STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

I added a few PSUs to this list today. Also added LDLC which is a French PSU company who sells solely Seasonic products. I can't find them anywhere on the internet but hey, they're stellar.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

• 2 weeks later...

@STRMfrmXMN if I may a bit rude, can I ask for some help on PSU's?

I'm looking for a dead silent 850W (I'll first have a single 390 and i7, yet I will overclock and crossfire later on), what do you recommend?

(Preferably high 80+ rating, of course :P)

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

@STRMfrmXMN if I may a bit rude, can I ask for some help on PSU's?

I'm looking for a dead silent 850W (I'll first have a single 390 and i7, yet I will overclock and crossfire later on), what do you recommend?

(Preferably high 80+ rating, of course :P)

EVGA GS/ something from be quiet perhaps?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

EVGA GS/ something from be quiet perhaps?

Can't seem to find any EVGA GS 850 Watts on sale anywhere around me. The Be Quiet! Dark Power 10 series has been retracted from stores too, yet I have found the Dark Power Pro 11 for 199€. Is that too much?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

Can't seem to find any EVGA GS 850 Watts on sale anywhere around me. The Be Quiet! Dark Power 10 series has been retracted from stores too, yet I have found the Dark Power Pro 11 for 199€. Is that too much?

It's a bit spending but it's pretty good. Is the Corsair RMi or RMx available?

It's a bit spending but it's pretty good. Is the Corsair RMi or RMx available?

Both are avaiable here. RM850i is 155€, RMx 145. Would it be safer to go for max quality, or is this just as good?

Basic guide to CPU's!

Only thing I can say is kudos to Corsair's and XFX support.

My friend's cx600 blew up about 7 months ago, he contacted support, sent his PSU in for RMA and got a new rm 750 for free.

I had a similar situation as well as I had a power surge which completely burnt the power cables for the sockets in the living room but the PSU took it like a tank and didn't get damaged at all (xfx core something or the other 850w non modular 80+ bronze psu) so I sent it in for RMA (with no faults), they couldn't find any problems but still offered a replacement but no replacements were available so I got sent a xfx pro black edition 850w. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Both are avaiable here. RM850i is 155€, RMx 145. Would it be safer to go for max quality, or is this just as good?

RMi just has Corsair Link compatibility so, unless you have a free USB 2 header on your motherboard and a need for the software then the RMx is a better choice.

Only thing I can say is kudos to Corsair's and XFX support.

My friend's cx600 blew up about 7 months ago, he contacted support, sent his PSU in for RMA and got a new rm 750 for free.

I had a similar situation as well as I had a power surge which completely burnt the power cables for the sockets in the living room but the PSU took it like a tank and didn't get damaged at all (xfx core something or the other 850w non modular 80+ bronze psu) so I sent it in for RMA (with no faults), they couldn't find any problems but still offered a replacement but no replacements were available so I got sent a xfx pro black edition 850w. 

Oh yeah, Corsair has A+ support for sure! Never talked to XFX before but they have amazing PSUs so they better be good with their service. 

RMi just has Corsair Link compatibility so, unless you have a free USB 2 header on your motherboard and a need for the software then the RMx is a better choice.

Alright, so Corsair RMi, besides the 80+ Gold instead of Platinum, would fare around just as well? (Sorry for asking so much questions :P)

Basic guide to CPU's!

Alright, so Corsair RMi, besides the 80+ Gold instead of Platinum, would fare around just as well? (Sorry for asking so much questions :P)

Yeah, they're the same unit, just the X had no link compatibility.

Yeah, they're the same unit, just the X had no link compatibility.

Thanks a lot man, I'm at least sure now that my build won't light fire :P

You're the best!

Basic guide to CPU's!

Thanks a lot man, I'm at least sure now that my build won't light fire :P

You're the best!

No problem! For the record I would still get the RMx as it saves you money, a USB 2 header on your motherboard and Corsair Link is kinda mediocre but it's whatever you wanna do man!

• 2 weeks later...

CX V1 and V2 had VERY crappy caps - hence why the main cap got upgraded to a Japanese one in V3 - still meh PSUs tho

Yeah my PSU died Cooler Master GM series... BUT because of my Motherboard and bad motherboard CPU pin contact with the VRM its also spreaded like the plague so there is something wrong with Asus and the connection between the 24pin connector i bought it in early Stage i tested my PSU and now after the accident the PSU starts to smoke too alot all because the Motherboard was overvoltage i'll send some pictures... (Thankfully CPU alive by freakin wonders man!) GPU alive too and my RAM well... i took that shit out to reseat it because i had a Power ON problem the lighs was all burning EVEN the fans and my MOUSE???? like how the freakin hell was lighting and electricity comming out of the USB ports??? anway here it is...

This is RIGHT after i unplugged the PSU from the wall and DID it directly TO the OFF STATE and plugged the damn 6pin CPU connector OUT!!!

Z0bc8rs.jpg

UUXS9Ec.jpg

JhDYQpW.jpg

rSan5TJ.jpg

GGjmc61.jpgMVuenef.jpg

RIP man... well Cooler Master provides full warranty along with Asus voor this kinda demage because of poor connection with the PSU my PSU also died soo there goes my 1yrs old GM series Cooler Master G450M... smoke came out the thing because it didnt had overvoltage protection well yeah the thing costed me 45Euro's not bad at freakin all... it had a Strong 12V rail so could do a little bit of overclocking aslong i have GOOD wall power wich in my sleeping room where there arent any new ones ARE...

Asus Revision was like 1.03 pritty bad to buy a rushed Motherboard bought on first day on the release had alot of Power issue's also with the bios it had some issues with a second GPU too and as you can see the... well Chipset has fried aswell... 

Before i did this power this and it had like LIT indicators of like RED and WHITE and it was like NOT booting on correctly and or took a while to do so because of bad connection? here was the video i posted a little while back...

Ouch, that sucks man...

Yup also as you can see the 99 and numbers make it a RAM problem aswell as Asus support told me months ago to replug the Power connector on the 24pin...

Had issues with fans not working aswell.....

Yup also as you can see the 99 and numbers make it a RAM problem aswell as Asus support told me months ago to replug the Power connector on the 24pin...

Had issues with fans not working aswell.....

You got a small loan of a million dollars to help you rebuild your PC :P

You got a small loan of a million dollars to help you rebuild your PC :P

Haha lol m8 and if ya have it about rebloblic ffs don't vote BUSH and LOL if you vote Trump PHAHAHA for the sake of my sanity and the Land of the United States... vote Clinton... K thanks :)

Well yeah man i'm gonna RMA this xo i should of noticed the problem but i had my PC skills under devlopment i was beginner Skylake is my 3rd PC build in a year...

As far as the warranty goes, give me a second...

Haha lol m8 and if ya have it about rebloblic ffs don't vote BUSH and LOL if you vote Trump PHAHAHA for the sake of my sanity and the Land of the United States... vote Clinton... K thanks :)

Well yeah man i'm gonna RMA this xo i should of noticed the problem but i had my PC skills under devlopment i was beginner Skylake is my 3rd PC build in a year...

As far as the warranty goes, give me a second...

Can't vote, 16 years old, I'll be 17 by the time voting comes around, though I'd vote for Sanders.

Maybe a nice Seasonic PSU is in check here? :D

You should create a PSU blacklist. I think I know of one in particular... And I know you do too, I saw you viewing the thread.

Pardon meh?

Also, the "blacklist" is kinda established by "tier 5" units in Aniallation's tier list tbh

Can't vote, 16 years old, I'll be 17 by the time voting comes around, though I'd vote for Sanders.

Maybe a nice Seasonic PSU is in check here? :D

Uh if i get replacement in RMA i'll look into selling it because yeah the GM has pritty good Warranty coverage but i cannot handle the costs if its getting overvolted and the 12V is pritty neat aswell it was like 38amps for a 450W on 12V rail... the rest yeah it might be a little bit too cheap for my build i need another one for sure than i want atleast overvoltage protection or voltage current power must be 100% stable like a Silver or Gold rating... i think of getting one in januari its getting cheap than soo i'll be able to find a Seasonic or EVGA or MAYBE Corsair if it has pritty good price otherwise fuck Corsair i'll go for EVGA or Corsair the one that has better Warrranty and service is the one i'll be chooseing along with the whitelist of the Caps and overall build qwality and protection... Thanks :)

Pardon meh?

Also, the "blacklist" is kinda established by "tier 5" units in Aniallation's tier list tbh

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/515473-teardown-and-review-of-the-turbolink-atx-xg500w-crappy-psu/ Also where is this tier 5 thread?