Retail AMD Fury X Sound Testing - Pump Whine Investigation by PCPerspective

BiG StroOnZ

At least they have a grasp.

I guess.  It just doesn't always do them justice. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I guess.  It just doesn't always do them justice.

I agree, but at least they try their best and get things as right as they can.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

original:

-snip-

revised:

-snip-

Anand forums claim it "sounds" better: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2437161&page=2

---

eVrZw3X.png

Okay... I didn't read this post right the first time.... >.<

So PCPer was not actually testing revised pumps. >.<  Still, useful warning that the version 1 pumps are not limited to review samples. Hopefully AMD takes back the stickered pumps and replaces them with embossed pumps (assuming the embossed pump is actually that much better) so we're not wasting perfectly good Fiji GPUs.

If the OP could update the OP with PCPer's update, that would be nice.

Okay... I didn't read this post right the first time.... >.<

So PCPer was not actually testing revised pumps. >.<  Still, useful warning that the version 1 pumps are not limited to review samples. Hopefully AMD takes back the stickered pumps and replaces them with embossed pumps (assuming the embossed pump is actually that much better) so we're not wasting perfectly good Fiji GPUs.

If the OP could update the OP with PCPer's update, that would be nice.

There is no guarantee there is such a thing as a revised pump, so far only one source has popped up with a "revised pump." This source is a single guy on Youtube. Every source you see on the internet at the moment is using this one guy on Youtube. If there were more, wouldn't you expect to see more than one source? I'm not updating anything until someone comes up with a single solid source, or multiple sources. Not one guy on Youtube. 

Ryan Shrout details on his Podcast, that he is trying to make things right with this investigation by asking AMD exactly if they have fixed the issue yet, if they have fixed it can he get one of the fixed versions, he also asked what they did or changed or what Cooler Master did to fix it and AMD simply ignored him with his requests:

Watch Here

or: 

-snip-

skip to 55:37

Finally got around to watching last night. Basically they said they don't know how many defective units are out there and because their sample test (only 2 from XFX) was so small that they can't say for sure, AMD didn't fix it yet. 

AMD not responding on Ryan asking what exactly was fixed, etc. who knows, maybe the rep he contacted didn't know and is looking into it. Cooler Master makes the pumps, maybe it would be better to ask them directly. Maybe they don't want people to know what was wrong or what was fixed. I don't know.

Regardless, PCper did not conclude that none of the retail units have been fixed or are being fixed. They basically said let's wait and see if more fixed units start showing up out there. Same thing I'm saying. It's inconclusive at this point. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS