Project Cars 2 crowdfunding is already happening

Bouzoo

Why no use the money you made from the first game? You wasted on supercars and champagne didn't you?

just shows up how great the first one was

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

I fail to see whats wrong with this. Do you think company's that push out yearly release dates don't work on the new game while still working on the latest one?

But why does this game need a yearly release?

Project Cars is by all accounts a very, very good looking and demanding game already. DLC can give cars for years, along with new tracks and everything else. Are they going to rewrite the physics engine in a year to make it better? 

Even Forza sticks to its extended development times for engine upgrades and additional laser scans, 2-3 years seems reasonable. Gran Tourismo will let you see your kids grow old before the next one releases. Why does PC need a new game already? 

If people are willing to crowdfund that.. it is their thing.

Personaly I dont approve.

Crowdfunding for me means to help company build it self and their first game. Then they should go on their own as they had a lot of time to gather a lot of exepriences. Not to suck at other people wallets.

Project Cars is by all accounts a very, very good looking and demanding game already. DLC can give cars for years, along with new tracks and everything else. Are they going to rewrite the physics engine in a year to make it better? 

Even Forza sticks to its extended development times for engine upgrades and additional laser scans, 2-3 years seems reasonable. Gran Tourismo will let you see your kids grow old before the next one releases. Why does PC need a new game already? 

what he is saying is development starts REALLY early. Project cars 2 is 3-4 years away, assuming they have the same dev time. I backed Project cars more then 3 years ago.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

They just announced the crowdfunding, they aren't developing the game yet. Project Cars was announced in 2009, so you can bet this won't be released in the next year, or even maybe 3 for that matter.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

what he is saying is development starts REALLY early. Project cars 2 is 3-4 years away, assuming they have the same dev time. I backed Project cars more then 3 years ago.

Fair enough, I just guess I have trouble with the idea that a game that had a successful launch and has existing money needs to go back to crowdfunding for the 2nd round. Didn't like it when Pebble did it for the Time either. Kickstarter and co. should be a "starting things off" pool, not the pool you keep going back to for more money because its less risky than having to take on VC or loans, both of which would require actual performance standards and targets to maintain to keep receiving money. 

we need to be able to modify the cars as that is the main reason i haven't bought this one. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

i believe project cars 2 will be much more offroad oriented, and Thus not necessarily a competitor to the current project cars.

either way, calm Down. How about supporting the evolvement of pc gaming instead of bashing the few Companies that actually Work hard at getting stuff out to the end user......

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/announcing-project-cars-2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SteamOS/Linux version of pCARS 1 isn't even out yet and they already announced pCARS 2.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Project Cars the guys that stole my money on crappy game that doesnt work with keyboard or gamepad.GG WP.

Now they are doing it again.At least they should use a big Warning message > This game works only with a dedicated steering wheel.(a good one if you can).

Beware whoever is not aware of that.

Project Cars the guys that stole my money on crappy game that doesnt work with keyboard or gamepad.GG WP.

Racing game + keyboard....

post-19843-0-19834700-1435002724.png

Well the moment you donate, you are taking on every possible risk that may occur. It's the bad thing about crowdfunding.

Now they are doing it again.At least they should use a big Warning message > This game works only with a dedicated steering wheel.(a good one if you can).

Beware whoever is not aware of that.

it works with keyboard, controller, and wheels for over 2 years.

They want

$11 MILLION!

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

They want

$11 MILLION!

if you pay 50 people $40,000 a year for 4 years, that is $8 Million. $11 million is nothing compared to some of the AAA games spend.

They want

$11 MILLION!

That is not that much when compared to other games, but seeing how the first one got $3.1M, It's gonna be hard. Really really hard.

But seriously, the first game sold a million copies, where did all that money go?

if you pay 50 people $40,000 a year for 4 years, that is $8 Million. $11 million is nothing compared to some of the AAA games spend.

There is so much to say I just cant be arsed.

Here is some from a different site:

Its funny they need crowd funding... It seems like they dont want to spend their own money.

• Didnt they just release Project cars
  • They have not even finished making the DLC
  • If this was EA or Ubisoft everyone will have gone crazy
  • didnt they sell out?
  • Isnt the first one still having issues lol

Yes, 6 weeks, many call it soft release due to having so many bugs.

Not finishing and still unreleased = different things.

Everyone is going crazy, look at the forums and post.

Yes they did sell over mil.

Yes, a lot.

Also, they are charging minimum of $80 and you get only PC version for testing their product.

P.S. You get banned if you criticize this announcement or pcars1 on their forum.

Why not use their own money? They did make money on Project Cars... Does this justify the $11 million that they are asking for? Project car fans boy need to wake up.

Its not like they are starting the engine from scratch. Its not like their not going to move assets over. Project cars 2 would be a "tweaked" version of project cars.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

The first one sold enough that they shouldn't need money from crowdfunding.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

wtf it just came out is this going to become like COD i mean how new can they make it when its back to back

I guess it's time for me to try Steam refund policy.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |