STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

Okay so *rubs hands together* Today is the day i buy my friend that PSU. so i was mainly targeting a XFX pro 450W for him, however im also still looking at the Seasonic S12ii 430W and i'm just ...arhafajfa.

which one is really better?? the Seasonic is slightly more but i noticed the XFX im looking at doesn't have very many connectors.

sorry if i did ask before im just. very indecisive.

Chances are the Seasonic won't have a ton more connectors. I'd say you're fine with the XFX.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Chances are the Seasonic won't have a ton more connectors. I'd say you're fine with the XFX.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XFX-Pro450W-Core-Edition-PC-power-Supply-Unit-80-Bronze-Wired-/311435336829?hash=item4882fe1c7d / http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/450W+XFX+Pro+Core+Edition+80PLUS+Bronze+Power+Supply+%5BP1-450S-X2B9%5D+?productId=53989&source=pcpartpicker

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seasonic-S12II-430-430W-ATX12V-Standard-Power-Supply-Unit-Bronze-/231670773158?hash=item35f0a775a6

the XFX seems to have a single 8 Pin connector where the Seasonic has a 8 Pin and a 6 Pin. and if i get my friend a card with maybe dual 6 pins or something then maybe with the XFX im kinda screwed.

EDIT: XFX TS 430W might be the one to go for then, Can get a warranty with it and it has all the Connectors and the Seasonic OEM.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

I've seen dual 6-pins on the GTX 960 that I built for a client recently with that Seasonic I mentioned in our PM and we had to use two separate cables to power a 960 because of the connections required xD

But do whatever you feel safest doing. With something that can burn your house down if purchased incorrectly it's a good idea to do the safe thing :P

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

:o. i found a 660Ti, would that be worth a little extra over a 7850? i think it'd be beefy enough for my friend though i may need to get a 550w XFX?.

again i am REALLY sorry if i am being annoying :')

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

:o. i found a 660Ti, would that be worth a little extra over a 7850? i think it'd be beefy enough for my friend though i may need to get a 550w XFX?.

The 660 Ti performs somewhere between the 7870 and 7950. A decent 450-500w would be more than enough for a 660 Ti. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The 660 Ti performs somewhere between the 7870 and 7950. A decent 450-500w would be more than enough for a 660 Ti. 

Then i just so happen to find a 670 for 7 quid more with a reference cooler.

worth it even then? (i'll just have to get a 550 TS)

then for his christmas im gonna probably get him a i7 2600/2600K

Then i just so happen to find a 670 for 7 quid more with a reference cooler.

worth it even then? (i'll just have to get a 550 TS)

then for his christmas im gonna probably get him a i7 2600/2600K

If the extra money isn't that big of an issue, sure.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If the extra money isn't that big of an issue, sure.

I should make a topic about it, my brain is becoming sick from my indecisiveness. cause i found another 670 with a slightly better cooler.

You'd be fine on a 300W PSU with a 660ti so no need to spend more money on a PSU.

You'd be fine on a 300W PSU with a 660ti so no need to spend more money on a PSU.

Actually i got my stuff today for him....bit more of a spend than i intended but worth it

XFX TS 550W

MSI Nvidia GTX 670 (Reference)

Here is the PSU i got my friend :).

2wncw85.jpg

2vrtx7n.jpg

The 670 should come tomorrow :)

Here is the PSU i got my friend :).

The 670 should come tomorrow :)

nice! tell your friend to enjoy the things!

nice! tell your friend to enjoy the things!

I'm just amazed at the lack of branding on the XFX Unit to be honest, i even feel like sticking something on the side to give it something aesthetically presentable.

I'm just wondering what seasonic unit is this one based off of? i heard it's the SS-SSP, Funnily enough it has a white PCB, which could give some indication?.

I heard this could also be a Gold unit just mistakenly branded 80+ bronze, since XFX apparently screwed up with the branding :').

I'm just wondering what seasonic unit is this one based off of? i heard it's the SS-SSP, Funnily enough it has a white PCB, which could give some indication?.

I heard this could also be a Gold unit just mistakenly branded 80+ bronze, since XFX apparently screwed up with the branding :').

The TS Bronze is the Seasonic S12II-B (GB Platform). The Gold version is the S12G unit

The TS Bronze is the Seasonic S12II-B (GB Platform). The Gold version is the S12G unit

oO Nice :).

any reason why the S12ii are 430 and 520 where the TS's are 450w and 550w?

any reason why the S12ii are 430 and 520 where the TS's are 450w and 550w?

I never really thought about it. If I were to assume, they did it to make it more search friendly and was worry that their product may go unnoticed had they went with Seasonic rating. Most people are more inclined to search for units in 50w increments (400, 450, 500, 550w, etc), rather than something like 380w, 430w, 520w, 620w, etc.

Would the EVGA supernova 550W Gold 80+ modular PSU be a solid choice?

I currently have a CX500M, is that dangerous in terms of safety or for my parts???

Would the EVGA supernova 550W Gold 80+ modular PSU be a solid choice?

Yes, I happen to own that very PSU. Good choice for sure.

Yes, I happen to own that very PSU. Good choice for sure.

Can u send me the measurements of it?

Can u send me the measurements of it?

Are they not on the official EVGA spec sheet?

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Are they not on the official EVGA spec sheet?

I think their for the size of the packaging

Opinions on cougar PSU's?

Opinions on cougar PSU's?

As I go through the list I'm just thinking "Nope, nope nope" http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1439.htm