STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

Why do a lot of people hate the G1? My 1000G has been wonderful thus far  :wacko:

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Can someone please pin this topic?, or just have a recommended list for PSU's on this forum.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

`There are a lot of threads like this tbh.

Just would be handy to have some super thread on recommended PSU's, telling people to stop buying cruddy Psu's can get rather....repetitive.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Why do a lot of people hate the G1? My 1000G has been wonderful thus far  :wacko:

The 1000G is an exception :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just would be handy to have some super thread on recommended PSU's, telling people to stop buying cruddy Psu's can get rather....repetitive.

`There are a lot of threads like this tbh.

this + this already existed and was really all you needed but idk people seem to love this thread

"Rawr XD"

this + this already existed and was really all you needed but idk people seem to love this thread

Mine is all the easy to just look at a PSU by brand and be satisfied with the answer. Yours works well for a nice budget and wattage layout type thing but mine is a large list of data. I dunno, to each their own.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Why is the NEX 750B in the whitelist

It's in your recommended PSUs and the only thing wrong with it is 12V reg. I wouldn't buy one myself but it isn't a bomb.

It's in your recommended PSUs and the only thing wrong with it is 12V reg. I wouldn't buy one myself but it isn't a bomb.

Only cause it was in the price range, before the B2 came down heavily in price. Now that the B2 is even cheaper then the B1 it's been out of the list for a while. If you wouldn't recommend the G1 then I wouldn't really recommend the B1 either. FSP Raider is really eeh

"Rawr XD"

Only cause it was in the price range, before the B2 came down heavily in price. Now that the B2 is even cheaper then the B1 it's been out of the list for a while. If you wouldn't recommend the G1 then I wouldn't really recommend the B1 either. FSP Raider is really eeh

Alrighty I'll take it out.

I'd update my list more often but like nobody ever looks at it anyways

I'd update your list for you but this forum is like no

I'd update your list for you but this forum is like no

Just msg me

"Rawr XD"

OCZ ModXStream Pro are still decent PSUs, as well as their ZX Series. PC Power & Cooling's Silencer Mk III is solid as well.

Of course all of these are now sold under the FirePower brand, but they are still identical to what they were before the name change.

EarthWatts Platinum would be more of a graylist, since it's one of those "efficiency or bust" PSUs that really skimp on voltage regulation and ripple suppression in order to get really good efficiency. 

"Rawr XD"

OCZ ModXStream Pro are still decent PSUs, as well as their ZX Series. PC Power & Cooling's Silencer Mk III is solid as well.

Of course all of these are now sold under the FirePower brand, but they are still identical to what they were before the name change.

EarthWatts Platinum would be more of a graylist, since it's one of those "efficiency or bust" PSUs that really skimp on voltage regulation and ripple suppression in order to get really good efficiency.

Will add to the list. On mobile right now so it'll have to wait a few.

You should put the TT Germany series on the blacklist, they now changed the OEM from Sirtec to.......... CWT...

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

You should put the TT Germany series on the blacklist, they now changed the OEM from Sirtec to.......... CWT...

If anything CWT is generally better. Like Sirtec they kinda go back and forth.

Whats about the HXi series by Corsair?`Thought they were pretty good, aren't they?

blubb

If anything CWT is generally better. Like Sirtec they kinda go back and forth.

I hope you do know that CWT makes Corsair CXs which suck and that their platforms only operate good at below 30c. Damn, I thought you were good.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Whats about the HXi series by Corsair?`Thought they were pretty good, aren't they?

They are, they're in the whitelist.

I hope you do know that CWT makes Corsair CXs which suck and that their platforms only operate good at below 30c. Damn, I thought you were good.

Umm have you seen the Corsair RMi? That is a ballin performer made by CWT. Not all of CWT's stuff is bad. The Corsair CX is a cheap PSU so it's not supposed to be a great performer...

That's what I'm saying, on the low end they suck balls. Corsair CX is not that cheap, a 500-600w CX costs as much as the old Germany and a little cheaper than Antec Neo Eco in Italy.

Spoiler

That's what I'm saying, on the low end they suck balls. Corsair CX is not that cheap, a 500-600w CX costs as much as the old Germany and a little cheaper than Antec Neo Eco in Italy.

It's literally exactly the same as Sirtec...? Low-end kinda sucks and high-end is pretty good....