Is WiFi bad for you?

Cake_Eater

Cigarettes are not a similar example at all but maybe more so Second hand smoke would be a better equivalent and this is actually illegal in many places. See cigarettes to smoke your self is a choice You dont get to choose if your exposed to WiFi from your neighbors or workplace etc sort of like if someone is smoking and walks past you or in the same room hence why many places its illegal to smoke inside and in public areas and many trying to always pass stricter laws like no smoking in cars with children etc.

My point was that cigarettes are allowed regardless of the health issues. And in fact, the health issues with cigarettes is much more definite than WiFi which the exposure we get is deemed safe by the FCC. You are more likely to get cancer from cell phones than WiFi and even then, that's very debatable.

There was a study done(I'll find it) that tested the nocebo affect. People who claimed to be uncomfortable around WiFi had wireless routers strapped to their backs that were unplugged. They claimed to have felt discomfort despite having no radio waves passing through their bodies.

Article: http://bigthink.com/neurobonkers/wifi-wont-make-you-ill-but-thinking-it-will-really-can

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Okay, I've always had this doubt

Doesnt visible light have shorter wavelengths than radio waves and microwaves (not talking about the oven, which i believe is harmful due to a lot of energy associated with the waves)? If so wouldn't visible light be comparatively harmful?

Or is that the wifi signals have more voltage compared to most lighting devices?[/quotes] you can go overkill with anything.

The problem with visible light is that there is a lot of it and we had enough time to adopt to it so we are used to it and do not really experience any harm.

Edit: phone+autocorrect+quoting=THIS ... Dajum so dank boyz

So that means our body has adapted to up to 400nm wavelengths meaning radio waves shouldn't cause any kind of harm? If that's the case, then isnt this question stupid as light would be more harmful than wifi signals?

Or is our body used to a specific set of wavelengths?

Have you ever had your phone close to your ear with a bad connection an noticed your ear was hot after finishing your phone call?your ear was heated by your phone emoting electro magnetic waves not by you grabbing it hard or something Your brain is affected the same way the closer it is to the source. So use speakers if you can.

To be clear, the Dielectric heating effect of a cellphone has only been proven to increase the temperature of tissues it is directly next to by a mere fraction of a degree.  It doesn't actually make it hot enough for you to even detect with your meager human senses.  ...Now, that CPU, GPU, screen, and everything ELSE in the phone totally makes heat on the other hand and you're putting that warm, electricity consuming phone next to your ear.  Then some people assume that this is somehow caused by radio waves instead.

This thread made me more ill than my router ever will.

It's nonsense  :lol:

I know that its not a ionizing radiation but wifi was boomed in the mid 2000s and we still don't know what the long term effects are.....

and i sleep right next to the router every night :mellow:

so it wifi 100% safe??

(I'm serious -_- )If you have a laptop and you keep it on your lap(like I'm doing while posting this) for longer period while connected to wifi then it will reduce the amount of sperm/egg(for male/female respectively) count in the long run but if you use a desktop then you should be fine (unless you sit on your cpu :D )

(I'm serious -_- )If you have a laptop and you keep it on your lap(like I'm doing while posting this) for longer period while connected to wifi then it will reduce the amount of sperm/egg(for male/female respectively) count in the long run but if you use a desktop then you should be fine (unless you sit on your cpu :D )

That's due to heat, also the female ovums don't live in your lap, l2anatomy.

So that means our body has adapted to up to 400nm wavelengths meaning radio waves shouldn't cause any kind of harm? If that's the case, then isnt this question stupid as light would be more harmful than wifi signals?

Or is our body used to a specific set of wavelengths?

The Other way around. I said we are used to visibly light but not really all that much to the rest of the electromagnetic spectrum( at least not in unnatural portions like wifi would definitely be)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

To be clear, the Dielectric heating effect of a cellphone has only been proven to increase the temperature of tissues it is directly next to by a mere fraction of a degree. It doesn't actually make it hot enough for you to even detect with your meager human senses. ...Now, that CPU, GPU, screen, and everything ELSE in the phone totally makes heat on the other hand and you're putting that warm, electricity consuming phone next to your ear. Then some people assume that this is somehow caused by radio waves instead.

Well give a source that proves me wrong but my physics teacher would probably argue otherswise with you(all day).

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

That's due to heat, also the female ovums don't live in your lap, l2anatomy.

Its true that the heat also affects sperm production but a recent research showed that this affect is much less than that caused by using a laptop on your lap with wifi connection since 25% of the sperm stop locomotion and 9% of sperm suffer DNA damage...

It's a radio wave. What do you expect. Radios haven't killed anyone yet.

Have you ever heard of somebody killed by air pollution? -No.

This a statistical effect and nothing you would be able to prove in the aftermath of someone's death. The radiation is "gone" as soon as it hits something and not really provable afterwards( other than directly afterwards).

However you can statistically bind radiation and death rate in some way and make up a ratio of people killed by radio atop on average( do not ask any further how this it works. Idk. I just know roughly how it works).

3.Use

Its true that the heat also affects sperm production but a recent research showed that this affect is much less than that caused by using a laptop on your lap with wifi connection since 25% of the sperm stop locomotion and 9% of sperm suffer DNA damage...

I'm going to need a source on this. If  it was due to Wi-Fi a cordless phone or microwave would have the same effect since they are all 2.4 GHz radio waves.

I'm going to need a source on this. If  it was due to Wi-Fi a cordless phone or microwave would have the same effect since they are all 2.4 GHz radio waves.

Microwave and microwave ovens do not use radio waves. Microwave ovens utilize the microwave electromagnetic radiation spectrum. Radio is another part of the spectrum entirely.

2000px-EM_Spectrum_Properties_edit.svg.p

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I know that its not a ionizing radiation but wifi was boomed in the mid 2000s and we still don't know what the long term effects are.....

so it wifi 100% safe??

ye i ate like 5 wifi's and threw up

Gigabyte X570 UD

Ryzen 5 5600x

16GB 3200mhz ram

Asus TUF Rx5700XT

600w PSU

256GB NVME boot drive

1tb sata ssd game drive

2tb mechanical storage drive

Logitech G815 Tactile

Logitech G502

AudioTechnica ATH-G1WL

LG B9 OLED

How much has the wifi usage increased since the 2000's?, a lot, right?

Now, you would expect a rise in the cases of cancer right?, do we see that?, nope.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

so it wifi 100% safe??

Wifi transmits via microwave waves, or at least, it sits around there on the electromagnetic spectrum

9G1oJgi.png

Anything right of visible light is dangerous (because it has enough energy to ionise). Radio and Microwave waves sit to the left. Our current scientific theory says no. Wi-fi is not dangerous

If radio waves were dangerous it wouldn't matter, because light would kill us first.

ARRGH MY EYES.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Wow someone who actually believes the 'studies' from 'the daily heil'.  By the way according to 'the daily heil" EVERYTHING gives you cancer.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

This is 100% True: Wifi cooks your brain, it turns it into noodles, and when you die, the noodle goblin comes and eats your brain noodles

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

well right now there is no documented case of illness or death due to wifi radiation.

Some pepole say it is harmful.

however i think that since wifi is not an ionizing wave (unlike microwaves) , you should be fine.

But only time will tell.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I still have no issues producing.

Wow someone who actually believes the 'studies' from 'the daily heil'.  By the way according to 'the daily heil" EVERYTHING gives you cancer.

My mom thinks the same thing. "do not microwave that egg in that plastic microwave safe egg cooker, it is made of plastic and will give you cancer"

So I make fun of her for that. The chairs at out kitchen table have a sticker on the bottom that say they can cause cancer. No joke.