Is WiFi bad for you?

Cake_Eater

Lulz, guess I was a bit late to the party. You gotta give me points for creative writing at least.

87%, very good, just late.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

The only reason Marijuana is illegal is because the government cant figure out how to tax it. They have with cigarettes. Also cigarettes control a large part of americas economy.

Medical marijuana is legal in some areas.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Medical marijuana is legal in some areas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the only reason being is they are able to tax it, right?

Cigarettes?

Cigarettes are not a similar example at all but maybe more so Second hand smoke would be a better equivalent and this is actually illegal in many places. See cigarettes to smoke your self is a choice You dont get to choose if your exposed to WiFi from your neighbors or workplace etc sort of like if someone is smoking and walks past you or in the same room hence why many places its illegal to smoke inside and in public areas and many trying to always pass stricter laws like no smoking in cars with children etc.

Yes.... Wifi can give you hairy Palms  :wub:

My Rig: - Gigabyte Z97 X5 MB / Core i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz - Water Cooled Coolmaster AIO Loop (Push - Pull Config)/ 8GB Corsair Dominator ram at 2400Mhz / Palit Jetsteam GTX 980 OC edition / 128GB SSD OS / Program Drive + 2 TB hard drive storage / Win 10

On a long term of using you can be harmed by the radiations from WIFI or so I heard.

nice meme

OP, you're good. They wouldn't let WiFi exist if it killed you. 

Lots of things exist that can kill you that are govt approved.

http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/radiation/magnetic-fields-fact-sheet

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/humira-side-effects.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toluene_toxicity - paint

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/marinetoxins_g.htm

The FCC limits the db output power of routers. That's why almost every router has the same range. I could go on and on about the physics, but basically, the worst that can happen is if you were to climb a radio tower, and stick your head directly in front of the transmitter, you'd get a really good burn. My uncle set up many different transmission stations, and said that they used to cook hot dogs off of the transmitter attenas. Now these attwnas are rated in hundreds of thousands of watts. Your phone is mabey 1 watt max. Your router 10 watts max.

I like to compare it like a lighter emmiting heat in a corner of your house to a wildfire. Yes it's the same energy emmited, but a massive difference in the amount of power emmited.

If you want to complain n about em radtion, the only real danger is living under uhv transmission lines. If you want to do a cool experiment, take a 58 bulb and stick it into the ground pointing upwards towards the lines. It should light up.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Yes but likely not as large an amount when compared to other telecommunication methods, new 4G bands and fast phone data transfers are more so, oh and the risks are mostly brain cancer which has been on the rise since the advent of cell phones

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

The FCC limits the db output power of routers. That's why almost every router has the same range. I could go on and on about the physics, but basically, the worst that can happen is if you were to climb a radio tower, and stick your head directly in front of the transmitter, you'd get a really good burn. My uncle set up many different transmission stations, and said that they used to cook hot dogs off of the transmitter attenas. Now these attwnas are rated in hundreds of thousands of watts. Your phone is mabey 1 watt max. Your router 10 watts max.

I like to compare it like a lighter emmiting heat in a corner of your house to a wildfire. Yes it's the same energy emmited, but a massive difference in the amount of power emmited.

If you want to complain n about em radtion, the only real danger is living under uhv transmission lines. If you want to do a cool experiment, take a 58 bulb and stick it into the ground pointing upwards towards the lines. It should light up.

I went out and tried it (substation is a 5 min walk) and nada

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The placebo is a bigger killer than WiFi

Do you mean the nocebo, as placebos are beneficial, also we don't know how bad wifi is, all we know is that continued exposure to radio waves can cause brain cancer (and other types but less studies have been done on those)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

There's no scientific evidence that it is strong enough to destroy cells, and if there are studies concluding that it does destroy tissue/cells, there are 10 more that contradict it. 

I went out and tried it (substation is a 5 min walk) and nada

it has to be over 200kv I believe, and it has to be night. I've done it myself, and its a cool effect.https://youtu.be/0D50Dcvzkr4

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Correct me if I'm wrong, the only reason being is they are able to tax it, right?

Its slowly becoming more legal as citizens put pressure on their governments, taxes come with the territory benefit but I wouldn't say they are the driving force. Trudeau is supposed to make it legal Canada wide.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

it has to be over 200kv I believe, and it has to be night. I've done it myself, and its a cool effect.

hmm

if you live near one you could probably set something up to save some money..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It may be safe, but it might also damage your sperm LOL: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2067515/Using-Wi-Fi-laptop-damages-sperm-reduce-activity-study-finds.html

*Still better than talking on your cell phone an hour a day that you willingly place right next to your head.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

I do not want to read all for pages but I will break down the physical aspect: let's talk about the worst case:

5GHz frequency. f= 5x10^9Hz

Also c=Lambda x f ---> therefore lambda = c/f

So for 5Ghz wireless the wavelength (lambda) is 0.06 metres. That is a very long wavelength. Basically what it is could've called heatwaves.

The worst it will do is heat your brain and that is it good but at least it is not super terrible like ionizing radiation. Have you ever had your phone close to your ear with a bad connection an noticed your ear was hot after finishing your phone call?your ear was heated by your phone emoting electro magnetic waves not by you grabbing it hard or something Your brain is affected the same way the closer it is to the source. So use speakers if you can.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I know that its not a ionizing radiation but wifi was boomed in the mid 2000s and we still don't know what the long term effects are.....

and i sleep right next to the router every night :mellow:

so it wifi 100% safe??

It's a radio wave. What do you expect. Radios haven't killed anyone yet.

Okay, I've always had this doubt

Doesnt visible light have shorter wavelengths than radio waves and microwaves (not talking about the oven, which i believe is harmful due to a lot of energy associated with the waves)?  If so wouldn't visible light be comparatively harmful?

Or is that the wifi signals have more voltage compared to most lighting devices?

Of course it's fine. Otherwise they wouldn't allow you to live right next to the router.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Okay, I've always had this doubt

Doesnt visible light have shorter wavelengths than radio waves and microwaves (not talking about the oven, which i believe is harmful due to a lot of energy associated with the waves)? If so wouldn't visible light be comparatively harmful?

Or is that the wifi signals have more voltage compared to most lighting devices?[/quotes] you can go overkill with anything.

The problem with visible light is that there is a lot of it and we had enough time to adopt to it so we are used to it and do not really experience any harm.

Edit: phone+autocorrect+quoting=THIS ... Dajum so dank boyz

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

The way I look at it, it is fine. Sunlight has far more concern than wifi, along with plenty of other things. There is a sticker on the bottom of my chairs saying they can cause cancer. I kid you not.