STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

As I go through the list I'm just thinking "Nope, nope nope" http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1439.htm

HEC HEC HEC HEC HEC HEC HEC....Andyson

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.

*Slaps EVGA Sticker over cougar logo*

PSU OF THUH YEAR! GR8 BARGAIN BY FOR TUP QUALITAH PSU, PUT IN EVURY SYSTUM WITHOUT QUESTUN

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been posted before or not but I found a good article about Why you might not want to buy a Corsair RM PSU. The guy explains everything in detail and adds some benchmarks from around the web. Maybe you can refer to it in the future. @STRMfrmXMN

Not sure if this has been posted before or not but I found a good article about Why you might not want to buy a Corsair RM PSU. The guy explains everything in detail and adds some benchmarks from around the web. Maybe you can refer to it in the future. @STRMfrmXMN

I'm aware that the RM isn't that good.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'm aware that the RM isn't that good.

Yeah, I know you and many people around here know what's wrong with the RM series, just saying that it may be a useful link to refer users to when they are trying to buy one. Cheers :)

Is the RMi Series good like AXi good?

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

what about the hxi series ?

They're in the whitelist :) They're pretty good.

thanks a lot ive been killing myself choosing one because I want platinum grade psu but also for it to have black/red cable mod cables that I can get in nz

thanks a lot ive been killing myself choosing one because I want platinum grade psu but also for it to have black/red cable mod cables that I can get in nz

Why do you want one with Platinum efficiency?

Luckily for you I have a guide for that! (check sig or check pinned topics on PSU/Cases subforum)

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

• 2 weeks later...

So what are the good and bad OEM'S of PSU's???

Systems built (personal) | 1. Bad Wolf (Has passed on to PC Heaven): https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/zX9WGX |  2. Red Husky: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/Mwhypg

Systems built (for commission) | 1. Red Fox: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/W4LD4D | 2. Not Namedhttp://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/TMhqqs 3. Bad Wolf 2.0: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/7p8Ycf upgraded Bad Wolf to an I3-7100 for my friend as a gift|

So what are the good and bad OEM'S of PSU's???

Good ones that are good pretty much by name:

Seasonic

Super Flower

Delta

Enhance

Usually good but not always:

FSP

CWT 

Bad almost always

HEC

Andyson

probably more but I'm really tired

What are the "different features" mentioned in the main post of the RMx series compared to the RMi series? I actually bought an RM750x yesterday, on the basis that it was €20.- cheaper than the RM750i, and from what I could find, RMx is basically RMi without Corsair Link. It's not that I'm regretting my purchase at all, I'm just interested as to what the other differences are...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

What are the "different features" mentioned in the main post of the RMx series compared to the RMi series? I actually bought an RM750x yesterday, on the basis that it was €20.- cheaper than the RM750i, and from what I could find, RMx is basically RMi without Corsair Link. It's not that I'm regretting my purchase at all, I'm just interested as to what the other differences are...

No link and I think different cables?

(...) I think different cables?

Not that I noticed. With my RM750x I've got a 24-pin, an 8-pin EPS, two PCI-E harnesses with dual 6+2-pins, two Molex harnesses, three SATA harnesses and a Molex-to-floppy adapter, which I believe is the same as what comes with an RM750i.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

@STRMfrmXMN For a post such as the one starting the thread (presuming to be the all-stop, end-all, be-all of power supply resources) it's my opinion that it would help back up the information by including your credentials/experience (because, after all, you said it's your personal list) and a list of references for your data.

@STRMfrmXMN For a post such as the one starting the thread (presuming to be the all-stop, end-all, be-all of power supply resources) it's my opinion that it would help back up the information by including your credentials/experience (because, after all, you said it's your personal list) and a list of references for your data.

jonnyguru, HardOCP, silentpcreview, techpowerup, kitguru, guru3d, little bit of overclock3d and TONS of use of this list throughout: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

Okay. So I hear that Seasonic produces the cheap capacitors that they put in Corsair CX series and thermalfake PSUs. If they make cheap ones for other companies, why would theirs be quality? Was "Safesonic" a joke, or are they actually safe?

Black and green build, I call it "Murphy". - CPU: Intel i5 4690k at 3.5 GHz - GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force - RAM: 8GB 1866 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (gold) - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2 - Storage: 240GB Corsair Force LE SSD & 1TB Western Digital Black HDD - Case: Corsair Carbide 300r - Lighting: 2 green Logisys LED sticks (currently removed)

Okay. So I hear that Seasonic produces the cheap capacitors that they put in Corsair CX series and thermalfake PSUs. If they make cheap ones for other companies, why would theirs be quality? Was "Safesonic" a joke, or are they actually safe?

SeaSonic and Delta are the best OEMs you can find - they don't make the CX, CX are made by CWT.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

ThermalTake's PSU's were fine 'till August, especially Germany series. You guys are so BIASED!

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

ThermalTake's PSU's were fine 'till August, especially Germany series. You guys are so BIASED!

ToughPower are good, rest are tosh

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

ToughPower are good, rest are tosh

Germany were good 'till August.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

Germany were good 'till August.

I don't have enough experience to comment on the Europe series. I do, however, know firsthand how crappy the Smart and TR2 series are.

jonnyguru, HardOCP, silentpcreview, techpowerup, kitguru, guru3d, little bit of overclock3d and TONS of use of this list throughout: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

It looks like that web site is like an index of most power supplies and their reviews done by other people. I'm not sure how your personal whitelist is any different than just providing a link to that site. Maybe I'm missing something.

It looks like that web site is like an index of most power supplies and their reviews done by other people. I'm not sure how your personal whitelist is any different than just providing a link to that site. Maybe I'm missing something.

That list is useful to provide information about the OEMs of the PSUs as well as things like 80+ Plus efficiency. I use it to find good PSUs by checking through the OEMs and also just to have info handy like the aforementioned efficiency and stuff like that. This list is simply a reference list for use for those seeing of a PSU they're buying or have already is good or not.