Is WiFi bad for you?

Cake_Eater

I imagine that it would be pretty easy to just look and the raw numbers and compare. How many people were alive at X time? How many people had wireless internet in their homes? How many people were reported to have X disease? It's nowhere close to being conclusive, but it can paint some kind of picture as to whether there's even any kind of correlation at all. Say, if way more people now are reporting to have whatever disease than would be proportional to back before wireless internet existed, you could definitely say that there's some kinda of correlation there. But if the amount of people experiencing whatever disease was rapidly decreasing from before WIFI to now, it would be pretty safe to say that WIFI doesn't seem to cause any kind of disease or mutation in humans.

Yeah this is true, and what makes this entire clusterfuck a lot more "clustery" is that during the time that wifi gained popularity, so did a crap-load of other things too. At this point it's almost impossible to test if WiFi can kill you unless you send someone to a desolate planet with a wifi router. 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Yeah this is true, and what makes this entire clusterfuck a lot more "clustery" is that during the time that wifi gained popularity, so did a crap-load of other things too. At this point it's almost impossible to test if WiFi can kill you unless you send someone to a desolate planet with a wifi router. 

And that's why when you hear on the news that studies have shown that X common household item is linked to Y disease, you have to stop and say to yourself, "Now is that direct causation, or corellation, or even just pure coincidence." I'm sure that if people were reporting diseases en masse and people were all blaming it on their wifi routers, the media would gobble that up like nobody's business. But really, at least as far as I've seen, its still people just going, "OH NO WIFI IS RADIATION AND RADIATION IS BAD WERE ALL GONNA DIE!" Nothing I've seen yet really shows substantial evidence to link diseases and wireless radio frequencies.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

So essentially what I said could still be a possibility?

EDIT: you mean pathogen orgies?

I have no authority to rule it out... It's a possibility, but there are even bigger factors that may overshadow its influence such as environmental conditions (i.e. avian flu has a hard time spreading in tropical environments) among other things...

and yes... pathogen orgies... (this should be a scientific term from now on...)

well, i'll share some first hand experience.

quite a few years ago i had wifi in my bedroom (dumb, i know) and over time i noticed i slept progressively worse and worse, basicly developing a light form of insomnia. troubles getting to sleep, waking up from the least sound, sleeping short, always tired.

then, as an experiment, i decided to unplug the wifi every evening. that night i slept like a dream, i slept like i hadnt done in years, woke up rested, full of energy.

not only that, but both my parents slept better, and my sister -who is a very bad sleeper- slept very good that night.

decided to do that for a while, then one night everyone slept bad... because i appareantly forgot to unplug the wifi.

over time i worked out a system where the entire house can have wifi, with the access point being as far away from the bedrooms as possible.

--

then, just recently, i needed wifi in the attic, meaning the access point had to be in the middle of the bedrooms. i've been waking up randomly trough the "night" (i dont really sleep nights anymore, for entirely different reasons) feeling stressed.

while this all may be 100% randomly ligning up with the wifi being in places, or not being in places. i've set my choice: wifi is not to be near bedrooms. if you need wifi in your bedroom, 2 bars out of 5 is more than enough.

to finish off with a statement:

i'd put a cable in my phone if i could.

And that's why when you hear on the news that studies have shown that X common household item is linked to Y disease, you have to stop and say to yourself, "Now is that direct causation, or causation, or even just pure coincidence." I'm sure that if people were reporting diseases en masse and people were all blaming it on their wifi routers, the media would gobble that up like nobody's business. But really, at least as far as I've seen, its still people just going, "OH NO WIFI IS RADIATION AND RADIATION IS BAD WERE ALL GONNA DIE!" Nothing I've seen yet really shows substantial evidence to link diseases and wireless radio frequencies.

Essentially we can never know at this point, everyone just has to take off their tinfoil hats and put on some sound-isolating and ignorance-boosting headphones and try not to think about that aspect. I mean come on, we've been discussing this on this forum most likely with some form of wireless signal passing "through" us whether we like it or not, there's no stopping that. We just have to accept the low-potential risk and live life like every other person on the planet right now (with exceptions)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

well, i'll share some first hand experience.

quite a few years ago i had wifi in my bedroom (dumb, i know) and over time i noticed i slept progressively worse and worse, basicly developing a light form of insomnia. troubles getting to sleep, waking up from the least sound, sleeping short, always tired.

then, as an experiment, i decided to unplug the wifi every evening. that night i slept like a dream, i slept like i hadnt done in years, woke up rested, full of energy.

not only that, but both my parents slept better, and my sister -who is a very bad sleeper- slept very good that night.

decided to do that for a while, then one night everyone slept bad... because i appareantly forgot to unplug the wifi.

over time i worked out a system where the entire house can have wifi, with the access point being as far away from the bedrooms as possible.

--

then, just recently, i needed wifi in the attic, meaning the access point had to be in the middle of the bedrooms. i've been waking up randomly trough the "night" (i dont really sleep nights anymore, for entirely different reasons) feeling stressed.

while this all may be 100% randomly ligning up with the wifi being in places, or not being in places. i've set my choice: wifi is not to be near bedrooms. if you need wifi in your bedroom, 2 bars out of 5 is more than enough.

to finish off with a statement:

I have unintentionally done the same experiment with different results. There was a power outage a few months ago and that had to be the worst sleep i've had all year, and there were only a few other factors that may have caused this. 

EDIT: not to mention that other wireless networks are probably around your house (although at a weaker signal strength like you said) I know you never said that it was a guaranteed thing, I think you should genuinely test this out in random occasions and do weekly "sleep" surveys for each night and see what the results are for the rest of your family 

Cigarettes?

The only reason Marijuana is illegal is because the government cant figure out how to tax it. They have with cigarettes. Also cigarettes control a large part of americas economy.

Essentially we can never know at this point, everyone just has to take off their tinfoil hats and put on some sound-isolating and ignorance-boosting headphones and try not to think about that aspect. I mean come on, we've been discussing this on this forum most likely with some form of wireless signal passing "through" us whether we like it or not, there's no stopping that. We just have to accept the low-potential risk and live life like every other person on the planet right now (with exceptions)

You hit the nail right on the head. One article I read basically said the same thing. Even if wifi for whatever reason can cause some kind of disease, the low potential of risk is far outweighed by the ease, efficiency, and convenience of using radio frequencies for wireless internet. And while we're on the subject of wifi routers killing people, basically we should outlaw all cellphone towers because wifi and cell phone towers emit radio waves, and the cell phone towers are putting out a way higher energy wave than a little itty bitty router.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

More radiation passes through you every second (generated by the sun) than what you will be exposed to by wifi in your entire life. You will be fine.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

EDIT: not to mention that other wireless networks are probably around your house (although at a weaker signal strength like you said) I know you never said that it was a guaranteed thing, I think you should genuinely test this out in random occasions and do weekly "sleep" surveys for each night and see what the results are for the rest of your family 

well, i live in a rather antisocial area, and even the best wifi device i have can only pick up 2 or 3 1-bar networks outside of my access points.

You hit the nail right on the head. One article I read basically said the same thing. Even if wifi for whatever reason can cause some kind of disease, the low potential of risk is far outweighed by the ease, efficiency, and convenience of using radio frequencies for wireless internet. And while we're on the subject of wifi routers killing people, basically we should outlaw all cellphone towers because wifi and cell phone towers emit radio waves, and the cell phone towers are putting out a way higher energy wave than a little itty bitty router.

Exactly, and there's no stopping major companies from shutting down their entire livelihoods because of some nerds on some tech forum (or even major research groups etc/). And considering that governments are corrupt as all hell in most cases, there's no way of doing anything about it; the internet infrastructure is here to stay. There are bigger issues in the world for the government to care about, the fact that nuclear radiation could pass through us at any given moment because of crazy extremists deems wifi radiation as a mouse vs a gigantic steam roller. 

well, i live in a rather antisocial area, and even the best wifi device i have can only pick up 2 or 3 1-bar networks outside of my access points.

oh interesting, deff. keep trying the experiment more and try the survey thing. One reason u guys might have gotten better sleep is because you didn't use any devices leading up to bedtime because the wifi was off.. 

oh interesting, deff. keep trying the experiment more and try the survey thing. One reason u guys might have gotten better sleep is because you didn't use any devices leading up to bedtime because the wifi was off.. 

it was my "private" wifi, my old folks and sister have always used a seperate access point thats in the living room because their laptops have pretty poopy wifi, and they dont like change so its set up to what our very first access point was set up as. (took me a while to convince them WEP wasnt the answer anymore...)

it was my "private" wifi, my old folks and sister have always used a seperate access point thats in the living room because their laptops have pretty poopy wifi, and they dont like change so its set up to what our very first access point was set up as. (took me a while to convince them WEP wasnt the answer anymore...)

o...

I think you had a nice dosage of placebo man

o...

I think you had a nice dosage of placebo man

you'd think that... and then comes the fact it also affected the other family members, that knew nothing of me unplugging the wifi or not.

heres another one for ya: today i forgot to unplug the access point again, my dad is having troubles sleeping. for the first time in months.

you'd think that... and then comes the fact it also affected the other family members, that knew nothing of me unplugging the wifi or not.

heres another one for ya: today i forgot to unplug the access point again, my dad is having troubles sleeping. for the first time in months.

Well it's extremely tricky, it may be a device on ur network sending out audio frequencies or something that disrupts u guys' sleep. It's almost impossible to decide what's going on. You'd have to spend some time messing with ALL networks in ur house and making sure things are truly as they seem.

EM sensitivity?

Wifi is very dangerous! The government doesn't want you to know, but wifi has been weakening our immune systems for years. Think about it. Do you know any wifi user who hasn't contracted some form of illness in their life? No! Not only does it weaken the immune system but it has been well documented that there is a correlation between wifi users and poor individuals who have contracted the system 32 virus. So why has the government allowed such a dangerous toxin in our society for so long? Some say it's an international conspiracy theory, others blame it on an abundance of Internet trolls. You decide...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Wifi is very dangerous! The government doesn't want you to know, but wifi has been weakening our immune systems for years. Think about it. Do you know any wifi user who hasn't contracted some form of illness in their life? No! Not only does it weaken the immune system but it has been well documented that there is a correlation between wifi users and poor individuals who have contracted the system 32 virus. So why has the government allowed such a dangerous toxin in our society for so long? Some say it's an international conspiracy theory, others blame it on an abundance of Internet trolls. You decide...

You obviously haven't read the entire thread...

You obviously haven't read the entire thread...

I may have glossed over some parts...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

I may have glossed over some parts...

I don't blame you

I don't blame you

You see the thought of someone afraid of wifi poisoning gave me too many ideas... I had to write it. I'm terrible, I know.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

You see the thought of someone afraid of wifi poisoning gave me too many ideas... I had to write it. I'm terrible, I know.

Lel look at my first post in this thread, ur not the only devil here

Lel look at my first post in this thread, ur not the only devil here

Lulz, guess I was a bit late to the party. You gotta give me points for creative writing at least.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!