IPhone 6S leaks (identical design-wise, most changes are inside)

Nineshadow

so, apple can do refresh's every other year and it's all fine and dandy, but the moment AMD "refreshes/rebrands" the 200 series, everyone flips the fuck out.

Nah, we don't like it either, but have you tried telling an Apple fanboy that?

Those guys legitimately believe every word apple says. They're brainwashed by words like "retina" which seems to mean "lower than average resolution, but way cooler name". I won't even try arguing with them.

How is it common sense to not buy a new phone every year? Being on the bleeding edge of technology is expensive. If you can't afford it then don't upgrade, but don't be so butthurt at those that can. That's just silly.

Back when Apple innovated this statement made sense. Now? Not so much. Innovation in smartphones has stagnated in general, and lies mainly in software, which older devices still can upgrade to. There's very little reason to justify buying a new phone yearly, especially since it's also extremely wasteful in some cases.

I don't want to sound like a green hippy, but we could all do with a little less phones, it'd help the planet. 

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Even if i was a millionaire i woldnt buy a new phone every year... Why would you need to?  Inb4 mah added features...

Because I feel like it. Same reason I get a new video card every year. I don't need to, but I do it. 

Aww is someone mad they can't get a new phone every year? 

you mean someone has common sense not to buy one every year

^^

How is it common sense to not buy a new phone every year? Being on the bleeding edge of technology is expensive. If you can't afford it then don't upgrade, but don't be so butthurt at those that can. That's just silly. 

yes, because wasting stuff is what we do ! and we do it well!

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Not a baiting comment at all. Also, if people just want a phone, they wouldn't buy one every year..

You you can make a blanket assumption based on your own facts can you?.. my my you should run the government. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

1. I think people who buy new GPUs every year are wasting money... Might even call them morons.

2. With GPUs the thing its used for actually gets more demanding over time warranting an upgrade. With the phone... uh not really hardly.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I, for one, am very excited about the forcetouch. Finally some innovation that will make typing on a touch screen more acceptable. 

What part of forcetouch?

The haptic feedback on the touchpad? Phones already have haptic feedback. Of course, its quality differs, but haptic feedback has been around for quite a while now.

The other thing forcetouch introduced was the force click and stuff like that. I think that would definitely be interesting, but mainly a gimmick nonetheless.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Those guys legitimately believe every word apple says. They're brainwashed by words like "retina" which seems to mean "lower than average resolution, but way cooler name". I won't even try arguing with them.

The "Retina" moniker has meaning. You don't much sharper than a retina-level resolution. The human eye literally stops being able to perceive differences after a certain pixel density. Going higher only serves to waste your battery life, regardless of your affectations toward chasing resolution.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Soooo what's the main advantage?

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

^^

Enjoy being multiple generations behind if that's your thing. 

i truelly hope it's smaller then the 6, otherwise my 4s will live on

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

yes, because wasting stuff is what we do ! and we do it well!

If you don't own the cheapest phone you can possibly get then you are wasting. Technology is a hobby. Hobbies cost money, no matter what they are. 

Enjoy being multiple generations behind if that's your thing. 

ohh yeah because the diffrence is so huge these days!

/s

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Actually considering how light iOS is with the iPhone 6 already, this could be faster than comparable Android phones. I have such a shitty phone already, this would be such a great upgrade.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

ohh yeah because the diffrence is so huge these days!

/s

I prefer new shit. I'm not a fan of hanging on to old shit. If you like old tech then good for you, I don't. 

Retina was used as a term to differentiate between the product lines when not all of Apple's products were using high resolution displays. You have to remember the iPhone 4 with "retina display" came out five years ago. High resolution displays were not the norm and it was an easy way to tell consumers "Hey we have something no one else does". The average consumer doesn't know what the hell 1920x1080 is. Learn marketing 101. 

Now pixels are being used as a dick waving competition by Apple's competitors. Apple doesn't need to increase the pixel density on their phones. It's already to the point where you can't distinguish between pixels unless you stick your gob right on the screen. My sister has an LGG4 with a 2560x1440 display. I think it looks worse than the iPhone 6's screen when it comes to the colors and contrast. Just useless upgrades to an already fine screen that depletes battery life and uses up more performance than is necessary. 

"Ho , look at me, yesterday I bought myself a Nisan GTR to get the super-car thrill , but today I drove around in my friend's Bugatti and I decided to get one of them as well as it looked more professional. Only like $1 million, not that big of a deal. However, just a few hours ago I got into a Tesla Model S and ended up ordering three of them, one for myself, one for my wife and one for my son, because it is , indeed, the future of cars, and I've always wanted to live in the future.I also bought like $5 million worth of shares in Tesla because it looked like a great investment.Dunno what to do with the GTR and the Bugatti though. I guess I'll have to buy myself another garage to store them."

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1. I think people who buy new GPUs every year are wasting money... Might even call them morons.

2. With GPUs the thing its used for actually gets more demanding over time warranting an upgrade. With the phone... uh not really hardly.

To you perhaps. But I'd upgrade from a 5 to a 5S for the touchid alone. It's a god send. Literally faster having touch ID than it is to not have a password lock at all. Phone is unlocked by the time I'm looking at the screen when I take it out of my pocket. 

But my original point was to emphasize that its stupid to call people "morons" to upgrade their iPhone every year and only those people when if you think they're morons you should apply the same label to everyone who upgrades anything year to year. 

If there's no real W10 flagship phone coming out before this winter, I might just jump ship to using iOS for the first time in my life. Anything but android for me. 

The "Retina" moniker has meaning. You don't much sharper than a retina-level resolution. The human eye literally stops being able to perceive differences after a certain pixel density. Going higher only serves to waste your battery life, regardless of your affectations toward chasing resolution.

I was referring to the fact that it is often used by people that know nothing as an argument. 

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I think they should just abandon the "S" releases and just release an actually new phone once every two years. But yeah there are always the sheep that want a new one like every damn month...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

If you own an iPhone 5/5C or even an iPhone 5S this is a good upgrade, and anyone whos 24 month contract is ending should consider getting this. 

But if you own an iPhone 6 then this isn't the point in which you should get a new phone, imo wait for the iPhone 7 (If you're an iOS user) 

Buying a new iPhone every year only makes sense if you have the money to do so, buying one every 2 years has made a lot more sense in the past, but even still if you really don't have the money you could get away with a new phone every 3/4 years and still stay decently 'current' performance wise, but you would notice a performance increase by upgrading. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

iphone 6s looks just like the 6 and internal only upgrades...who saw that coming

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

If there's no real W10 flagship phone coming out before this winter, I might just jump ship to using iOS for the first time in my life. Anything but android for me. 

Care to explain why not android?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D