STRMfrmXMN's PSU Whitelist (No longer updated)

I found my warranty claim...

A little before i realized itsd atually the Motherboard after close inspection of the PCB of the motherboard and the 24pin connection and there was lots of smoke so it was shorting with 24pin THAN overvoltaged my PSU after i tested PSU catched some so i QUIKLY turned that thing off and made my Warranty Claim...

e15674e81205c577efb0c2bb7b3c9928.png

05b7d4fdb925376db9d112fcedb5b52f.png

Oh and well as expected i hear electric sound buzzing and when i do on and off the Cooler Master CM PSU is sounding dead Capcitors but that isnt a suprice after such a high current, motherboard broke because of a short between 24pin and motherboard thankfully NOTTHING arround the CPU 

And at the PCIE slots demage is minimal.

Fans turning on while the system was OFF

USB Devices randomly activating LED

A few months ago fans after i turned OFF the system don't stop spinning

And this is why the fan headers was on FIRE... typical 24pin connection issue.

Edited by Redicat

• 2 weeks later...

I have an AX1200i which I picked up at a local Fry's Electronics store near me. Tested it recently by hooking up 3 optical drives and a hard drive. Works well so far. Though I wish there was a 1200-watt 80 Plus Platinum certified Seasonic power supply available. But oh well, at least I have a 7-year warranty on my AX1200i. First-world problems.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

I have an AX1200i which I picked up at a local Fry's Electronics store near me. Tested it recently by hooking up 3 optical drives and a hard drive. Works well so far. Though I wish there was a 1200-watt 80 Plus Platinum certified Seasonic power supply available. But oh well, at least I have a 7-year warranty on my AX1200i. First-world problems.

That's one of the best PSUs out there man. Enjoy it!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

what is generally considered to be the cheapest psu one can get that has no (low) risk of being a durp?

building a very low end system for a friend...trying to avoid anything being durp with it

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

what is generally considered to be the cheapest psu one can get that has no (low) risk of being a durp?

building a very low end system for a friend...trying to avoid anything being durp with it

I mean, that depends a lot on sales and prices things are going for when you buy them. I've seen the EVGA B2 750W for 53 dollars USD before and that's a steal. It also depends on what you're building. If you're building a GTX 950 system then a Corsair CX430M would be fine.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I mean, that depends a lot on sales and prices things are going for when you buy them. I've seen the EVGA B2 750W for 53 dollars USD before and that's a steal. It also depends on what you're building. If you're building a GTX 950 system then a Corsair CX430M would be fine.

currently a video card isnt even in the plans..I do mean very low end she needs soemthing to replace her (my old) aging netbook that refuses to connect to wifi at times cause fuck you thats why.

at most (using todays cards as an example) she might get something on part with a 960 (or whatever fit into that teir at the time)

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

currently a video card isnt even in the plans..I do mean very low end she needs soemthing to replace her (my old) aging netbook that refuses to connect to wifi at times cause fuck you thats why.

at most (using todays cards as an example) she might get something on part with a 960 (or whatever fit into that teir at the time)

Well a GTX 960 will live on a CX430M so go for it.

Well a GTX 960 will live on a CX430M so go for it.

for the sake of it this is the system 

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Y4NZ6h

dont have much room to work with sadly

System Specs

for the sake of it this is the system

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Y4NZ6h

dont have much room to work with sadly

What does she need an i5 for...? If it's "super basic" I would assume a Pentium would be enough with an i3 maybe being a bit overkill.

What does she need an i5 for...? If it's "super basic" I would assume a Pentium would be enough with an i3 maybe being a bit overkill.

photoshop/ possible premier  and just in general something thats going to have a reasonable amopunt of life to it..and maaaaybe light  gaming

I also believe in a system with a strong "foundation" (cpu) if you can afford it since the cpu is going to have a reasonable amount of life to it and is much more of a pain in the dick to replace by the time you realize your low end offering isnt enough.

System Specs

photoshop/ possible premier  and just in general something thats going to have a reasonable amopunt of life to it..and maaaaybe light  gaming

I also believe in a system with a strong "foundation" (cpu) if you can afford it since the cpu is going to have a reasonable amount of life to it and is much more of a pain in the dick to replace by the time you realize your low end offering isnt enough.

An i3 is not a "low-end" offering... I use mine for Adobe Premier for gosh sake!

You'd save about 80 bucks by getting a 4170 rather than a 4460 or whatever. I'd do that.

An i3 is not a "low-end" offering... I use mine for Adobe Premier for gosh sake!

You'd save about 80 bucks by getting a 4170 rather than a 4460 or whatever. I'd do that.

I never said it was low end, I said to low end for what you want, and tbh i was ballparking with premiere I have never used it. 

anyways the way I do builds is I ask the range they are looking to spend...and find 3 teirs of system to fir that a lower end option on their lowet amount and a high end one thats at the top of their estimate.

that's the middle one the higher end one is a bit more on a skylake i5..I will do a lower end one with an i3 later on 

System Specs

I never said it was low end, I said to low end for what you want, and tbh i was ballparking with premiere I have never used it. 

anyways the way I do builds is I ask the range they are looking to spend...and find 3 teirs of system to fir that a lower end option on their lowet amount and a high end one thats at the top of their estimate.

that's the middle one the higher end one is a bit more on a skylake i5..I will do a lower end one with an i3 later on 

Alrighty, well either way, a no GPU system or GTX 960 is fine on a CX430M. I'd not go to much lower as you miss out on having a real warranty or some modular capabilities.

Alrighty, well either way, a no GPU system or GTX 960 is fine on a CX430M. I'd not go to much lower as you miss out on having a real warranty or some modular capabilities.

cool thanks

System Specs

The CX line has been so good to me. :( I guess I just have good luck... and I'm just one person.

Same with the CS750M, so quiet and looks so good and the cables are so nice, never ran into any problems :(

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

I've been updating this since it got pretty broken in the update. If anybody could tell me how to make the spoilers that are not appearing in automatic colors work, that would be awesome.

7 hours ago, Overkilled said:

I think we can all agree the rmi is the best looking psu

I'm not really sure. Maybe those really high-end Enermax units.

• 2 weeks later...

What would be the perfect one for me: min. 600W, VERY quiet, semimodular or modular, ketchup and mustard cables don't matter, under 90€

AMD FX-6100 @4.2GHz / Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB / Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 / Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 8GB / Adata S510 128GB / Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB / Alpenföhn Brocken ECO /  EVGA GQ 650 / Fractal Design Core 2500 / Fractal Design Venturi HF Fans / 

"It's like a fish with no internet" -Linus Sebastian, 2016

Just now, tbsgbhrdt said:

What would be the perfect one for me: min. 600W, VERY quiet, semimodular or modular, ketchup and mustard cables don't matter, under 90€

EVGA GQ/GS/G2?

Seasonic G-series is dead silent as well.

how about m12II-evo?

AMD FX-6100 @4.2GHz / Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB / Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 / Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 8GB / Adata S510 128GB / Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB / Alpenföhn Brocken ECO /  EVGA GQ 650 / Fractal Design Core 2500 / Fractal Design Venturi HF Fans / 

how about m12II-evo?

One of the M12s is older and that one had remarkable failure rates for whatever reason. It's hard to find it nowadays. If you get the EVO (which I'm pretty sure is the new version) then you're getting a great PSU.

In Germany the prices are: EVGA 650 GQ 90€, Seasonic M12II-650 Evo 85€, Seasonic G-650 100€, EVGA GS 650 105€, EVGA G2 650 115€, EVGA G1 650 90€, Cougar CMD 600 90€. So which one is the best and quietest for my money? Is the EVGA G1 still good cuz i really like it and it has got the best cables.

In Germany the prices are: EVGA 650 GQ 90€, Seasonic M12II-650 Evo 85€, Seasonic G-650 100€, EVGA GS 650 105€, EVGA G2 650 115€, EVGA G1 650 90€, Cougar CMD 600 90€. So which one is the best and quietest for my money? Is the EVGA G1 still good cuz i really like it.

The EVGA G1 really isn't very good, no. Of those, the best for your money is definitely the 650W EVGA GQ.