Taylor Swift calls Apple Music free trial 'shocking, disappointing' in open letter

Taylor Swift has just posted an open letter to Apple entitled "To Apple, Love Taylor" explaining why she's holding back her latest album, 1989, from the new Apple Music streaming service.

"We don't ask you for free iPhones. Please don't ask us to provide you with our music for no compensation."

Apple Music launches in just 9 days’ time on June 30th with iOS 8.4. Users will be granted a 3 month free trial to the service. After that time, it will cost $9.99 for an Individual account or $14.99 for a Family account for up to 6 users.

Me personally I don't really stream songs often as I'm one of the few people on earth who still prefers physical discs and sometimes buys songs on iTunes as we don't have Google Play music here in Malaysia. 

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/21/8820035/taylor-swift-apple-music-free-trial-shocking-disappointing

Letter: http://taylorswift.tumblr.com/post/122071902085/to-apple-love-taylor

UPDATE: Apple now says it WILL pay artists during Apple Music free trial.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/21/8822369/apple-will-pay-artists-during-apple-music-trial 

Discussion thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/391371-apple-now-says-it-will-pay-artists-during-apple-music-free-trial/

Off topic?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

TL:DR: petulant artist doesn't like free promotion despite having millions of dollars at a hands reach

also comparing free iphones to a trial period is as absurb as comparing a 1k PC to a console

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

that bitch also complained about spotify offering "free" music, artists should get their heads out of their ass and start making good music instead of wondering about money since she is very likely to have tens of millions already.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Spotify is love. Spotify is life.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

snip

nailed it perfectly 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

exept for the extream memory leaking

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Spotify ftw.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

If Apple wants to lure customers to a paid Apple service with a free trial, it really ought to be Apple taking that loss. I don't think Taylor Swift would really starve without this money, but she's basically right to reject Apple's shenanigans. Ultimately, she has every right to choose who she wants to sell her product to.

Of course, if she gets too greedy, people may just pirate all her music.

Spotify ftw.

FdABUfq.png

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

FdABUfq.png

Nothing a torrent can't solve.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

i must be an old fashioned old fart , i hear a song i like on the radio and if i like it enough i go and buy the cd it came off and if i get into the band i might grab all their cd library ,

She still has a point. Doubt apple will give you a 3 month no pay period on any of their products. She's there to make money.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

rekt

not like soundcloud is any better.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

at leaste we have 1 song from the album https://soundcloud.com/search?q=taylor%20swift%201989

did you even click on those?

Spoiler

ya know what i dont give a fk about pop music so... ya.............

you think spotify is about pop music? lol.

Spoiler