STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

Sorry, didn't read the 82+.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

however i noticed you have a Truepower classic yourself....how is it? O_o.

Really good, I like it :)

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Really good, I like it :)

Awesome :).

and again i've probably posted this a few times but. here's the planned build, though i might be getting some PC parts in future so it might change.

Xeon X5550 (i7 920) (i have it)

Intel DX58SO

12GB (3X4GB)

HD 7950

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Sorry for the double post but.

i Just seen the rating the G2 550W got on jonnyguru and knowing how damn good the G2 units are, i think i might just actually fork out a little more for that one? (it's about 70 quid compared to the 50 quid antec unit)

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

Sorry for the double post but.

i Just seen the rating the G2 550W got on jonnyguru and knowing how damn good the G2 units are, i think i might just actually fork out a little more for that one? (it's about 70 quid compared to the 50 quid antec unit)

It's not that much greater to pay that much more for it. Jonny gave it a superb score because he grades PSUs on value which I absolutely hate. It's why the Corsair CX ties with many high-end Seasonic PSUs have a 9 for quality....

G2 and GS are both so good that you'll never notice a difference between them in quality and there's no justifiable reason to spend 10 dollars more on a G2 than GS. Same goes if you're gonna get an Antec High Current Gamer. Not worth the 30 extra or whatever to get a G2 IMO

EDIT: Changed the wording of the first sentence as I made it sound like Seasonic PSUs were bad xD

Edited by STRMfrmXMN

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

@STRMfrmXMN what is the best budget PSU that you would recommend (that doesn't sound like a jet engine)?

I'm doing a build for a friend, and he's on a budget :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

@STRMfrmXMN what is the best budget PSU that you would recommend (that doesn't sound like a jet engine)?

I'm doing a build for a friend, and he's on a budget :P

Well what kinda budget? Quiet ones do tend to cost more. I would check out the usual EVGA offerings (GS/G2/B2) and Antec's High Current Gamer and if those are too expensive then get back to me :)

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

now where did u find this gem ?

Use @Aniallation's PSU tier list if you want something that is vaguely accurate... It's at the bottom of the main page with all the info

Use @Aniallation's PSU tier list if you want something that is vaguely accurate... It's at the bottom of the main page with all the info

And in my sig below :)

"Rawr XD"

Which Antec unit?

"Rawr XD"

Which Antec unit?

Truepower Classic (newer one)

Off topic rant

For the love of god, CAN WE GET a GIANT banner at the top of this subject saying NOT ALL EVGA AND CORSAIR PSU'S ARE GOOD

EVGA Supernova G2 =/= Cheap ass EVGA Units / Corsair AX/HX =/= Cheap ass Corsair Units

i'm seeing too often some people putting up a few builds then putting the cheapest evga or corsair unit they can find in it, probably under the illusion that the PSU is gon be super amazing cause wow evga or corsair

i worry im becoming a bit of a snob..

Off topic rant

For the love of god, CAN WE GET a GIANT banner at the top of this subject saying NOT ALL EVGA AND CORSAIR PSU'S ARE GOOD

EVGA Supernova G2 =/= Cheap ass EVGA Units / Corsair AX/HX =/= Cheap ass Corsair Units

i'm seeing too often some people putting up a few builds then putting the cheapest evga or corsair unit they can find in it, probably under the illusion that the PSU is gon be super amazing cause wow evga or corsair

i worry im becoming a bit of a snob..

Truepower Classic appears to be good. Can't remember what the subject was xD

And I agree with da spoiler totally.

What about Fortron brand? It's pretty popular here in Eastern Europe.

What about Fortron brand? It's pretty popular here in Eastern Europe.

Wasn't on here so I did not include it. http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

TruePower Classic = Seasonic G = EVGA GS

"Rawr XD"

For what it's worth the replacement CX600M I got from Corsair about three months ago just popped a bunch of capacitors... running an i3 3240. This further reinforces my hatred for the CX series.

Gonna be sending that sucker back again. Hopefully it didn't take anything else in the system with it this time.

Our ambient temperatures this week have been horribly up and down from 26C to 40C (humidex) so I can't say I'm horribly surprised.

But I am glad my main setup runs a Seasonic G750 now.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

PCMR reddit :) but I searched for it on google images

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

PCMR reddit :) but I searched for it on google images

I wouldn't recommend using it though. Like @Aniallation said it has rebrands that are tiers below and above the originally OEM supplier's PSU. It's a messy list and the one he made makes a lot more sense.

I've never had trouble with my GM series of Cooler Master very cheap decent PSU's instead of paying the full 100-150dollar

I've never had trouble with my GM series of Cooler Master very cheap decent PSU's instead of paying the full 100-150dollar

It has poor quality capacitors however it has a 5 year warranty.. hmmm.... I'll add it :D

• 2 weeks later...

We NEED something like this (or that tier list on page 1) for SSDs. It is so confusing when shopping for them, because there's so many brands, and then certain brands have really crappy SSDs, yet they make some pretty nice ones too. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

We NEED something like this (or that tier list on page 1) for SSDs. It is so confusing when shopping for them, because there's so many brands, and then certain brands have really crappy SSDs, yet they make some pretty nice ones too. 

A tier list would make a ton more sense with SSDs.

Anybody here particularly knowledgeable in SSDs?

Okay so *rubs hands together* Today is the day i buy my friend that PSU. so i was mainly targeting a XFX pro 450W for him, however im also still looking at the Seasonic S12ii 430W and i'm just ...arhafajfa.

which one is really better?? the Seasonic is slightly more but i noticed the XFX im looking at doesn't have very many connectors.

sorry if i did ask before im just. very indecisive.