BMW: http://bit.ly/1CAmsGL

In today's video Linus and Nick VB travel all the way to Germany to take the all new BMW 1 Series out for a drive and check out the cool technology inside it! 

Vessel link: https://www.vessel.com/videos/BbCvRhA8c

YouTube link: 

Hype!

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Investing in becoming a Logitech fanboi?

Vessel :(

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Wow, a car review? By Linus?? This is a dream come true.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

unexpected.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Not a BMW person myself. But, Linus and cars is a step in the right direction

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

A car video?

First detroitborg and now you guys?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

How did this even become a thing? Like, who contacted who? BMW just decided to drop LinusTechTips an email asking if they'd like to review a car... 

So this is what we have been waiting for? :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Meh... Not interesting really. BMW kinda sucks for a while now.

My dad frove a BMW 7 and it was horrible. After that an Audi A8 which was so much better, even tho it was an older car.

At least it's a car that people can afford. Not like the super expensive Chrysler that Barnacules did a review of.

Well this is pretty much a commercial, but I like how Linus called his car a Lambo :D:D 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Wow, a car review? By Linus?? This is a dream come true.

I wouldn't call this a review - it's more of a tech showcase. But yes, we were pretty excited for the opportunity :)

How did this even become a thing? Like, who contacted who? BMW just decided to drop LinusTechTips an email asking if they'd like to review a car... 

Their agency reached out to us a few months ago.

linus: "sweet! they have a go pro app! nick lets set it up!"

nick: "i didnt bring it"

*death stare*

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Change title to: BMW 1 Series - How to use the navigation & call for help.

lol

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

...not cool.

Couldn't be less interested in cars.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Only starting at $36,000  . :rolleyes:  So many better cars for the money if your buying new. Lets not get into the used market where you can get a  m3 or m4 for less. Hell you can find used m6's with a v10 for less. All though m6's are ugly as sin. I just don't see why anyone would spend that amount on this car. To even get the best engine your looking at spending at least $55 000.

Only starting at $36,000  . :rolleyes:  So many better cars for the money if your buying new. Lets not get into the used market where you can get a  m3 or m4 for less. Hell you can find used m6's with a v10 for less. All though m6's are ugly as sin. I just don't see why anyone would spend that amount on this car. To even get the best engine your looking at spending at least $55 000.

Uhh... Not sure about where you live, but if you're looking to get a car that's less than 5 years old you're not even coming CLOSE to an M3 or M4 in BC for $36k... (Example 7 year old M3, 75k KM, $40k asking).

I mean sure, if you want a 10+ year old car with outdated tech you can get something "nicer" for that money, but that's not really who this car is aimed at.

I have never seen a V10 M6 ever, just a v8. and the latest one is the most pretty though. i think it's the best looking BMW after the E39.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Uhh... Not sure about where you live, but if you're looking to get a car that's less than 5 years old you're not even coming CLOSE to an M3 or M4 in BC for $36k... (Example 7 year old M3, 75k KM, $40k asking).

I mean sure, if you want a 10+ year old car with outdated tech you can get something "nicer" for that money, but that's not really who this car is aimed at.

I live in Ontario. I didn't really mean less then the starting price. More so the equipped price.  I understand there's a market for them obviously.But Id take "outdated

"tech any day of the week.  http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oshawa-durham-region/2008-bmw-m3-2-door-coupe-2-door/1085200606?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I have never seen a V10 M6 ever, just a v8. and the latest one is the most pretty though. i think it's the best looking BMW after the E39.

Cause no one bought them lol There pretty damn cheap on the secondary market .. It's one of the rare v10's that wont cost you and arm and a leg.