Jayz2cents' video on the Fury X

Sauron

It won't be long before someone modifies the BIOS on one off these and unlocks the voltage so we can see just how high it will OC. 

Also, I found Jay's video to be one of the most objective and unbiased reviews of the Fury X I've seen yet. 

Knowing how it's an AMD card, it probably won't clock much farther past 1200.

Somebody doesn't believe in a custom fan profile.

Who wants to listen to 100% fan all the time?

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Don't try to BS me!  You're a Matrox fanboi because I say you're!

Sry, I'm a fanboi scum now, I can't be saved 

:lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Who wants to listen to 100% fan all the time?

85% keeps my card at 70 while overclocked. :P

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Think of this card as a trial run or beta test of their new HBM cards. Soon AMD is going to release new drivers for it, and you know what happens when AMD releases new drivers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, for whoever mentioned coil whine, there's also this thing called "White Noise" In some games. (I am talking to you beta minecraft) where it will make that whining sound except out of your speakers.

85% keeps my card at 70 while overclocked. :P

reference or aftermarket?

reference or aftermarket?

Titan X is only reference.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I hear the whine inside my bitfenix case. It's not actually high decibel noise, just high pitched making it noticeable. It's about as loud as my corsair h100i gtx pump. When I'm playing I wear headphones and when I don't, I have to listen for it.

Titan X is only reference.

hmm, weird.

My OC'd 980 hits 84C avg with the reference cooler and 100% fan in demanding games like witcher 3. I've even seen it spike to like 87C.

My friends OC"d 980 with an ACX 2.0 hits about 72C.  

I cant hear it in his video, I can in others, but you cant hear it when the case is closed.

So I wasn't the only one having issues hearing anything? I tried listening a few times on my pc rig with asus z97 hero vii onboard audio and sennheiser PC360 headset. I figured all my time around computer servers and the flight line was finally telling. I heard the noise the fury makes in the hardware canuck video though. I pass my annual hearing test however I now feel a little paranoid. :wacko:  I enjoy watching jayztwocents channel.

I'm more curious about waste heat on the 980 ti vs Fury. Playing the witcher 3 my 780 ti classy is pegging in the 80c and making my upstairs study a leeeetle toasty.  :D

hmm, weird.

My OC'd 980 hits 84C avg with the reference cooler and 100% fan in demanding games like witcher 3. I've even seen it spike to like 87C.

My friends OC"d 980 with an ACX 2.0 hits about 72C.  

Is your card starved for air? 84 degrees is abnormally hot, especially with 100% fan speed.

Is your card starved for air? 84 degrees is abnormally hot, especially with 100% fan speed.

nah i've got a hacked bios so the target temp is raised from 80 to 84C. All the stock cards I've seen run at 80C too. 

67757.png

nah i've got a hacked bios so the target temp is raised from 80 to 84C. All the stock cards I've seen run at 80C too. 

Yes, with the stock fan profile.

Yes, with the stock fan profile.

With the stock fan profile I was getting throttling from 1532 to like 1350, by setting it to 100% I was able to get a stable 1532 OC. 

Your mid 70C OC'd temps on reference are the abnormality. 

Your mid 70C OC'd temps on reference are the abnormality. 

Not abnormal. My ambient temperature on average is low 20s, too.

I just don't understand AMD saying it's an overclockers dream when you can hardly overclock the damn thing. Even if they managed more down the road it makes no sense to brand it that way when you can't do it on day one.

It is indeed a dream, and not a reality :P

When you make rather lousy attempts to discredit a person (J2C) who brings results that deliver the same conclusions as most others, then you yourself have questionable credibility.

Let me explain something:

When the VRAMghazi has occurred, just about everybody on AMD's side jumped on NVidia's neck, where everybody else was trying (to no avail) to calm the storm down.

When the Fury X failed to meet it's pre-release hype, did the vice-versa happen? No, everybody was just slightly disappointed.

So to make the claim that "LTT is filled with NVidia fanboys", when if anything it is the other way around, means that you should probably open your eyes a wee bit wider.

Two different situations . Fury's hype was mostly created by us , not AMD. I don't think anyone believed AMD's benchmarks . Why would anyone jump onto them for this?

I hope that AMD pull off another miracle driver like they did in the catalyst 12.x days... GCN 1.0 7xxx cards at the time saw a massive boost that put them ahead of nvidia that generation (although I always found 680 quite disappointing).

HARDOCP hits the nail on the head.  It's pretty much exactly what I didn't want to happen but though WOULD happen. I claimed that it won't beat the Ti in real world tests in 1080p which is what matters most in my opinion simply based on the cost of the card.

This is the almighty AMD flagship, there is none higher at the moment and you can't being out the Fury X2 because as of right now....it's not here. Plus... there is no Titan X2 to compare it to. The only thing you could compare it to is SLI 980 Ti.

I really thought it would blow away the 980 model but seeing it come so close to it is frankly sad indeed.

I'm starting to believe that it's basically a Hawaii with HMB ram. It doesn't perform like a completely different chip with new ram. It behaves more like a super Hawaii.

The 970 or 980 doesn't perform anywhere near the Titan or 980 Ti but the 390X is fairly close to the Fury.

It's not the LEAP I was hoping for. I wanted AMD to be competitive because I know when Pascal comes out things are going to change and if AMD is still riding the Fiji chip, which we know they will be....how badly are they going to get beaten? This isn't even Nvidia's HMB2 tech and the Fury is losing.  Scary to think.

It is like Nvidia knows things. Let's not buy into HMB1 it's not worth it... check.  Round 1 Nvidia.

Don't worry the Fury X isn't going to beat out top cards. Round 2 Nvidia.

Pascal will blow people's socks off. 4x the Titan X performance.  We will have to wait and see about that. AMD what's your next card going to be?

Pascal will blow people's socks off. 4x the Titan X performance. 

Where did You get that? 

AMD needs to adjust their prices , NV kicked them right into balls with 980ti . But would it be enough? 

People start to get tired of gameworks titles. 

HARDOCP hits the nail on the head.  It's pretty much exactly what I didn't want to happen but though WOULD happen. I claimed that it won't beat the Ti in real world tests in 1080p which is what matters most in my opinion simply based on the cost of the card.

This is the almighty AMD flagship, there is none higher at the moment and you can't being out the Fury X2 because as of right now....it's not here. Plus... there is no Titan X2 to compare it to. The only thing you could compare it to is SLI 980 Ti.

I really thought it would blow away the 980 model but seeing it come so close to it is frankly sad indeed.

I'm starting to believe that it's basically a Hawaii with HMB ram. It doesn't perform like a completely different chip with new ram. It behaves more like a super Hawaii.

The 970 or 980 doesn't perform anywhere near the Titan or 980 Ti but the 390X is fairly close to the Fury.

It's not the LEAP I was hoping for. I wanted AMD to be competitive because I know when Pascal comes out things are going to change and if AMD is still riding the Fiji chip, which we know they will be....how badly are they going to get beaten? This isn't even Nvidia's HMB2 tech and the Fury is losing.  Scary to think.

It is like Nvidia knows things. Let's not buy into HMB1 it's not worth it... check.  Round 1 Nvidia.

Don't worry the Fury X isn't going to beat out top cards. Round 2 Nvidia.

Pascal will blow people's socks off. 4x the Titan X performance.  We will have to wait and see about that. AMD what's your next card going to be?

A. Anyone who can afford a 600 dollar + card would be a fool to play in 1080p. 1440p & 4k are the benchmarks that matter. With that said typically the scaling between 1080->1440p->4k is the same between in cards. In other words you don't see a card going amazing well in 4k if it's doing mediocre in 1080p.

B. An overclocked 980 performs as well as a stock 980 Ti. 

C. Pascal will most likely be 50% performance increase. In other words a 1080 Ti will perform as well as 2 980 Tis in SLI today (cuz of SLI scaling). That'll still murder AMD tho. 

just because i know jay is an obvious fanboy of nvidia this review doesnt surprise me at all.... comparing a reference model vs aftermarket ones......lol... ofc the aftermarket models will  pull ahead.... try to compare reference vs reference and the diference would be smaller by a lot i think...

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan

"subpar gaming performance"

at what framerates do you guys play your games? with what monitors?

I'm loving 1440p@60fps on AAA (when they don't lock it) and 1440p@120fps on Valve Games (CSGO mostly)

what are you guys powering!?

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"