Retail AMD Fury X Sound Testing - Pump Whine Investigation by PCPerspective

BiG StroOnZ

Sorry but can you like explain ? I'm seriously lost in your comment.

Well they had to disclose information surrounding the architecture and the way their chip was designed and binned. I don't think they would've shown that information in the public, had this not leaked out and deemed it necessary.

That is, admitted, just a guess though.

well i hope this teaches them not to accept offers for cheap coolers in the future

And teach them that quality assurance is a thing.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Drawing >500W over connectors rated at max 375. (2x150W and 75W from PCI-E). Also the VRM's running extremely hot, though that's not really an ATX specification.

Yes it's a fast card, when crossfire works. But it's a bad product. Just like the Fury X is a fast card, but also a poor product (cue this topic).

By not releasing them anymore? Don't think there is a 390X reference.

As mentioned ATX can handle over 500w per cable, but yeah, they would have put in one more 8 pin connector. But it wouldn't have made any difference tbh.

I agree the Fury X has a problem with the pump and a problem with the lack of HDMI2, but I don't agree that it is a bad product at all.

There is a 390x reference, but I doubt it will be sold (giant picture):

amd_radeon_r9_390_official.jpg

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Well they had to disclose information surrounding the architecture and the way their chip was designed and binned. I don't think they would've shown that information in the public, had this not leaked out and deemed it necessary.

That is, admitted, just a guess though.

I agree but unlike this problem the 970 "3.5GB" doesn't have effect in gaming ( members like guy from digital storm personally tested the card ) like in GTA V it goes over 3.5 GB but it's totally fine and no stuttering and b.s. and @Kloaked has prove it too, and 970 has Delta colour comparison which should help.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

well i hope this teaches them not to order and use cheap coolers in the future

Fixed that for you.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I am going to quote myself from another thread on this forum. I think it applies here for the brand arguments. 

Yeah, i see it happening a lot too. I myself am very anti-fanboy. I see graphics cards as tools, not as sports teams one roots for just because they exist. People forget that we owe absolutely nothing to these companies, let alone our allegiance. They exist as a means to profit off of us based on what they can offer us. To defend them when they release mediocre products just causes more harm than good. Regardless of who the company is, they need to be held responsible for their mistakes. A consumer should not be making excuses on behalf of a company, nor should they be accepting of a companies excuse as to why their product did not live up to the advertised specs, or promised performance. 

It is a mindset i will not understand. Do people feel like they are being insulted when someone exclaims that X company has terrible products, because they happen to own a product from X company? If so, why do they feel that defending that company will make them feel better? Is it self rationalization? Are they trying to justify a purchase that may or may not have been the best decision? Are they trying to convince themselves that they are happy with something when they secretly are not? I would love to be filled in on this subject.

I just wish i knew when things became backwards. Consumers should not be fighting for the companies. The companies should be fighting for the consumers. Alas, my words will fall on deaf ears, and people will continue to have their "MY OBJECT IS BETTER THAN YOURS BECAUSE I LIKE IT" arguments, and every piece of factual information will be ignored. 

TL:DR? Companies are out to make money, they are not some just cause worth dying for. They should be fighting to get your business, not the other way around. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Fixed that for you.

was that any different from what i said. if they accept an offer for a bad third party cooler then they are going to order and use it

well i hope this teaches them not to accept offers for cheap coolers in the future

While I believe ASETEK is the proven route, I think CoolIT Systems would have been a better and more proven choice than CM as shown by all more modern Corsair AIO Coolers like the H110i GT, H100i, H80i, H60. 

As mentioned ATX can handle over 500w per cable, but yeah, they would have put in one more 8 pin connector. But it wouldn't have made any difference tbh.

I agree the Fury X has a problem with the pump and a problem with the lack of HDMI2, but I don't agree that it is a bad product at all.

There is a 390x reference, but I doubt it will be sold (giant picture):

amd_radeon_r9_390_official.jpg

Look at its price compared to the 980ti, then look at the benchmarks.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

companies are out to make money

Shitty companies are. Good companies deliver good products and try to pander to their marketshare/consumerbase to build trust. Not lie to them and sell them stuff that isn't as advertised.

This cynical way of making money is what also corrupted the AAA games industry, and eventually it will collapse and fall on your head.

I agree with Notional ( kinda ) the Fury X isn't a bad product but it isn't the best and as far as I can see 980Ti is superior and the better product.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

The 980ti is 200$ more expensive than the Fury X in Denmark, and the Fury X comes with an AIO included in the price. Vastly superior temps on the GPU.

But yeah, it sucks that the pump makes that noise. No one likes that.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Shitty companies are. Good companies deliver good products and try to pander to their marketshare/consumerbase to build trust. Not lie to them and sell them stuff that isn't as advertised.

This cynical way of making money is what also corrupted the AAA games industry, and eventually it will collapse and fall on your head.

I think Apple fall under your conditions for a good company and I think they are a good company.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

While I believe ASETEK is the proven route, I think CoolIT Systems would have been a better and more proven choice than CM as shown by all more modern Corsair AIO Coolers like the H110i GT, H100i, H80i, H60. 

it will be cool if they have EK make the waterblock i dont care if its more expensive which really should be like a difference of 50 dollars 

The 980ti is 200$ more expensive than the Fury X in Denmark, and the Fury X comes with an AIO included in the price. Vastly superior temps on the GPU.

But yeah, it sucks that the pump makes that noise. No one likes that.

im interested in what it sounds like with the case closed and at a reasonable distance

was that any different from what i said. if they accept an offer for a bad third party cooler then they are going to order and use it

Yes,

The difference is that we don't know if coolermaster offered a deal or whether AMD had them make one to order or they just sold AMD something off the shelf.  However what we do know that AMD has 100% control/knowledge over the product requirements from the get go and it isn't an unforeseen incidental mistake that the QC was overlooked.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The road to hell is paved with good intentions sir. I like to believe everyone starts off with a good view in this world, and want to help people. Though, along the way, something changes. While a company might do whatever they can to cater to the consumer, they still need it to be profitable. Their own survival as a company will always come before the consumer, regardless of that company. No company will risk going into debt to please a consumer.

This is understandable too. It is why i do not take the word of a company as gospel. I understand they want to appeal to me as much as physically possible, i also understand they will do whatever it takes to survive, and bending the truth tends to go hand in hand with surviving in a business. Call me a pessimist, but until the world works differently, it is how i will continue to see it.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Fury X is also a bit cheaper in Holland. It's is also not available.

ANYWHERE.

The 980 Ti is barely available from what I've seen. When I have seen it it costs more than the equivalent of $1000 USD, but that could just be UK pricing.

it will be cool if they have EK make the waterblock i dont care if its more expensive which really should be like a difference of 50 dollars 

Well your prayers have been answered:

2132j9.jpg

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ek-fc-r9-fury-x-a-amd-radeon-r9-fury-(x)-full-cover-water-block.html

But as far as them being the OEM designer, I don't think that would be possible, it would only cater to a niche section of the marketplace that does custom watercooling themselves.

I think Apple fall under your conditions for a good company and I think they are a good company.

If you neglect their production methods, it's like modern-day slavery. But let's not digress.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions sir. I like to believe everyone starts off with a good view in this world, and want to help people. Though, along the way, something changes. While a company might do whatever they can to cater to the consumer, they still need it to be profitable. Their own survival as a company will always come before the consumer, regardless of that company. No company will risk going into debt to please a consumer.

This is understandable too. It is why i do not take the word of a company as gospel. I understand they want to appeal to me as much as physically possible, i also understand they will do whatever it takes to survive, and bending the truth tends to go hand in hand with surviving in a business. Call me a pessimist, but until the world works differently, it is how i will continue to see it.

Well, it works out for some companies that just stick to what they do best and only rarely change their formula.  Look at Noctua for example. They make fans, they have a good reputation, have outstanding warranties and do this at a smaller margin on the products than other companies. They seem to be doing OK still.

AMD wanted to battle both Nvidia and Intel and made some financial gambles that are...questionable. Like buying the overevaluated ATI. But I agree with the sentiment of your comment.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ek-fc-r9-fury-x-a-amd-radeon-r9-fury-(x)-full-cover-water-block.html

But as far as them being the OEM designer, I don't think that would be possible, it would only cater to a niche section of the marketplace that does custom watercooling themselves.

they can probably design it into an AIO

If you neglect their production methods, it's like modern-day slavery. But let's not digress.

Well that's for all companies that use Chinese manufacturers.

im interested in what it sounds like with the case closed and at a reasonable distance

Terrible from me experience with my PSU having coil whine which is very similar.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Don't know if I misunderstood your post, but Corsair H100i GTX (and the other Corsair coolers as well) is an Asetek unit: http://asetek.com/customers/do-it-yourself/corsair/corsair-hydro-series-h100i-gtx.aspx

Fury X is also a bit cheaper in Holland (~50 euro). It's is also not available.

Anywhere.

Still in stock here. At least 10 units at Komplett.dk Probably in stock in other retailers as well.

If you can hear coil whine through the side, you can hear this too I'm sure.

-Snip-

If Swiftech did something like the H140-X with a GPU waterblock for the reference design that would have been very cool. Imagine a single slot reference flagship card