Stories with people who claim they know everything about PC's?

Textosterone

I was at lunch today in school and i was overhearing some kid (15 years old) talking about how he got a coding job at Microsoft and how they gave him confidential information about new operating systems and all that. I would like to hear your stories about people like this..

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I was at lunch today in school and i was overhearing some kid (15 years old) talking about how he got a coding job at Microsoft and how they gave him confidential information about new operating systems and all that. I would like to hear your stories about people like this..

One of my friend's friends said that his computer had an i9 and DDR4 (back in 2011). He was being 100% serious, too. 

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

You always have that one friend that makes up BS. I can think of any examples of the top of my head relating to tech.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I know few people that take interest in PCs in my friend base that atleast know a little about the hardware, but one of my friends thought it was smart to get the FX8320 with 2 280x. And then another friend said he should have gotten a better CPU (he has a 280x with it I believe) when he has an i5 4460.

But recently on the forums some guy saying that the R9 series is only good for budget/first timers.

Hooo boy. Can o' worms.

Had a friend (I guess) back in high school. This guy would show up to LAN parties with his rig, and make wonderfully outlandish claims. Keep in mind this is the Athlon XP days.

Things he has said over the years:

1. "My pc has two AGP slots so I can run two cards." Not even possible.

2. "I use RAM spreaders so I can double my RAM in each slot." This one made us lawl.

3. "My GeForce 4 MX440 is so awesome. Look at these frames. It's faster than an X850 XT." He says. Playing Doom 3 on ultra low with no shading.

This guy was a fountain of entertainment.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

You always have that one friend that makes up BS. I can think of any examples of the top of my head relating to tech.

Yup.. Friend with an Fx4300 and a HD7770 2GB claims his PC is "as good or better" than mine.

Oh well.  ;)

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

One of my friend's friends said that his computer had an i9 and DDR4 (back in 2011). He was being 100% serious, too. 

The i9 was Intel's next rumoured processor at the time. 

Bit of a silly name. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I also had another friend who would claim he is using 32 GIG DDR5 Memory in his PC

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I vs-ed a guy in CS:GO who said he would "hack me".

He then proceeded to whine about how his game keeps minimizing for random reasons and he can't fix it.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

One kid was telling his friend about how he "Liked that strong subwoofer in those earbuds" (Probably means bass)

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Not so much people claiming they know everything, but...

This happens often: I'll be playing League of Legends, and one of two things will occur. Either it will be someone saying they're excited to play on their new rig, or that they just got a new Mac.

This is how it typically goes: "Excited to play on my new rig! Playing on low on my old craptop was awful." "That's cool! What do you got under the hood?" "Well it's an ASUS gaming motherboard." "...cool.."

or

"Just installed League on my new Macbook, bitches. Time to play the game like it's meant to be played." "I'm playing at 240FPS on a 6870... My rig cost' half as much as your laptop." 

"lol kid... You don't know what you're talking about. Macs are better for League."

:/

My friend is selling a PC on an app where you buy and sell stuff locally. He claims it can run Skyrim on high/ultra. I proceeded to ask him what graphics card it has and he said it has a GT 730.

I had a kid (sophomore) said he play Arma 3 at 258 fps and all ultra. I laughed so hard after that.  

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Friend was talking about his other friend building him a "custom laptop" with 2 Titan X's 

Me-*sarcasm* ....really? desktop Titan X's? With the heatsink and everything?

Friend-yes

Me-you do understand the size that "laptop" would have to be to maintain proper airflow right? not to mention the fact you dont need 2 Titan X's to play WoW all day
Friend-no i need them, he's also setting me up with the fastest AMD cpu tha-

Me-Your existence is invalid, quit while you're behind 

heard kids behind me talking about PCs.

this kid said he had a custom built laptop with some extreme edition cpu, and dual titan zs with a ROG motherboard. he listed off every part number, but yeah. all that in his custom 9,000 laptop. 

kids and there laptops man

lol. a kid with confidential microsoft info. u sure he wasnt in a virtual or simulation world?? 

Friend said he gets 100+ FPS on crysis 3 4k with everything very high. I pissed my self laughing

Few years back heard girl talking about her boyfriend. She said something along that he had to run his PC 247 because it has water cooling loop. I was like "why the ** would he need to do that just for the WC loop..."

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Read 90% of the posts from school students on this website.

;)

someone at my school (he hasnt been to school for more than two days this year) keeps telling me how his pc is 10x more powerful than *insert random IBM supercomputer here* and that his r7 250 is BLAZINGLY FAST and gets him 300-500 fps in battlefield 4 on ultra settings 4k

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I've heard some 13 year olds at school claiming that they downloaded more bits for their computer, my friend and I finding it rather amusing asked if they downloaded more ram as well which of course they said they had...

I've heard some 13 year olds at school claiming that they downloaded more bits for their computer, my friend and I finding it rather amusing asked if they downloaded more ram as well which of course they said they had...

What? Are you saying the 64gb of RAM I downloaded yesterday was fake? The ad clearly said that my PC wasn't running at its full speed....

/s