Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE

Well been awhile since I have been on here so I will post a picture of my Shotgun since it is deer season and I still haven't seen anything yet.

Beretta 1301 Comp 21" barrel

oQ9lvNC.jpg

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Oh boi 

i just earned of the 960 Rowland

also need a glock 21 for 460 Rowland 

80 grain 3050 fps

like a rifle round but really bad BC. Guess sabots are always an option.

On 11/19/2016 at 2:35 PM, Trik'Stari said:

Just sitting here, thinking to myself.

I should get an AK.

Any suggestions? I definitely want something in 7.62x39. I want something that isn't rickety as hell. All but one of the AK's I've ever held, rattled like crazy and just generally felt like they were going to fall apart in my hand.

A friend in high school had one that was very nice. The finish was some kind of matte gun metal grey, synthetic furniture, basic iron sights etc. But it did. not. rattle. When I picked it up. Every single other AK I have ever held, the machine cover/dust cover shook like crazy when I picked them up.

Get a vepr. 

So I am new to this topic/forum. I live in the US and will be buying an old S&W .38 revolver. I mean this sucker is old made in the 1920's or 30's. I am looking for good ammo to use for target practice to get my mother comfortable with the sidearm and to know it well. I LOVE CCI .22 ammunition. I adore it! What breaks my heart is they don't make .38 cal. Out of the thousands of rounds (I mean it too) I only had 10 that never went off. I used Winchester, Remington, Hornady (a little), Federal, and a few others that never and I mean never compared to CCI. I might be a fanboy but when you've fired so many different brands and you are buying them yourself, you tend to stick with the best.

I do not mind paying a little extra if I can be guaranteed that what I buy will be great if not the best.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

Null

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

17 minutes ago, dual290x said:

So I am new to this topic/forum. I live in the US and will be buying an old S&W .38 revolver. I mean this sucker is old made in the 1920's or 30's. I am looking for good ammo to use for target practice to get my mother comfortable with the sidearm and to know it well. I LOVE CCI .22 ammunition. I adore it! What breaks my heart is they don't make .38 cal. Out of the thousands of rounds (I mean it too) I only had 10 that never went off. I used Winchester, Remington, Hornady (a little), Federal, and a few others that never and I mean never compared to CCI. I might be a fanboy but when you've fired so many different brands and you are buying them yourself, you tend to stick with the best.

I do not mind paying a little extra if I can be guaranteed that what I buy will be great if not the best.

First things first, with a gun this old it is incredibly important to make sure that the gun is safe to fire. Very carefully look over the cylinder, forcing cone, and cylinder lock for damage, cracks or corrosion. Check the lock up and timing of the cylinder as well.

Assuming all that is good to go, now we can talk about ammo. The .38 Special is a center fire cartridge, so they are all going to be far more reliable than the rimfire .22lr cartridge. As far as CCI goes, they are owned by Speer, so Speer Lawman branded ammo is from the same company. 

I would stick to very light loads with a gun of that age, 148gr Wadcutters are generally the lightest loaded 38 special ammo that isnt some special low recoil ammo. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM ANY +P OR +P+ AMMO LOADS IN A GUN THIS OLD. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

12 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

First things first, with a gun this old it is incredibly important to make sure that the gun is safe to fire. Very carefully look over the cylinder, forcing cone, and cylinder lock for damage, cracks or corrosion. Check the lock up and timing of the cylinder as well.

Assuming all that is good to go, now we can talk about ammo. The .38 Special is a center fire cartridge, so they are all going to be far more reliable than the rimfire .22lr cartridge. As far as CCI goes, they are owned by Speer, so Speer Lawman branded ammo is from the same company. 

I would stick to very light loads with a gun of that age, 148gr Wadcutters are generally the lightest loaded 38 special ammo that isnt some special low recoil ammo. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM ANY +P OR +P+ AMMO LOADS IN A GUN THIS OLD. 

I have actually already looked over it, it is a fine piece. I have been doing some homework and I know what you mean about staying away from the +P(+), that would not be great day on the range.

I did not know about Speer owning CCI. Thanks for that info, I will do some snooping on their ammunition. I had also though about rim vs center fire rounds right when I it the submit button. The ammunition I had such problems with were also shotgun rounds.

I will post pictures and more info about the sidearm once I get it and can read the fine print on it (if you know what I mean). Thank you very much.

ORLY?

You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

On 17.11.2016 at 8:35 PM, techswede said:

Ooh. Found a cartridge conversion 1851 Navy .38 special. 

$555 dollars.. not including shipping and additional costs.. And i don't have my firearms license yet.

So pretty though.. 

how about this puppy:

IMG_20161206_164047.jpg

44 magnum, cartridge.

or you could get a brocock texan air pistol? (look it up, its a strange thing its not like other air pistols)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Does anyone know of a 50 cal ar10 cartridge which uses 50 g brass? Basically a 500 phantom but it doesn't use 500 Jeffery brass.

Ive got a few guns, just a small 'Murican collection. 

Glock 40(aka Glockzilla), Springfield Armory Bi Tone 45 5.25, Beretta 92FS, 

Taurus 1911 45, Glock 43(Every day carry pistol), Colt LE6920, 

Remington 870 Wingmaster, Keltec P11 and finally a Ruger 10/22. 

Thats whats in my safe. I actively shoot target, hunt with or just own because I like it. 

I really only target shoot with most of them.  Keep them around until i want something new. Then sell one and buy a new one. 

So I got a visit from the FBI.

apparently it's now suspicious to buy a cart for all your ammo and guns to keep in one place just in case you need to move it in case of a storm or fire or bugging out of the city.

last time I'm going to inform a Home Depot employee what I'm looking for and for what purpose.

government and taxes at work, thank god we have taxes so the FBI can harass gun owners after 5 months of buying a cart.

12 minutes ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

So I got a visit from the FBI.

apparently it's now suspicious to buy a cart for all your ammo and guns to keep in one place just in case you need to move it in case of a storm or fire or bugging out of the city.

last time I'm going to inform a Home Depot employee what I'm looking for and for what purpose.

government and taxes at work, thank god we have taxes so the FBI can harass gun owners after 5 months of buying a cart.

i find that hard to believe that a home depot employee had anything to do with that lol

1 hour ago, Charger said:

i find that hard to believe that a home depot employee had anything to do with that lol

That's what they said(the FBI guy, last name was a stereotypical FBI name smith lol)

i said that I wanted a cart that could hold 200 pounds or more over a long time, guy asked why and I said for ammunition.

Anyone know where i can get parts for my brocock me 38 magnum .177? (I need a new hammer and the part that releases the trigger)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, Charger said:

I don't 

after the Oklahoma city bombing if someone purchased certain items at the same time, such as diesel fuel and fertilizer, stores were required to report it.  I dunno how long that lasted, or even if the rule is still in effect just not used anymore. 

There may be some company policy, or the employee could be  anti-gun, resulting in them reporting it.

1 minute ago, Thunderpup said:

I don't 

after the Oklahoma city bombing if someone purchased certain items at the same time, such as diesel fuel and fertilizer, stores were required to report it.  I dunno how long that lasted, or even if the rule is still in effect just not used anymore. 

There may be some company policy, or the employee could be  anti-gun, resulting in them reporting it.

I work at a home depot and have talked to a bunch of different customers about guns never have I been told to report gun related things.

18 minutes ago, Charger said:

I work at a home depot and have talked to a bunch of different customers about guns never have I been told to report gun related things.

That's good because it means it isn't a corporate policy, but that doesn't rule out the person he was talking to didn't have other reasons/motives for doing it.  Whether they be a concerned citizen or an anti-gun troll. 

Does anybody know where I can purchase .38 Special non+p ammunition in bulk? It must be non+p

ORLY?

1 hour ago, dual290x said:

Does anybody know where I can purchase .38 Special non+p ammunition in bulk? It must be non+p

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammo-sale/38-special-ammo

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

41 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Are they based in the US? I would hate to pay extra for shipping, tax, etc. if it is in Canada. You know what assuming does, right? ass-u-me

ORLY?

1 minute ago, dual290x said:

Are they based in the US? I would hate to pay extra for shipping, tax, etc. if it is in Canada. You know what assuming does, right? ass-u-me

They're in Oklahoma. 

33 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

They're in Oklahoma. 

Cool beans, thanks man. I assume you have used them.

ORLY?

Will an ak 47 drum mag work in a vepr 7.62x39?

I have some steel bulgarian mags new production that work but they were modified to have their locking lips be shortened and thinned down to work so if I do this with aa drum mag will it alaso work? Is the top part of the drum mag the same as a normal An 47 magazine?

On 12/8/2016 at 5:55 AM, carguy86 said:

how about this puppy:

IMG_20161206_164047.jpg

44 magnum, cartridge.

or you could get a brocock texan air pistol? (look it up, its a strange thing its not like other air pistols)

Do you remember that scene from Johnny Dangerously?

Laws only govern the honest.