Is WiFi bad for you?

Cake_Eater

I know that its not a ionizing radiation but wifi was boomed in the mid 2000s and we still don't know what the long term effects are.....

and i sleep right next to the router every night :mellow:

so it wifi 100% safe??

I know that its not a ionizing radiation but wifi was boomed in the mid 2000s and we still don't know what the long term effects are.....

and i sleep right next to the router every night :mellow:

so it wifi 100% safe??

Other than it being addicting, its fine.

Yes.

However, while wi-fi transmitters do emit more radiation than cell phone towers, cell phones handsets emit far more: a person absorbs less radiation from sitting in a wi-fi hotspot for a year, says the HPA, than from a 20-minute cell phone call.

Source: http://www.wired.com/2007/05/nothing_to_fear/

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

It fits within the FCC's requirements for safety.

But even the FCC doesn't know the long term effects, nobody can know 100% what happens to your body when exposed to anything, we can test all we want but there are things that human's just can't detect. 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

100% of people exposed to the radiation from Wireless Routers die

nice meme

OP, you're good. They wouldn't let WiFi exist if it killed you (quickly.)

STOP QUOTING ME

I used to be quite active here.

But even the FCC doesn't know the long term effects, nobody can know 100% what happens to your body when exposed to anything, we can test all we want but there are things that human's just can't detect. 

And until we have evidence otherwise, it's deemed safe. This goes for everything, including food.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

They wouldn't let WiFi exist if it killed you. 

Cigarettes?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

100% of people exposed to the radiation from Wireless Routers die

Same with 100% of humans that consumed water.

nice meme

OP, you're good. They wouldn't let WiFi exist if it killed you. 

erhmagad tank u

We can 'say' "you're good" but how can we know? We made a hole in the ozone layer because of air conditioners, it wasn't until decades after the product had been out that scientists realized that freeons were destroying the ozone. Same goes here, might take a century for scientists to realize we've been slowly destroying our brains because of common objects today.

@Op i'm not sayin ur gonna die, just saying that there's always a possibility that things aren't the way we perceive them to be. As for your health; you can rest assured that you most likely won't have an issue with these magic beams

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Yes, it is safe.

Scientifically, we can study the effect that radio waves have on cells, and the general consensus is that, at its current frequency and transmission power, it has no effect on cells.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Some people claim they are affected by Wifi signals, that they get sick and all that... But there's really no actual proof that this is true, it could just all be in their heads because they are paranoid or something.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

But, part of the reason why we still don't know is because there isn't enough evidence to prove that it's even possible, let alone wiping out the masses. People are living just as long as they were before WIFI was even a pipe dream, if not longer.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

If that's your outlook, then you might to avoid everything. Everything. Just in case, gotta be safe, right?

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

WiFi is not 100% safe, but it is 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

999999999999999999999999% safe, so yes it is safe.

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

But, part of the reason why we still don't know is because there isn't enough evidence to prove that it's even possible, let alone wiping out the masses. People are living just as long as they were before WIFI was even a pipe dream, if not longer.

But what if it causes other problems? The rise of (dangerous shit, diseases, horrible shit) has to be due to something right? 

If that's your outlook, then you might to avoid everything. Everything. Just in case, gotta be safe, right?

You're never too safe..

I feel like whining about things today, i'm not saying that wifi will kill you or something, just saying that we never know. 

Wifi signals actually give you such an extreme aggressive form of cancer that it kills its own mutant cells exactly as fast as it can mutate your cells, cancelling out completely and becoming perfectly safe.

Source: Prove me wrong

The burden of proof is not on the person hearing the claim, but on the person making the claim.

It's very hard to prove a negative by the way.

Cigarettes?

That's different. That is a whole industry, you can't just shut it down. And whether you like it or not, tobacco going away for the most part would punch our economy in the face. 

SMOKING IS BAD. PSA BROUGHT TO YOU BY LTT FORUMS. 

I used to be quite active here.

That's different. That is a whole industry, you can't just shut it down. And whether you like it or not, tobacco going away for the most part would punch our economy in the face. 

Well so are wireless products etc. This is like the 50s and 60s America in terms of Wifi/Tech. We won't accept that these things might be doing us harm, and it's just growing the industries. In the end they might find that all phones cause ur penis to be puny or something and people won't care at that point, just like how some people refuse to accept that smoking is really bad for them (some people understand and acknowledge the risk, I respect people for that). We will discover the risk factors too late into progress, just like what happened with tobacco products like cigarettes, and the industry will continue to move forward with momentum, no way to stop it

Wifi signals actually give you such an extreme aggressive form of cancer that it kills its own mutant cells exactly as fast as it can mutate your cells, cancelling out completely and becoming perfectly safe.

Source: Prove me wrong

Your wrong according to this book written over 1000 years ago. /s

But what if it causes other problems? The rise of (dangerous shit, diseases, horrible shit) has to be due to something right?

It could be attributed to the natural mutation of the pathogens via intermingling with other pathogens and hosts and geographic dispersion...

It could be attributed to the natural mutation of the pathogens via intermingling with other pathogens and hosts and geographic dispersion...

So essentially what I said could still be a possibility?

EDIT: you mean pathogen orgies?

I imagine that it would be pretty easy to just look and the raw numbers and compare. How many people were alive at X time? How many people had wireless internet in their homes? How many people were reported to have X disease? It's nowhere close to being conclusive, but it can paint some kind of picture as to whether there's even any kind of correlation at all. Say, if way more people now are reporting to have whatever disease than would be proportional to back before wireless internet existed, you could definitely say that there's some kinda of correlation there. But if the amount of people experiencing whatever disease was rapidly decreasing from before WIFI to now, it would be pretty safe to say that WIFI doesn't seem to cause any kind of disease or mutation in humans.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post