG.1b9d9ca19b5af6bbd7864e694ad7bbf4.JPGIMG_1879.thumb.JPG.15842474c7a9a9510c0b0d595403fdb9.JPGIMG_E1880.thumb.JPG.2478fc635523d744257eb5a7bf1daf2d.JPG

On a 3D printed case:

Hide contents

IMG_1886.thumb.JPG.3f9cbc6b40f942bec4fb8b36b759f163.JPGIMG_1885.thumb.JPG.cb76e7279a80db59a148afe291a95c8c.JPGIMG_1884.thumb.JPG.ead6c5426fff31a3cffd38cec5e07095.JPGIMG_1883.thumb.JPG.b107f20a6f142d90005abfea63795075.JPGIMG_1887.thumb.JPG.7e4bb60a137425d7f26f7c79f5d19dd2.JPG

Original thread:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97625.msg2666631#msg2666631

Would be nice if it had a few mounting holes to have the ability to put it in a few other cases.

I use a Gigabyte K83, I recently got it on sale for 40$

It uses MX Cherry Reds. Anyway I'm loving the metal top plate, anyway it has absolute anti-ghosting which is really usefull.

Might get new keycaps because the ABS keycaps it comes with are terrible and the paint wears off over 5 months.

20 hours ago, geo3 said:

Would be nice if it had a few mounting holes to have the ability to put it in a few other cases.

I think more cases should be constructed with the plate being attached to the case instead of the PCB. :P

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

7 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I think more cases should be constructed with the plate being attached to the case instead of the PCB. :P

I believe Fusion360 has a sheet metal designer built in. You can import vector layouts into Fusion and build a case around it. 

I got lazy and just turned it into an STL instead, for 3D printing.

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

Got another cap set, this time borderlit. Seems I mighta received some defective caps, unfortunately. Also, the PrtSc and 9 caps are scratched.

I'll get in touch with FlashQuark tomorrow and see if I can get replacement caps.

nvm, I fixed the stabilized keys by putting some tape around the stabs. they're fine now.

Edited by NowakVulpix

Hey,

So I have been using a Logitech G19s for around 5 years now, wanting to upgrade to a Mechanical keyboard this time, thinking about the Logitech g512 or Massdrops CTRL.

Love to hear some opinions on what you would chose or recommend any other mechanical keyboard.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Blukeah said:

Hey,

So I have been using a Logitech G19s for around 5 years now, wanting to upgrade to a Mechanical keyboard this time, thinking about the Logitech g512 or Massdrops CTRL.

Love to hear some opinions on what you would chose or recommend any other mechanical keyboard.

Thanks!

I'm on a Ctrl right now and it's pretty nice, albeit expensive. I never figured I'd like a TKL board but here I am, in love with a TKL board. Massdrop has a high-profile version coming up soon for $250 so if you have $250 to drop on a keyboard then I'd suggest checking it out.

Also, be sure to buy some replacement caps; the stock caps have this terrible texture. It feels like typing on sandpaper. Ugh.

Alternatively, if you don't want to spend over $200 on a keyboard, there's the Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard. Achieves the same thing as the Ctrl (can be TKL, has hot-swappable switches) but costs much less.

目前在用akko ducky的茶轴.还有一把红轴的敲代码用

I just got my first mechanical keyboard and i'm going to say it was one of the best purchases i've ever made. I ended up going with the Razer Blackwidow Elite with Razer Green switches.

Well I picked up an F122... This one needed some work to get back to a nice shape. Had to replace all the rotting foam with new production stuff from Ellipse. Turned out pretty nice I think. Gonna be great for work.

Slightly modified the layout. Sort of a hybrid ANSI and ISO that I prefer.

20181014_223609-2.thumb.jpg.0237d9d0f8198e8c614281c8f0bc9924.jpg

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

Cherry MX Blues: Tactile, clicky. - Good for typing, not so much gaming.
Cherry MX Browns: Barely Tactile, non-clicky. - Good gaming and typing due to their quietness, but still barely maintaining the tactile feedback (you can feel a bump when you press the key)
Cherry MX Reds: Linear, non-clicky - Good for gaming, similar to Membrane in linear motion; no bump as it's not tactile.
Cherry MX Blacks : Linear, non-clicky. - Similar to MX Reds, slightly heavier And much more scratchy 

On 10/17/2018 at 5:21 PM, b emoji said:

Cherry MX Blues: Tactile, clicky. - Good for typing, not so much gaming.
Cherry MX Browns: Barely Tactile, non-clicky. - Good gaming and typing due to their quietness, but still barely maintaining the tactile feedback (you can feel a bump when you press the key)
Cherry MX Reds: Linear, non-clicky - Good for gaming, similar to Membrane in linear motion; no bump as it's not tactile.
Cherry MX Blacks : Linear, non-clicky. - Similar to MX Reds, slightly heavier And much more scratchy 

All are loud.

Razer Oranges are best all-round silent switch. 

If anybody is interested in MT3 profile keycaps, there is still a couple of days left for the MT3 Susuwatari keycaps drop at Massdrop.

Do note that compared to the previous MT3 keycaps, the dev/tty set, which were dye-sublimated PBT, these are double-shot ABS. 

I'm not affiliated with this drop, just want to advertise it so that more people will buy into the drop to lower the price.