Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE

I found Home!

Hello guys! Fellow gun-nut here!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

26 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

I found Home!

Hello guys! Fellow gun-nut here!

Welcome!

What are the gun laws like over in Norway? What's the process for getting a firearm? And are what are the restrictions?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

so my brother got a gen 3 glock 19 and I have to say I really like it but I hate the grip on it, the finger groves are just to tight together.

Wish guns laws in the UK weren't so strict. I'd love to pick up a shotgun. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

On 9/2/2016 at 9:38 PM, Charger said:

so my brother got a gen 3 glock 19 and I have to say I really like it but I hate the grip on it, the finger groves are just to tight together.

You might like the glock 17 more. The gun is slightly bigger and has better finger spacing for larger hands.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

6 hours ago, m_tieu said:

You might like the glock 17 more. The gun is slightly bigger and has better finger spacing for larger hands.

17 or maybe even the 26 because as it is I'm basically end up with a finger on the mag rather than in the last grove as it is. Which is similar to how I hold an m&p shield.

Got a delivery of fun parts today!

JP Enterprises captured buffer assembly and a BCM Mod 44 ambi charging handle:

2016-09-072016.26.06_zpshczkxnod.jpg

I also forgot to post a pic of the NiB BCG that came in a few weeks ago for it:

2016-09-07%2016.29.16_zps01j6ynpz.jpg

She's coming along nicely :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I make an ambi charging handle latch based off the one used by the Canadian Forces.  I prefer the original way of using the charging handle, but with optics, or quick detach it's difficult to get anything other than a grip from the side on the charging handle.

16 hours ago, NavyCuda said:

I make an ambi charging handle latch based off the one used by the Canadian Forces.  I prefer the original way of using the charging handle, but with optics, or quick detach it's difficult to get anything other than a grip from the side on the charging handle.

I like to keep my hand on fire control as much as possible, so I use my off hand to run the charging handle from the side, kinda like an FAL or SCAR. Same reason I put BAD levers on all of my AR's, I want to be able to lock the bolt carrier back without taking my hand off fire control.

43 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I like to keep my hand on fire control as much as possible, so I use my off hand to run the charging handle from the side, kinda like an FAL or SCAR. Same reason I put BAD levers on all of my AR's, I want to be able to lock the bolt carrier back without taking my hand off fire control.

You realize that's flawed logic right?

If the weapon as down, it's more important to get it operational again before worrying about getting back on target.  In some cases it is more efficient to use both hands, but that's completely dependent on the rifle.

The BAD lever is a solution to a problem that only exists if your training is flawed.  It also adds mechanical complexity to the rifle increasing the risks of failure.

If you're going to be locking the bolt back, there is zero need for you to keep your hand on the fire controls.

15 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

You realize that's flawed logic right?

If the weapon as down, it's more important to get it operational again before worrying about getting back on target.  In some cases it is more efficient to use both hands, but that's completely dependent on the rifle.

This I 100% agree with, and keeping your hand on fire control, and the rifle in your shoulder is simply faster than removing it from your shoulder, clawing the charging handle and bringing the rifle back to your shoulder. 

16 minutes ago, NavyCuda said:

The BAD lever is a solution to a problem that only exists if your training is flawed.  It also adds mechanical complexity to the rifle increasing the risks of failure.

If you're going to be locking the bolt back, there is zero need for you to keep your hand on the fire controls.

You're correct that the BAD lever does add complexity and a point of failure, however if it does fail, you still have the same controls you would have without a BAD lever. Therefore as long as it is functioning, it's an advantage.

If you really thing the bad lever is a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist, try a double feed clearing drill with and without a BAD lever then come back here and tell me which is faster.

If you dont want to use one, I'm not going to ride your case for that decision, there's more than enough room for both methods. 

All depends on technique I suppose.  When I practice double feed, with one snap-cap wedged into the gas tube area, I basically do the following:

Remove the magazine by hand(I always assist the magazine removal by hand and do not rely on it to free fall) and discard it.  I twist the rifle over to the left so I have a clear view of the ejection port while simultaneously twisting my right hand under the rifle to hold the bolt stop.  I rack the action, locking the bolt to the rear. I clear the obstruction by hand, and inspect the ejection port again.  I then rack the action three times while observing the bolt carrier group to ensure it is closing completely.  I then insert a fresh magazine, rack the action and come back up on target.

It might take me a bit more time I concede, but it is more important to me to know my rifle is back up and running correctly.  I also have never been on a two way range and have no intention to be, so the clock is the only potential stress I have to deal with.

I can see how the bad lever could be beneficial in that one drill, but I'm not convinced it is worth the potential risk of failure, for one malfunction that is rare and often a symptom of a larger problem.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lgbt-guns-pink-pistols-20200809-snap-story.html

It is absolutely hilarious to me, how out of touch the political left is with reality, to the point that they constantly alienate their own people whenever they step out of line. As soon as you decide to stop being a victim, you are chastised.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just discovered this thread. I have no guns of my own (I'm too busy spending my money on cars lol) but I do think they are cool and satisfying to use. 

I have a friend who has like 5 AK-47's, 4 AR-15's, a bunch of shotguns, and a few pistols. What's even more impressive is he has over 60,000 rounds of ammo in a closet inside of crates. It's absolutely ridiculous, he can supply a small army lol. He just buys a little ammo every year and eventually it just piled up (and still is growing lol) his excuse is it doesn't devalue so

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The other day me and another friend went to his house (he lives out in the middle of nowhere on a huge plot of land) and we shot skeet, he brought out a Big box of 20 and 12 gauge ammo that he said was old so we need to use all of it, we shot for a good 4 hours lol. You should of seen all the empty shells on the ground when we were done haha, it was the most fun I've had in a while. (Though I'm not that good at it lol) 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

This guy doesn't need guns lol

and he's probably the only person in the world who has a proper excuse as to why.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Picked up the shotgun today! (Uncle borrowed it to fix some stray cat related issues)

(1960's baikal, made in USSR)

IMG_20160924_193748.jpg

(Low quality but it should be readable)

IMG_20160924_193734.jpg

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2016 at 0:52 PM, Strando123 said:

Picked up the shotgun today! (Uncle borrowed it to fix some stray cat related issues)

(1960's baikal, made in USSR)

snip

Cool

In the near-er future we might be getting a shotgun, Remington 870 Express Synthetic Tactical, with the 6 round/7 capacity (6 in the magazine, 1 in the chamber).

Not sure about gun safes though, not sure if the cheaper ones are okay or if it's better to go with a more expensive safe.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

On 9/7/2016 at 7:29 PM, Real_PhillBert said:

Got a delivery of fun parts today!

JP Enterprises captured buffer assembly and a BCM Mod 44 ambi charging handle:

2016-09-072016.26.06_zpshczkxnod.jpg

I also forgot to post a pic of the NiB BCG that came in a few weeks ago for it:

2016-09-07%2016.29.16_zps01j6ynpz.jpg

She's coming along nicely :)

I'm in the infantry, and have spent more hours than I'd like to admit finger fucking bolts with CLP and rags, and I can confidently say, the condition of that bolt is the most arousing thing I've seen all week.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I have no personal guns of my own, but since the beginning of the year I've had the opportunity to shoot over 10 different weapon systems on a nearly regular basis, all the way from handguns, to machine guns, to rocket launchers, to other explosives. I can confidently say it's addicting as fuck.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Man i haven't been shooting since Valentine's day 2015.  Every attempt to go since then something has come up.

Shame really as i finally got my first suppressor and want to play with it. 

After a 5 week wait I got another delivery yesterday!

A 15" SLR Rifleworks Solo Lite MLOK handguard:

2016-10-28%2016.21.13_zpsvqz1rm0h.jpg

2016-10-28%2016.21.24_zpscpbk8unk.jpg

2016-10-28%2016.45.22_zps6ge6u9qs.jpg

2016-10-28%2016.54.30_zpssix2esed.jpg

2016-10-28%2016.54.36_zpsjpguym05.jpg

Still waiting on my SLR Titanium Sentry7 adjustable gas block, and titanium short comp. Those should both come in within the next two weeks, or so I'm told. 

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

After a 5 week wait I got another delivery yesterday!

A 15" SLR Rifleworks Solo Lite MLOK handguard:

Still waiting on my SLR Titanium Sentry7 adjustable gas block, and titanium short comp. Those should both come in within the next two weeks, or so I'm told. 

I wish i could own a gun like that...

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Didn't read through the whole thread...but I need to go to the range. I have a Mosin-Nagant, an ISSC MK22 (.22LR 'clone' of an FN SCAR) and a complete AR lower that I still need to get an upper for. No need for a Mosin or AR pic, but this is the MK22:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgun-shop.ca%2Fwp-content

2 hours ago, Strando123 said:

I wish i could own a gun like that...

One of the few perks of living in the US haha. This is my third AR, you know, in case of zombies, or a Canadian invasion. 

13 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

One of the few perks of living in the US haha. This is my third AR, you know, in case of zombies, or a Canadian invasion. 

I cant have one because "it looks threatening" (that is basicaly the reason)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server: