Jayz2cents' video on the Fury X

Sauron

It still gives Nvidia egg on their face if you ask me: They talk about how gameworks is supposed to be not only the effects but the experience and help from Nvidia. Now that means that

1) That's just bullshit

2) Someone from Nvidia actually took a look at that stupid Batman game and said "Yep, this is the game we wanna push Gameworks and new GPU bonus games with" and was totally ok with.

I'm sure in the hands of competent developers, Gameworks is actually either a great tool or a minor thing (i.e. The Witcher 3 actually runs fantastically without it) or all the talk about being much easier and nicer for developers is actually bullshit and the only help Nvidia is giving is money. Because really I don't think they wanna come out and say "Yes is unfortunate WB recalled the game but we really think Gameworks helped them!"

With batman that proofs that Nvidia doesn't have much control over the game and the claims saying they're crippling the performance is just bullshit, also Nvidia would be mad after them bundling the game with there GPUs for a while now.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

It still gives Nvidia egg on their face if you ask me: They talk about how gameworks is supposed to be not only the effects but the experience and help from Nvidia. Now that means that

1) That's just bullshit

2) Someone from Nvidia actually took a look at that stupid Batman game and said "Yep, this is the game we wanna push Gameworks and new GPU bonus games with" and was totally ok with the state it was released in.

I'm sure in the hands of competent developers, Gameworks is actually either a great tool or a minor thing (i.e. The Witcher 3 actually runs fantastically without it) or all the talk about being much easier and nicer for developers is actually bullshit and the only help Nvidia is giving is money. Because really I don't think they wanna come out and say "Yes is unfortunate WB recalled the game but we really think Gameworks helped them!"

Gameworks does include help from Nvidia... for the gameworks effects. They don't touch the rest of the game and poor performance is STILL 100% the dev's fault.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

With batman that proofs that Nvidia doesn't have much control over the game and the claims saying they're crippling the performance is just bullshit, also Nvidia would be mad after them bundling the game with there GPUs for a while now.

Gameworks does include help from Nvidia... for the gameworks effects. They don't touch the rest of the game and poor performance is STILL 100% the dev's fault.

Yep, so either they couldn't help much on that one, making the claims they "help" devs meaningless or they actually didn't/couldn't help and Warner Bros. just pocketed in the Gameworks cash and ordered the port devs to put it in their already crumbling house of cards they called a game.

So if Gameworks still requires competent developers, then I don't see the point of it since competent developers can create good looking, good performing games without it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yep, so either they couldn't help much on that one, making the claims they "help" devs meaningless or they actually didn't/couldn't help and Warner Bros. just pocketed in the Gameworks cash and ordered the port devs to put it in their already crumbling house of cards they called a game.

So if Gameworks still requires competent developers, then I don't see the point of it since competent developers can create good looking, good performing games without it.

nvidia did help the developers in building the game... porting the game is an entirely different matter

Wow, this thread is still going... lol

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

^^^ yea thats the thing... I mean couple months ago when people were debating shit about Pcars performance. There was a statement by someone from the studio

that Nvidia helped to optimize the game for PC where as AMD refused and gave that as a reasoning for poor performance on AMD cards... 

But this recent Batman title seems to have contradict that statement. I thought that it would atleast still perform "Okay" on Maxwell cards... But this just performed like shit

on everything. The physX implemented in this game is the best I've seen yet (dat smoke effect  :D) but didn't Nvidia help implement PhysX features on the PC port? They

wouldn't possibly touch the console versions as they don't have those effects. Why didn't the programmers from Nvidia bring this up to Nvidia? The shit that is going on in WB

is very sketchy.

Off topic, I know, sorry. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case