Jayz2cents' video on the Fury X

Sauron

Jay does this on air dude. Watch his videos. He always states how the card is cooled and if it modified. It is a LOT of work to hook up a graphics card to a custom loop. Jay couldn't produce as many videos as he does if he did this.

As I said before, I don't believe him. No way he got that far stable on air with just the reference cooler

-------

Current Rig

-------

HardwareCanucks explains it very well in this video. Jay is a great reviewer and I trust him with most things but this card isnt even out yet with no drivers apart from beta drivers.

https://youtu.be/rfCb6oiJ6EI?t=8m4s

"Despite this being a water-cooled card toe we've noticed GPU whine, audible pump noise for the card.  Making this one of the louder GPUs in our stack.  Placing it inside a case doe mutes the whine, but...<insert sad face> here it is.  Take a listen:" 

<insert Jet cabin background noise>  <insert Jet cabin noise background with earplugs>  <reinsert jet cabin background noise, no earplugs>

"Now we've brought this up to AMD and are aware of this issue on the pump, and changes have already been applied to production parts, and we hope to have an even quieter acoustic profile for the consumer versions of Fury X"

Though not entirely clear, it seems like Dmitry is talking about 2 different things because he did say GPU.  Just because AMD is aware, doesn't mean they've recalled or fixed ones that have already been assembled. 

https://youtu.be/iEwLtqbBw90?t=457

Where as in Jay's experience he obtained his sample from retail and both issues persist, where one(Dmitry) would have hoped for it to have been dealt with before hand.  Which means they're out in the wild and regular Joe may have to try and RMA for coil whine (Good luck) and or pump noise.  Also Jay is a bit clearer in that the pump noise will eventually be resolved/disappear from shelves, but the coil whine is likely to remain for others to chance enjoying. 

I find it unlikely that coil whine is coming from the pump, but would like to see more reviewers mention whether they've experienced it with the fury x or not.  Also since the whine appears when Jay is running a bench, it would seem to be clear that it is indeed not the pump causing the whine.  Doesn't mean that all fury x cards will whine, but 2 reviewers hitting it isn't good either.  anyways, we'll see.

additional reference for coil whine awesomeness c/o linus (not about fury x, but relevant for consumers of GPUs)

I thought the video was fine though, albeit it was a little critical on AMD about the sounds and stuff. But I'm giving props to AMD for including a GT fan. We don't see that everyday.

Anyway I thought his response was laughable:   

7EjBceI.jpg

Can't hear the noise? You're fucking deaf!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yea... that sir can't handle criticism well...  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

When you make rather lousy attempts to discredit a person (J2C) who brings results that deliver the same conclusions as most others, then you yourself have questionable credibility.

Let me explain something:

When the VRAMghazi has occurred, just about everybody on AMD's side jumped on NVidia's neck, where everybody else was trying (to no avail) to calm the storm down.

When the Fury X failed to meet it's pre-release hype, did the vice-versa happen? No, everybody was just slightly disappointed.

So to make the claim that "LTT is filled with NVidia fanboys", when if anything it is the other way around, means that you should probably open your eyes a wee bit wider.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

When you make rather lousy attempts to discredit a person (J2C) who brings results that deliver the same conclusions as most others, then you yourself have questionable credibility.

When the VRAMghazi has occurred, just about everybody on AMD's side jumped on NVidia's neck, where everybody else was trying (to no avail) to calm the storm down.

When the Fury X failed to meet it's pre-release hype, did the vice-versa happen? No, everybody was just slightly disappointed.

So to make the claim that "LTT is filled with NVidia fanboys", when if anything it is the other way around, means that you should probably open your eyes a wee bit wider.

This,  The only comments I have read about the FuryX is that people wouldn't buy or that they don't see it being worth it given the performance, features and cost.  Which is a far cry from the nvidia is shit, nvidia is causing all the issues and nvidia needs to die attitude we all so often here from a vocal minority on this site.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Bruh... Open your eyes, the forum is filled with AMD and nvidia fanboys 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

This,  The only comments I have read about the FuryX is that people wouldn't buy or that they don't see it being worth it given the performance, features and cost.  Which is a far cry from the nvidia is shit, nvidia is causing all the issues and nvidia needs to die attitude we all so often here from a vocal minority on this site.

The problem here is that all of the reviews are showing the Fury X has lackluster performance, so as an enthusiast expecting more we have the right to be disappointed by the launch performance. But that's mostly what people say, and you can go to many different tech forums and this is what people generally say. They are disappointed. However the problem here is the AMD defense brigade jumps in and starts making excuses for the lackluster performance. Which is kind of odd, instead of just accepting how things are based on the facts. Instead of them changing their opinions to fit the facts, they are trying to find the facts that suit their opinions.

The funny thing here is, like many including myself, I was waiting for the Fury X before I jumped the gun on the 980 Ti. Now it's here and there is really no reason for me to even think about buying a Fury X, the 980 Ti costs the same and performs better, period, after overclocked it is no contest. It will do me no good for the 1600p monitor I plan to buy (no DVI?!).

Then what bothers me is people start conjuring up new theories; "Well if you wait a couple of months from now, the drivers will be better and we will get better performance, or if you wait until DX12 the performance will be better or when they unlock the voltage it will overclock better or, or, or, or..." Look when I go out to eat at a restaurant and I pay $50 a head for my meal, I don't want a good meal two months from now three months from now. I want my good meal right there when I pay for it. This logic should apply to purchasing any component for your computer. You shouldn't spend money on something only for it to deliver months later, when is that ever how people purchase products?

I think HardOCP sums up my feelings on the Fury X the best:

In terms of performance there wasn't any game where the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X was faster than the GeForce GTX 980 Ti. In some games, it did match the same gameplay experience, which was a major upgrade from the AMD Radeon R9 290X. However, in every game the GTX 980 Ti always had the framerate advantage, especially when it came to minimum framerate which is important.

At 4K, where the AMD Radeon Fury X is supposed to shine, it was still mostly beat by the GeForce GTX 980 Ti in performance. Only one game in our lineup was a bit faster, and by "a bit" we mean 2.4 FPS average than the GTX 980 Ti.

The new AMD Fiji GPU and Fury X video card looks awesome on paper, but has underwhelmed and disappointed us when it comes to real world gameplay. The AMD Radeon R9 Fury X feels like a proof of concept for HBM technology.

In terms of gaming performance, the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X seems like better competition for the GeForce GTX 980 4GB video card, rather than the GeForce GTX 980 Ti. GTX 980 cards are selling for as low at $490 today. This is not a good thing since the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X is priced at $649, the same price as the GeForce GTX 980 Ti.

Usually trying to decide between two video cards at the same price point is a wash, with very even and split performance. However, this is not the case this time with the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X and GeForce GTX 980 Ti. There is a definite pattern that leads to one video card being the best value for the money, and it is GeForce GTX 980 Ti, not the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X.

Limited VRAM for a flagship $649 video card, sub-par gaming performance for the price, and limited display support options with no HDMI 2.0 and no DVI port. To be honest, we aren't entirely sure who the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X is really built for? The AMD Radeon Fury X is a confusing product, like a technology demo not fully realized, a showcase for HBM only but with no real substance. The AMD Radeon Fury X looks to be a great marketing showcase, but its prowess starts waning when you consider its value to gamers and hardware enthusiasts.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/06/24/amd_radeon_r9_fury_x_video_card_review/11

As I said before, I don't believe him. No way he got that far stable on air with just the reference cooler

My Titan X reaches 1482.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

My Titan X reaches 1482.

Don't believe you either.

Listen is nothing personal I just don't trust those kind of numbers I know something is going on.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Listen is nothing personal I just don't trust those kind of numbers I know something is going on.

Nvidia more or less guaranteed AT LEAST 1400. My card boosts to 1202 on its own and with a +230Mhz offset reaches 1482. Oh yes, and a max temperature of 71 with a custom fan curve.

It is your own insecurities that are distorting reality. Ask any Titan X owner or hell, check the Firestrike thread.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Bruh... Open your eyes, the forum is filled with AMD and nvidia fanboys 

True, I never disagreed with that. I was only trying to explain just how false and broken that perception was. With that being said, my point actually stands true (with emphasis on "if anything") when you look at the comparative method of expression; specifically who has a more passive-aggressive stance overall.

I think HardOCP sums up my feelings on the Fury X the best:

It is interesting that this is spoken from a review site that is generally regarded as being heavily AMD sided... go figure!

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Go look at the Unigine valley thread, people are hitting 1500 on 980 Ti's lol.  My friend Swindless has a reference gigabyte 980 ti that does 1503 with a modded BIOS.

See for yourself: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1knE1MXUbQ3tyR48CuD_6K_EfCF3cHHqL9ra5NPt6o8U/edit#gid=1

Nvidia even said when Titan X was launch to expect around 1400 mhz give or take.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I thought the video was fine though, albeit it was a little critical on AMD about the sounds and stuff. But I'm giving props to AMD for including a GT fan. We don't see that everyday.

Anyway I thought his response was laughable:   

7EjBceI.jpg

Can't hear the noise? You're fucking deaf!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yea... that sir can't handle criticism well...  

I cant hear it in his video, I can in others, but you cant hear it when the case is closed.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

True, I never disagreed with that. I was only trying to explain just how false and broken that perception was. With that being said, my point actually stands true (with emphasis on "if anything") when you look at the comparative method of expression; specifically who has a more passive-aggressive stance overall.

Both sides will say the same... It has been proven overtime, 970 3.5, r9 300 Rebrands, AMD market share, Gameworks. 

Anytime one side has bad news, the other side will attack... Then you'll see the defenders of each side working at full throttle. 

It is interesting that this is spoken from a review site that is generally regarded as being heavily AMD sided... go figure!

AMD fans have even more of a reason to be dissatisfied with it, they were all banking on this card to finally be the answer, which would usher in another age of top tier competition again. Even if they are normally considered pro AMD opinionated, at this point they have no choice other than speak the truth of the situation. I think their conclusion is a perfect summary of what has unfolded since the cards have finally been reviewed. I think more websites would speak in the same manner, if it were not for fear that they might not get a review sample again in the future. 

lol the denial is strong.

Just about EVERY GM204 and GM200 chip can hit 1400. Like I've never seen 1 GPU that can't hit that so ya.

And a lot of GM204s can hit 1500 Mhz, GM200s seem to have more difficultly tho but maybe it's cuz more are reference? 

Bruh... Open your eyes, the forum is filled with AMD and nvidia fanboys 

Says the guy with an AMD gpu.

This forum is filled with two types of people. AMD fanboys and those that like performance. 

It won't be long before someone modifies the BIOS on one off these and unlocks the voltage so we can see just how high it will OC. 

Also, I found Jay's video to be one of the most objective and unbiased reviews of the Fury X I've seen yet. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I can't seem to hear the pump at 100%, but the coil whine yes.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

In techtalk he said he was using different drivers not the current fury ones.

In techtalk he said he was using different drivers not the current fury ones.

No he said he may be using different ones. There is a difference. He said his version came out on the 22nd which is after most reviewers already did there stuff and was in the process of cutting videos. He said there may be an even newer driver.

Says the guy with an AMD gpu.

This forum is filled with two types of people. AMD fanboys and those that like performance. 

Urgh... I'm tired... Might as well call me an intel fanboy now. 

Oh and call me a Nvidia fanboy too, I have a GT435m on display because I think its special 

that makes u smart, not a fanboi

Oh and call me a Nvidia fanboy too, I have a GT435m on display because I think its special 

Don't try to BS me!  You're a Matrox fanboi because I say you're!

mai-otome_red_eye.jpg

that makes u smart, not a fanboi

sU1OFODm.jpg

0244ee12_larry-david-faint1qqx.gif