Fiji will not be a Titan X killer?!?!?!?!?

source: http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/43996/computex-amd-toont-fiji-videokaart-achter-gesloten-deuren

so, this rumor goes like this:

As the first generation High Bandwidth Memory is limited to 4 GB per GPU, the remarkable situation where the new top model gets less memory than the underneath positioned 390X. You come to that limit because by these two gigabit HBM is present, up to four can be stacked and AMD four such  stacks which can lose the GPU.

A Titan X-killer we do not expect: we caught on that the performance level slightly below that of the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti would be. For this purpose, the clock frequency will increase to more than 1 GHz. The power was called 'under the 300 watt, "we probably can deduce that the consumption above that of the 980 Ti and Titan X will lie. Namely both those cards have a TDP of 250 watts, which is often not achieved in practice.

---

it this would be true, and I hope to god it isn't .. for AMD's sake, I would literally roll on the floor laughing my ass off for an hour  :P

4GB won't make it a non-Titan X killer though.  Sure super hi-res might be a problem but you'll run out of GPU power steam before VRAM becomes an issue.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

i think there new top of the line gpu will perform between a 980 and a 980ti while being cheaper then a 980 ti

They can ignore the titan, they should kill the 980 ti, otherwise it will be the best card until Pascal

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Still waiting for some legit news...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

i think there new top of the line gpu will perform between a 980 and a 980ti while being cheaper then a 980 ti

$850 is pretty much confirmed. If it really performs below the 980 Ti, they need to end production immediately and cut their losses.

4GB won't make it a non-Titan X killer though.  Sure super hi-res might be a problem but you'll run out of GPU power steam before VRAM becomes an issue.

With the Titan X yes, other sub 8GB cards however will run out of vRAM since games can already push over 6Gb vRAM. (Not dual GPU cards or the 290X-I'm looking at you R9 295 X2)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Idk there is a chance seeing as there are 3 different Single GPU Fiji cards planned from AMD and 1 dual GPU Fiji card planned according to some rumors at least the Fiji Pro (entry Fiji) will be 599$ with 4GB of HBM Fiji XT will be 849$ with 4GB of HBM

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

If the rumor about 8GB HBM turns out to be true, who knows, we might see the case like 290x which performs better than 970 on higher resolutions but is on pair/lower on 1080p (considering some manufacturer had that add about in being a 4k card).

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

What kind of topic is this!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

"As the first generation High Bandwidth Memory is limited to 4 GB per GPU, the remarkable situation where the new top model gets less memory than the underneath positioned 390X. You come to that limit because by these two gigabit HBM is present, up to four can be stacked and AMD four such  stacks which can lose the GPU."

As far as I can tell, the amount of space on each chip is fairly unimportant considering HBM has a much higher bandwidth than GDDR5, isn't it?

big_amd-hbm-bandwidth.jpg.jpg

Right?

No?

If so, than 4GB of HBM would be equal to... I don't know, much more than 4GB. :P

Edit: I can't tell the difference between GB/s and GB/s per watt. Changed image.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

What kind of topic is this!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

A pointless one. The speculative speculations based on rumors of leaked specifications aims to amuse and confuse both idiot and genius alike. The bottom line is that no one actually knows anything. At all.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

If the past is ANYTHING to go by...New flagships beat the competitions flagships by 5-10%.

Rinse and Repeat for each generation between each company.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

"As the first generation High Bandwidth Memory is limited to 4 GB per GPU, the remarkable situation where the new top model gets less memory than the underneath positioned 390X. You come to that limit because by these two gigabit HBM is present, up to four can be stacked and AMD four such  stacks which can lose the GPU."

As far as I can tell, the amount of space on each chip is fairly unimportant considering HBM has a much higher bandwidth than GDDR5, isn't it?

Right?

No?

If so, than 4GB of HBM would be equal to... I don't know, much more than 4GB. :P

thtas only a factor if memory bandwidth is a bottleneck in the first place. If the issue is that there is just not enough memory then bandwidth means very little.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

who cares about the titan X? you need to beat the 980ti, thats nvidias best card overall

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

source: http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/43996/computex-amd-toont-fiji-videokaart-achter-gesloten-deuren

---

it this would be true, and I hope to god it isn't .. for AMD's sake, I would literally roll on the floor laughing my ass off for an hour  :P

I wouldn't, GPU prices are already high enough without Nvidia having a monopoly on discrete GPUs yet.

2EIHd4d.png

Right?

No?

Do you even know what that graph is (poorlly) showing? That graph in no way shows what you are trying to say it does.

FFS can we stop with the random rumor posting at the absolute minimum label the post rumor or better dont post it all

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

A big load of clickbate nonsense again lol.

we will see what they bring to the table wenn they are finaly released.

I dont realy care if its going to be a Titan X killer or not by the way.

I wouldn't, GPU prices are already high enough without Nvidia having a monopoly on discrete GPUs yet.

I would

it's still going out in flame anyways, why wouldn't it end in a blaze of glory - more spectacular

Do you even know what that graph is (poorlly) showing? That graph in no way shows what you are trying to say it does.

Well I did, but the more I think about it, you're right. It's damn similar to the one that shows the actual GB/s though. Still, it is showing much higher bandwidth in a round-about way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll edit in the proper one.

Edit: And it doesn't even look that similar. I'll just get off the computer now haha

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

---

Err, it was like this with the titan and 290x too? Titan cards usually stay on top of the next series of AMD cards. The GTX Titan is still (slightly) faster than the 290x, despite being released half a year earlier (the previous cycle). It's a 1k$ GPU, it'd better stay the best GPU available for a while.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."