14-year-old Texas boy arrested due to homemade clock that he brought to school

GoodBytes

Ahmed Mohamed, a 14-year old high school kid was arrested for bringing his homemade clock to school to show his engineering teacher.

The device is described by the media as: "local media described the device as being built with "a circuit board and power supply wired to a digital display, all strapped inside a case with a tiger hologram on the front."

When we showed the device to his engineer teacher, which was impressed by his work, he warned him to hide it from other professor, in the fear of not understanding electronics or what it is. But in English class, the kid had the misfortune that his clock rang, and the English professor confiscated the device, and contact the school and police thinking it was a bomb.

boyarrested.jpg

The police arrived on site, immediately arrested him, and take him away to custody.

The father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, said his son was "mistreated" because of his name and "because of Sept. 11."

Source: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/09/14-year-old-texas-boy-arrested-for-bringing-homemade-clock-to-school/

Wow, just wow..

I can't even right now. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The fuck is wrong with people?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

if he was american nothing like this would happend.... G fucking G murica, you're so racist...

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide