Retail AMD Fury X Sound Testing - Pump Whine Investigation by PCPerspective

BiG StroOnZ

Don't know if I misunderstood your post, but Corsair H100i GTX (and the other Corsair coolers as well) is an Asetek unit: http://asetek.com/customers/do-it-yourself/corsair/corsair-hydro-series-h100i-gtx.aspx

Still in stock here. At least 10 units at Komplett.dk Probably in stock in other retailers as well.

If you can hear coil whine through the side, you can hear this too I'm sure.

lol im running my cpu fan at like 100% so i dont think i will hear it

The 980ti is 200$ more expensive than the Fury X in Denmark, and the Fury X comes with an AIO included in the price. Vastly superior temps on the GPU.

But yeah, it sucks that the pump makes that noise. No one likes that.

They are same price in the USA

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

lol im running my cpu fan at like 100% so i dont think i will hear it

It's the stock fan ? if yes then why the fuck ? that thing is so annoying at 100% like just run it at 50% and put a custom curve in speed fan.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

It's the stock fan ? if yes then why the fuck ? that thing is so annoying at 100% like just run it at 50% and put a custom curve in speed fan.

profile says 212 EVO. Which makes the questionmark even bigger.

profile says 212 EVO. Which makes the questionmark even bigger.

i have a bad motherboard and a high voltage to get my overclock

i have a bad motherboard and a high voltage to get my overclock

You should put a fan over the VRMs and mosfets that would help you, but first if you can see the temps that will help.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I agree with Notional ( kinda ) the Fury X isn't a bad product but it isn't the best and as far as I can see 980Ti is superior and the better product.

The 980ti is 200$ more expensive than the Fury X in Denmark, and the Fury X comes with an AIO included in the price. Vastly superior temps on the GPU.

They are the same price here in Aus.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

they can probably design it into an AIO

EK hasn't tried yet so far.

Don't know if I misunderstood your post, but Corsair H100i GTX (and the other Corsair coolers as well) is an Asetek unit: http://asetek.com/customers/do-it-yourself/corsair/corsair-hydro-series-h100i-gtx.aspx

If you look at the post you quoted you will notice I removed the H100iGTX, but no the rest are all CoolITSystems:

vq0ilk.jpg

http://www.coolitsystems.com/index.php/desktop/desktop-2.html

If Swiftech did something like the H140-X with a GPU waterblock for the reference design that would have been very cool. Imagine a single slot reference flagship card

Alphacool is working on something like that:

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cases_cooling/alphacool_tease_a_gpu_aio_watercooler/1

Fury x not available in UAE at all.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Fury x not available in UAE at all.

There are limited supplies here, however suspect that is because low sales here.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

God this would annoy the piss out of me. Why the hell is it so loud? EVGA hybrid cards are silent.

MainRig- CPU: 4790k, RAM: 32gb 2400mhz, MOBO: Maximus Formula VII, COOLING: Full EK cooling, GPU: Titan X SLI, PSU: 1200w evga , STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 4TB hybrid CASE: 760T, EXTRAS: Sleeved cables

SecondRig- CPU:4690K, RAM: 16gb 1600mhz, MOBO: Maximus Gene VII, COOLING: H105, GPU: 970ftw, PSU: EVG650W,  STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 3TB, CASE: 540air 

Steam: pizzatime6 Plus two other pc rigs and a craptop.

Really? You can get a 980 Ti for 5550 DKK, ~$820 (calm down people, that's including 25% VAT), so where are you finding a Fury X for $620, ~4200 DKK?

my friend has a fury x and its quiet under 20% fan load and it was siting at 16% while playing games 

my friend has a fury x and its quiet under 20% fan load and it was siting at 16% while playing games

Those Typhon ( I think what they are called ) fans are supposed to be legendary.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Fair enough. Though entry to market and supply/demand has a big impact on price too. Just like the 290 series was price gouged, due to the crypto currency frenzy. But again, this is first to market with HBM. That in itself will carry a price premium. Especially when it includes an AIO.

If you look at the post you quoted you will notice I removed the H100iGTX, but no the rest are all CoolITSystems:

Fair enough. Asetek owns the AIO fundamental patents though (pump on block), so I doubt we will see much of this anymore. Why that Swiftech has the pump on the radiator.

Really? You can get a 980 Ti for 5550 DKK, ~$820 (calm down people, that's including 25% VAT), so where are you finding a Fury X for $620, ~4200 DKK?

That is extraordinarily cheap though. You can get a Fury X for 5690 DKK: http://www.proshop.dk/Grafikkort/XFX-Radeon-R9-Fury-X-4GB-HBM-2493936.html Though not in stock.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Fair enough. Though entry to market and supply/demand has a big impact on price too. Just like the 290 series was price gouged, due to the crypto currency frenzy. But again, this is first to market with HBM. That in itself will carry a price premium. Especially when it includes an AIO.

Fair enough. Asetek owns the AIO fundamental patents though (pump on block), so I doubt we will see much of this anymore. Why that Swiftech has the pump on the radiator.

That is extraordinarily cheap though. You can get a Fury X for 5690 DKK: http://www.proshop.dk/Grafikkort/XFX-Radeon-R9-Fury-X-4GB-HBM-2493936.html Though not in stock.

So in Denmark right now Fury x is out of stock and 980Ti is in stock and cheaper by like 100 DKK.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

So in Denmark right now Fury x is out of stock and 980Ti is in stock and cheaper by like 100 DKK.

In that store yes, but you can still get it in stock for more: https://www.komplett.dk/xfx-radeon-r9-fury-x-4gb-hbm/847522 ( 5899 DKK ) The cheapest 980ti (reference) in stock on that site costs 5999 DKK.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

In that store yes, but you can still get it in stock for more: https://www.komplett.dk/xfx-radeon-r9-fury-x-4gb-hbm/847522 ( 5899 DKK ) The cheapest 980ti (reference) in stock on that site costs 5999 DKK.

Is that store like bad or what ? the one with 980Ti cheaper and on your store I have to pay 100DKK for a 980Ti that's seems like a great price then.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Is that store like bad or what ? the one with 980Ti cheaper and on your store I have to pay 100DKK for a 980Ti that's seems like a great price then.

Komplett is one of the biggest e-tailers in Scandinavia, so they are quote good, but they make sure they get paid for it as well. The one with the very cheap 980ti, is one of the discount e-tailers. Very cheap, but probably not very good in the customer department. Not sure though.

But yeah, you can get a 980ti for cheaper, but like I said supply and demand, and entry to market, makes a difference in prices too.

Komplett is one of the biggest e-tailers in Scandinavia, so they are quote good, but they make sure they get paid for it as well. The one with the very cheap 980ti, is one of the discount e-tailers. Very cheap, but probably not very good in the customer department. Not sure though.

But yeah, you can get a 980ti for cheaper, but like I said supply and demand, and entry to market, makes a difference in prices too.

Would you say Komplett customer service is 75% good as Amazon ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Would you say Komplett customer service is 75% good as Amazon ?

Not sure, most stuff I got from Amazon (us) was smashed. From co.uk also smashed. But both are generally good I think. We have very strong consumer protection laws in Scandinavia, so most "service" is mandated by law anyways.

wasnt a big DCU 2 cooler or windforce enough AMD?

None of those are reference coolers. But I'm sure the third parties (dunno about ASUS, terrible on the Hawaii) can easily dissipate 290W. 

wasnt a big DCU 2 cooler or windforce enough AMD?

DCU2 on 290X was terrible and had a high failure rate.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ