STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

Calm the fuck down, if we compare Sirtec to CWT we gotta do it in the same price range,

Or you can be safe and buy EVGA/Super Flower/Delta units

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Still do research the heck out of the unit you are looking at though, For future reference?.

Example: Antec Truepower Classic, Damn good PSU on paper, but have heard reports of bad fans on the unit.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Example: Antec Truepower Classic, Damn good PSU on paper, but have heard reports of bad fans on the unit.

Not just on paper, it's a damn good PSU in general (Seasonic S12G). Haven't heard of any fan issues with it though, there are some people on the forum with TPCs that are happy with them.

Edit: @EcoBoost

"Rawr XD"

Not just on paper, it's a damn good PSU in general (Seasonic S12G). Haven't heard of any fan issues with it though, there are some people on the forum with TPCs that are happy with them.

Edit: @EcoBoost

Usually i seen the issues brung up in the ratings thread on the store page? like on newegg or amazon.

ethier fan failure or clicking.

Shame cause when i was planning on an X58 rig for my friend i was gonna get a TP 550 :< now im not so sure.

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

They're much more expensive in here.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

Right guys, Help me out here.

3 way PSU shootout.

my choices are

XFX Pro 550W/TS 550W

Super Flower Golden Green HX 550W

Antec Truepower Classic 550W (Still a bit unsure)

Which one is the best, as in....least likely to fail and best quality and all.

Right guys, Help me out here.

3 way PSU shootout.

my choices are

XFX Pro 550W/TS 550W

Super Flower Golden Green HX 550W

Antec Truepower Classic 550W (Still a bit unsure)

Which one is the best, as in....least likely to fail and best quality and all.

Super Flower of those would be my choice. XFX has some 12V rail regulation issues.

Antec is also good. Just check out the pricing of either and buy whichever one is cheapest.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Super Flower of those would be my choice. XFX has some 12V rail regulation issues.

Antec is also good. Just check out the pricing of either and buy whichever one is cheapest.

I heard something about a missing MOV on the super flower though? should i be concerned o3o?.

If cheapest then the antec would be the winner here

also How about a Revolution X't/Triathlor from enermax?

I heard something about a missing MOV on the super flower though? should i be concerned o3o?.

If cheapest then the antec would be the winner here

also How about a Revolution X't/Triathlor from enermax?

Eh, it's not a huge deal. If the Antec is cheaper then go for it. Good performer although I don't know where you live so I can't comment on the value of it.

Eh, it's not a huge deal. If the Antec is cheaper then go for it. Good performer although I don't know where you live so I can't comment on the value of it.

UK :D

trouble is this Machine is going to the US :')

Obligatory EVGA B2/GS/G2 of good pricing there? Antec High Current Gamer?

Very the GS/B2 are about 60-65 quid G2 about 70, High current gamer is like 60, Truepower classic i can find for about 50, Golden Green HX is around 50-55

My G2 was like 100 quid aka 150 Dollars :')

Very the GS/B2 are about 60-65 quid G2 about 70, High current gamer is like 60, Truepower classic i can find for about 50, Golden Green HX is around 50-55

My G2 was like 100 quid aka 150 Dollars :')

Well then I'd go with the TruePower then.

Well then I'd go with the TruePower then.

Actually there's my options list (the build is running a 7950 so i think it'd be better go with 550w :) )

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#e=4,2&m=52,14,71,441,39&sort=a9&page=1&X=0,7029

Actually there's my options list (the build is running a 7950 so i think it'd be better go with 550w :) )

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#e=4,2&m=52,14,71,441,39&sort=a9&page=1&X=0,7029

Is modularity important? This unit is good and also semi-modular http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1650xxxb9

Is modularity important? This unit is good and also semi-modular http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1650xxxb9

But i thought it had issues with the 12V Rail? then again modular would be kind of a luxury :3

But i thought it had issues with the 12V Rail? then again modular would be kind of a luxury :3

It's not that big of a deal. I would go for it.

At that point, these are only 2 quid more xP

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-110b20750vr

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220gs0550v1

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Enermax Platimax, Revolution X't, and NAXN 82+ are good options considering their price ranges in some countries, should give them a spot on the list :)

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

NAXN sucks.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Enermax Platimax, Revolution X't, and NAXN 82+ are good options considering their price ranges in some countries, should give them a spot on the list :)

Sorry if off topic but

GIRL POWER *OFFERS HIGH FIVE*

I heard the platimax were pretty awesome though.

however i noticed you have a Truepower classic yourself....how is it? O_o.

NAXN sucks.

And you got this information from where? Various different models from NAXN do pretty good from many different reviewers tests.

And you got this information from where? Various different models from NAXN do pretty good from many different reviewers tests.

Last NAXN models gave various problems to the users of TomsHW.it. Plus, it's made by CWT which on low end units is very meh.

Spoiler

Last NAXN models gave various problems to the users of TomsHW.it. Plus, it's made by CWT which on low end units is very meh.

But the NAXN 82+ she mentioned specifically is a decent PSU and as stated in some countries it's a very viable option. The NAXN ADV is pretty good for what it is as well. However it can't be said for other NAXN models outside of the 82+ and the ADV.

"Rawr XD"