[Rumour] NVIDIA is considering cutting the prices of high-end graphics cards

Bouzoo

Before we start, this:

KitGuru Says: At present the information about potential price-cuts from Nvidia should be considered as a channel market rumour. Recommended prices of Nvidia graphics cards seem to be too high in Europe, hence, it is logical for the company to reconsider its MSRPs.

Also consider that the timing of this is just after the Fury X launch, so this being a rumour is more than high likely.

Now why would this happen? Apparently so they can strengthen their position as dGPU market leaders, which I find no reason why this is needed since they are apparently outselling AMD 3 to 1. Either way, let this happen Nvidia, cards prices in Europe suck.

bNqJYgA.png

Even though Nvidia has a substantial competitive advantage over its rival even after the latter introduced its new products, the company is considering ways how to improve sales its high-end graphics cards.

One of the ways to boost sales of GeForce products is to reconsider pricing of GeForce GTX 980 Ti and possibly GeForce GTX 970/980. Prices of GeForce GTX 980 Ti and GeForce GTX 980 are very competitive in the U.S., but in Europe and the U.K. they are pretty high. In a bid to make its GeForce GTX 980 Ti more popular, Nvidia may decrease its prices, at least in some countries, according to a market rumour.

What do you think, possible scenario or no way? The article does not mention exactly where this could happen, but it continuously says Europe, so one can hope right?

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

There's no reason for them to cut their prices here other than to force AMD's hand in lowering theirs so they get even less money, in Europe however they are too expensive probably because of taxes/shipping things like that.

well that would be.. Interesting at least.

to be honest, that could make it 5 to 1 or so with Nvidia vs. AMD.

the prices of AMD are not that amazing where I live, so that  could push people towards Nvidia even more..

(But of course it's all rumors)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If its just Europe I suppose that makes sense (I hear things are pricy there) but I doubt this will extend to other areas, not after the Furys latest showing.

Price drop for only 980? Or 980Ti as well? The 980 has become €5XX rather than €6XX already here in Europe. I'd rather see a price drop of 980Ti. Which costs north of €800. 

Hell if I can get a 980 for the same price (or even less) than the 390X then Nvidia rock on. But as it stands until when I'll probably be in the market of buying a dGPU AMD so far sounds like it will be the better deal even if both companies will have launched or will be soon to launch new architectures (Mid 2016). Though if it's just Europe [which would make some sense] donc puis-je venir [ France ou Belique ]?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

well that would be.. Interesting at least.

to be honest, that could make it 5 to 1 or so with Nvidia vs. AMD.

the prices of AMD are not that amazing where I live, so that  could push people towards Nvidia even more..

(But of course it's all rumors)

Welp, Nvidia's aren't either in Benelux (400€ for a 970?)

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

If its just Europe I suppose that makes sense (I hear things are pricy there) but I doubt this will extend to other areas, not after the Furys latest showing.

The prices are pretty terrible here, but I think Aus. is even worse

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Welp, Nvidia's aren't either in Benelux (400€ for a 970?)

Well Nvidia is not baaad... But not amazing. 

But I was mostly commenting about the AMD prices in the Benelux. People in the states always say how AMD is always so cheap.. But that is not always the case here. (only some aftermarket cards are a little cheaper than others)

Nvidia needs to consider Australia before I give 2 shits. GTX 970 are still over $500 AUD.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Amd lost already why would nvidia drop there prices. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Their prices, even though they sucked here, are now competitive with AMD who f*cking raised the prices on the R9 3xx series.

What the heck AMD!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I have yet to hear of a company look at it's sales or market share and say "well, aren't we doing well, let's rest on our laurels and see if it holds."

All companies will push for better sales even if they are at the top, because the company that doesn't soon ends up at the bottom.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

They did cut prices, the reference cards dropped by £50 when the Fury X NDA was up.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?catid=1914&groupid=701&sortby=priceAsc&subid=1402

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

The prices are pretty terrible here, but I think Aus. is even worse

The only 980Ti you can get here is a reference from PNY (what?) and it costs $1000. Titan X is $1300.

the gun is aimed square at AMDs face

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The only 980Ti you can get here is a reference from PNY (what?) and it costs $1000. Titan X is $1300.

Yep, 980 Ti is 750 euros+ (and upwards to 850 euros) while the Titan X is 1130+ euros (and EVGA's watercooled one is 1380 euros)

The cheapest 980 Ti is still ~850 USD around here. Price drops trickle very slowly around here.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Yep, 980 Ti is 750 euros+ (and upwards to 850 euros) while the Titan X is 1130+ euros (and EVGA's watercooled one is 1380 euros)

That's 910 euros. This sucks  :(

Not just aimed, it's already off the safe mode and ready to shoot.

Yeah pretty much!!

They are like "we have better performance, just not value... I know lets just make them cheaper and we can actually blow AMDs head clean off"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

dang, that sounds like they wanna kill amd. a 980 ti by msi or asus is about 750-760 here and id gladly jump onboard if they were to drop prices but a good 100 bucks

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

If this happens mad is kinda fucked.

I mean i can see it for the 980 and 970, a $25-$50 cut on these cards would make sense in about 2 months since they are starting to get a little bit old, i mean they are already 8 months old so they are nearing half way of their product cycle and the 980 is a pointless card atm.

However a 980ti cut would force the amd fury cards to start at $600 or lower and the 300 series would be fucked

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/