Project Cars 2 crowdfunding is already happening

Bouzoo

ProjectCARS2-Teaser-Banner.jpg

This was fast. Like really fast. They just optimized the first game and the 2nd installment is already happening. It is not unexpected, but the crowdfunding part is. This is just the announcement of crowdfunding, they aren't developing the game yet, so you can bet it won't be out in the next 1-2 years. You can check more details on official crowdfunding page.

This is a post by Ian Bell, head of Slightly Mad Studios:

A very short update for now as I’m jet-lagged to hell and back but the good news is that we will be continuing the WMD setup for pCARS2.

We will open new forum sections when the game (pCARS1) ships to support the new users and you WMD experts will all have access and we’d greatly appreciate your assistance advising new users.

I’ll be implementing a new non-profit return form of WMD for pCARS2 (to avoid the FSA hassle) and will set a purchase time limit of 2-3 months for those who want to take part. Following this, involvement will be closed. The tiers won’t have the higher cost options that we currently have (probably capped at 100 pounds with excellent benefits) and those who want to approach me personally to invest in the new game can do so providing it’s at or above 50k.

I planned to release the above information with a new web page explaining the details of each purchase tier but we’re insanely busy and haven’t found the time. I’m aware though that I promised an update so here it is.

In short, we want to continue and extend the community involvement in the pCARS brand which has proven to be so very effective and we want to ensure this great community lives on and thrives into the future.

Of course, many people think this is too soon.

1308647581409938466.png

But obviously, they said they won't stop working on Project Cars.

And the game already has minimum system requirements:

• CPU – 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
  • GRAPHICS – DirectX 11 graphics card such as nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
  • MEMORY – 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM
  • OS - 64-bit Windows Operating System
  • NETWORK - Continuous internet connection
  • SOFTWARE - Steam

Except 4GB RAM, these are the same as for the first game, which I find interesting.

What do you think? Should they be focusing more on the first game after all fiasco it went through, or is this fine? 

Sources: 1, 2

World of Mass Development

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Crowdfunding is a joke for a second game. I can see how it may be okay for a first product, but even then its kinda cheaty way to get money. but for a second game? hell no, get real investors, or use the money you made already. 

Kind of pissed by the fact. I bought PC during the Steam sale, haven't even finished downloading it, and the second is announced?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Well to be honest, many devs are already busy making the next game when the first one has come out

but the crowd funding.. Not necessary 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Kind of pissed by the fact. I bought PC during the Steam sale, haven't even finished downloading it, and the second is announced?

It is still gonna be MONTHS away

The first one is barely finished. They need to go back and polish it, not getting money for the next one. You won't need crowdfunding if people bought your first one. They didn't buy it because you didn't finish the game.

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

Crowdfunding is a joke for a second game. I can see how it may be okay for a first product, but even then its kinda cheaty way to get money. but for a second game? hell no, get real investors, or use the money you made already. 

games development cost a lot of money and I funded Project cars like 3 to 4 years ago. The crowd funding is not just for average joes like me and you it is also for investors. and the game will be in development for more then 3 years, so whats the issue

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

this is as common as releasing the game, you cannot have 90 people sitting there working on a pretty much complete project, that's not how post release support works is just a skeleton crew of coders that may ask a designer help once in a while, though it is pretty soon to reveal the crowfunding they should have waited to at least have a base on what are they going to do for the next game first

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

so what...? It's a car game, you don't need to remake the engine. Just update the current one.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

if its anything like when they first project cars announcement, it is going to be allot more than just months away haha.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

This is so stupid. They're basically pulling a Ubisoft by trying to milk a franchise before optimising games.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

games development cost a lot of money and I funded Project cars like 3 to 4 years ago. The crowd funding is not just for average joes like me and you it is also for investors. and the game will be in development for more then 3 years, so whats the issue

I feel its a wrong way to do business IMO. but that's just a personal opinion, and if people get away with doing it so be it. just giving strangers 100s of thousands on solely a promise with zero liability. 

This is so stupid. They're basically pulling a Ubisoft by trying to milk a franchise before optimising games.

Based on how long Project Cars was in development, 3-4 new AC's may be released before we see PC2.

How DARE a company raise money for projects.  HOW DARE THEY.

-- uniformed Internet users, 2015

by June 5th, Project cars had sold 1 million copies according to a quick google search. It was being sold through steam for £40? The dlc pack was £3 to begin with and I would say that maybe 50% bought the dlc? 

By those maths, they should have enough money to create the next game without crowd funding. 

How DARE a company raise money for projects.  HOW DARE THEY.

-- uniformed Internet users, 2015

My mistake.  I was being incredibly redundant.

I meant to write:

-- Internet users, 2015 (fixed)

so what...? It's a car game, you don't need to remake the engine. Just update the current one.

True but it still is work

if its anything like when they first project cars announcement, it is going to be allot more than just months away haha.

;)

Ugh, I can already see this becoming a crowdfunding flame war.

True but it still is work

So use the money you made from the first game? Most companies start with one game.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I feel its a wrong way to do business IMO. but that's just a personal opinion, and if people get away with doing it so be it. just giving strangers 100s of thousands on solely a promise with zero liability. 

thats what a investment is. people have been doing this for 100's of years. why is it so bad now?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I fail to see whats wrong with this. Do you think company's that push out yearly release dates don't work on the new game while still working on the latest one?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Probably why Street Legal Racing: Evolution will never be released any time soon.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

People seriously don't think game devs are working on the second game once the first one has launched? lol They basically had no choice to announce so soon as they need the crowd funding asap.

Didnt they just sell out to NVIDIA? They need crowdfunding?

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...