Current AMD FuryX slower than 980ti (

CoolaxGaming

You can of course compare stream processors in the same architecture. But across architectures, I agree. But when have new architectures resulted in worse efficiency?

Since it's humans who design things and they can fuck it up.  Also it's never a 1:1 ratio with ANYTHING in tech.  Stop fanboying hard and approach things rationally.

Also we don't know anything about the 390x or whatever yet.

It would not surprise me one bit the Fury doesn't perform as well as it should, but then it would surprise me that they charge more than the 980 Ti if it performs worse.

The GPU is the most important part, not the HBM ram. No matter what, we shall see soon.

Is wccftech run by some young students or what? It's a gangbang nest full of assf*cks between nVidia/AMD/Intel fapboys.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Fair enough, i just saw the reposts linked multiple times. didnt actually look at it. 

I'm super confused though...where did tweets come from? All i'm saying is in this article all they say is literally "Our sources close to AMD have reported...."

There are two other posts about the fiji cards on the forum with sources of "an anonymous source" and the other with a source of "hearsay"

I'm just saying there's toooons of shit flying around with basically nothing to back it. What tweets are we ignoring?

EDIT: and i wouldnt find any of this as a problem but for reasons unkown people are taking some of this information to heart instead of looking at it as a piece of information that could have totally been made up on teh spot as there is literally nothing to back it. 

People are taking it to heart because they are fanboys.  Personally I'll wait for the product to be released/benched before I voice an opinion on it.

I don't know if it was this thread or the other one but in my skimming someone used "it's only tweets" to as their basis for dismissing all of it.  I remember a while back some used tweets as the entire foundation for similar accusations (stating as whole fact an assumption based on a insinuating tweet),  So I was not so much pointing to the article as being right or wrong, but that the rational people are using to either support or deny it to be flaccid at best.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1. wccftech.

2. No it's not slower. At 4096 stream processors, a Hawaii chip would be as fast as a Titan X. Fiji is 2 generations of GCN higher, at should have a higher clock as well.

3. A random twitter message is not a source.

4. Repost.

because the number of SP's is actually still unknown in the end card (we know pretty damn well that fiji has 4096 SP's)  the fury may NOT have 4096, meaning another card is possible in the future. this could be due to low yields, etc, although with the current manufacturing process's maturity and the fact that there were delays due to HBM, I don't expect yields to have been the problem.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I would really like to know what game(s) are they talking about and how much slower it is compared to the 980ti.

ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ : Planning Stages.

i7 4790K | MSI Krait | 480 GB SSD | R9 295 x2 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Watercooled

Disappointing if true. Damn I was hoping to see full Tonga at 70 series prices, Hawaii at 80 series prices, and new killer 90 series cards in the $400-$550 range. Something to really push Nvidia like the 290/290x did, which led to the $330 GTX 970.

You know what we need to ban? All you crybabies from whining that WCCF is a source. WHO GIVES A SHIT. All rumour mills are bullshit, no matter who is doing it. Get over it. WCCF has been right. WCCF has been wrong. 

Our great Linus even mocks all of you for your irrational hate of WCCF. Especially when WCCF is saying something that doesn't jive with your delicate sensibilities. 

@TheSLSAMG is right, there is a valid source behind what WCCF said. @mr moose is more right, its because fanboys are having their brand being attacked and portrayed in a bad way, so you all complain about the legitimacy of the reporter and not the facts being presented. 

Jesus you people. 

Another day, more unsubstantiated rumours.

vJQw0tc.jpg

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

You know what we need to ban? All you crybabies from whining that WCCF is a source. WHO GIVES A SHIT. All rumour mills are bullshit, no matter who is doing it. Get over it. WCCF has been right. WCCF has been wrong. 

Our great Linus even mocks all of you for your irrational hate of WCCF. Especially when WCCF is saying something that doesn't jive with your delicate sensibilities. 

@TheSLSAMG is right, there is a valid source behind what WCCF said. @mr moose is more right, its because fanboys are having their brand being attacked and portrayed in a bad way, so you all complain about the legitimacy of the reporter and not the facts being presented. 

Jesus you people. 

What "fact" is being presented?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I dont know why but i got the feeling that the AMD FURY X will outperform the 980ti easily.....

Nothing quite describes the emotional whiplash of seeing a title like that, then realizing its a WCCF article. 

Boop

I'll say it once again.

AMD needs to drop some things, maybe drop the APU's and the GPU's and go with CPU's, or drop the APU's and the CPU's and go with the GPU's as their focus.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I doubt card will be slower than competition while also cost more, what?

But if those sayings are true that if they can make it better till final product also driver optimization and maybe good overclocks, it can be hell of a good card :)

Let's just all hope so. They're giving it 'Fury' naming, so I expect something good xD

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I'll say it once again.

AMD needs to drop some things, maybe drop the APU's and the GPU's and go with CPU's, or drop the APU's and the CPU's and go with the GPU's as their focus.

I agree. They should at least sell their APU tech to Samsung or Qualcomm or somebody big. 

I agree. They should at least sell their APU tech to Samsung or Qualcomm or somebody big. 

Especially since Intel just wrecked their APU performance with the release of the Iris Pro 6200 chips. AMD has been in the (relatively) high end APU buisness since 2011, while Intel joined in 2013, yet although AMD has been making high end APU's for twice as long as Intel, they still can't beat 'em. 

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Since it's humans who design things and they can fuck it up.  Also it's never a 1:1 ratio with ANYTHING in tech.  Stop fanboying hard and approach things rationally.

Also we don't know anything about the 390x or whatever yet.

If they ended up making a worse architecture, they could choose not to use it. Makes no sense. I am indeed thinking rationally. Based on what we know (and yes we know quite a bit about Fiji), it would make no sense for Fiji to under perform. It is very easy to just yell fanboy, like feminists yell misogyny, but it does not make it so. All is speculation until actual tests, sure, but denying specs and things we know, to a twitter source on wccftech is bonkers.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I vaguely remember the "390X" or "Fury" card was comfortably between the Titan X and the 980, with a price comfortably between the Titan X and 980. Now it'll have to be priced significantly cheaper, a bit under the 980Ti, since a 980Ti is almost as good as a Titan X. Anyone thinking that AMD's best 3xx generation card would be better or had to be better than Nvidia's best 9xx generation card was just setting themselves up to be disappointed at AMD, intentionally or not. >.>

Is it just me, or has Nvidia been dragging their Titan name through the dirt lately? Titan Z... only good if you're doing work that justifies the purchase of a small supercomputer. Titan X... if you bought this, you paid a $350 premium for having something a hair ahead of the 980Ti, up to 3 months earlier.

A "prototype". AMD is going to be stuck on prototypes forever if they don't release their damn cards.

AMD... You have 2 weeks. You better "bring it". 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

what I find very sad on all the PC forums I participate in is the pathetic news of fanboyism.

I mea what does it gain? I'm sure the women in the pub find both nvidia and amd cards oh so sexy... NOT

everyone's entitled to an opinion and a preference but that doesn't disregard the competition or make the competition a poor product none the less.

honestly I don't get it.. what do people gain?

I'll have either amd or nvidia gpus. I buy the best and most suited to my need that I can afford at the time.

at the moment having a 4k display really limit my options of I want to make the most of it, so it's either 980ti sli or fury cfx.

just because I currently have an nvidia card doesn't mean I'll stick with them (I probably will as the 980ti is so reasonably priced fthe the performance)

but before that I had amd and then nvidia and amd ect..

seriously people just need to grow up a little lol..

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I'll say it once again.

why would they drop apus its their biggest money maker

A "prototype". AMD is going to be stuck on prototypes forever if they don't release their damn cards.

Well that's what happens when they are prooving concepts, it's the weight you have to carry when you develop new tech.

AMD did it before with GDDR5, is doing it again with HBM.

According to semiaccuarate and techreport AMD has been working on this for seven years and have prototypes since 2011 iirc.