Nvidia may have access and control of your pc

Mads-Ejnar

Welcome to the sensationalist anti-Nvidia site. Enjoy your stay and keep your sanity through various methods.

Eh, this forum seems mostly green actually. During that one stream they did that vote on 980TI or the new version of AMDs card and without seeing either of the cards a massive majority went 980 ti without question.  I'd also be super surprised if had less than a 60% usage rate amont LTT members, but i suppose thats just speculation. Also it doesnt matter in the least.   

I also personally don't like a lot of what Nvidia does.

That said i'd also like to think i'm not an idiot. This thread is dumb. I could hate Nvidia with every last fiber of my being and i still couldn't justify this thread. dear god its so bad. They could have murdered my first born and I still couldn't justify the leaps this post is making.  It actually kinda hurts to read. 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Eh, this forum seems mostly green actually. During that one stream they did that vote on 980TI or the new version of AMDs card and without seeing either of the cards a massive majority went 980 ti without question.  I'd also be super surprised if had less than a 60% usage rate amont LTT members, but i suppose thats just speculation. Also it doesnt matter in the least.   

I also personally don't like a lot of what Nvidia does.

That said i'd also like to think i'm not an idiot. This thread is dumb. I could hate Nvidia with every last fiber of my being and i still couldn't justify this thread. dear god its so bad. They could have murdered my first born and I still couldn't justify the leaps this post is making.  It actually kinda hurts to read. 

You're right. There's just a select group of loudmouths that go to bash on Nvidia every chance they get even without having basis in their accusations.

i trust nvidia so i don't give a crap about the topic of this thread

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Yea a real big dick move considering they just locked and unlocked overclocking on 900m GPUs(again). 

I don't believe Nvidia would do this, but they should fix it fast.

are you still on that? people owning a laptop don't even care about that anymore than i do.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

What is that file? Lol I can't find anything about it...

Rule number one on the Internet, never open a file unless you trust the source. 

It's probably not a good idea to encourage people linking to random files.  That's when the forum gets a name for being a source of malware.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

are you still on that? people owning a laptop don't even care about that anymore than i do.

On what? Did they not just locked and unlocked overclocking on 900m gpus a few day ago?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

On what? Did they not just locked and unlocked overclocking on 900m gpus a few day ago?

They probably did, they have been doing it on and for a year now.  But the really important thing is that 99% users don't actually care and the 1% who did want to overclock are carrying on like they are going to loose their job over it.

It's  laptop thing.  Seriously until the first news article came in that they had locked them down I hadn't even heard of laptop overclocking and I have been on tech forums since the late 90's and building/repairing pc's since the late 80's

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'm not worried they have raped me many times.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

They probably did, they have been doing it on and for a year now.  But the really important thing is that 99% users don't actually care and the 1% who did want to overclock are carrying on like they are going to loose their job over it.

It's  laptop thing.  Seriously until the first news article came in that they had locked them down I hadn't even heard of laptop overclocking and I have been on tech forums since the late 90's and building/repairing pc's since the late 80's

Ya sure you haven't heard of laptop overclocking? A quick google search would show you all sorts of answers (half of which are people advising against laptop overclocking). 

ANW I wasn't here to talk a about mobile overclocking. It was just a quick mention on what Nvidia DID, locking and unlocking it for the second time? Com'on, I had preferred 

that they had kept it locked the second time around. This makes them look unprofessional (to my eyes)  :lol: And if this thing in the thread is true (Which I highly doubt it is) its 

gonna make them look real bad... 

Rule number two on the internet, never trust someone on the internet.

Careful with that statement though, this can work against you real hard  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yeeeeeaaaaaaah.. it's not like I care.

Hey

It looks like Nvidia have access to your pc and can change settings without you knowing about it.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/836204/geforce-drivers/nvidia-control-panel-access-denied/1/

Your logic leap from not being able to access Nvidia control panel to Nvidia having control of your pc is a massive reach at best.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Your logic leap from not being able to access Nvidia control panel to Nvidia having control of your pc is a massive reach at best.

He brought out the Jump to Conclusions mat for this one.

Ya sure you haven't heard of laptop overclocking? A quick google search would show you all sorts of answers (half of which are people advising against laptop overclocking). 

ANW I wasn't here to talk a about mobile overclocking. It was just a quick mention on what Nvidia DID locking and unlocking it for the second time? Com'on, I had preferred 

that they had kept it locked the second time around. This makes them look unprofessional (to my eyes)  :lol: And if this thing in the thread is true (Which I highly doubt it is) its 

gonna make them look real bad... 

Yep,  it's just not a major thing.  You can get a million results from google for overclocking sound cards too, have you heard of people doing that?  It happens yes if it didn't no one would have found out that nvidia blocked it.   However it's just not as  big as people make out.   However I agree, they blocked it, then unblocked it, then blocked it again on another chipset, then unblocked that.  It's anyone's guess if they'll do it again.

And I don't trust anyone on the net, that's why I only download files from known sources and I certainly don't click on unsolicited files.  There is simply no argument that would make clicking a file like what opcode linked to a good idea.  Especially in the context of the discussion and the fact his only evidence for it being safe is that he claims to have written it himself and you can trust him. :rolleyes:

I don't see how the issues mean they have control over people's PCs? Seems like a horrible assumption was made from nothing.

I wouldn't have thought NVIDIA would have access to your PC. If this is the case then fuck NVIDIA and I will be making a permenent switch to AMD.

If this was actually happening somehow, it is one why to make me switch, that's for sure.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yep,  it's just not a major thing.  You can get a million results from google for overclocking sound cards too, have you heard of people doing that?  It happens yes if it didn't no one would have found out that nvidia blocked it.   However it's just not as  big as people make out.   However I agree, they blocked it, then unblocked it, then blocked it again on another chipset, then unblocked that.  It's anyone's guess if they'll do it again.

And I don't trust anyone on the net, that's why I only download files from known sources and I certainly don't click on unsolicited files.  There is simply no argument that would make clicking a file like what opcode linked to a good idea.  Especially in the context of the discussion and the fact his only evidence for it being safe is that he claims to have written it himself and you can trust him. :rolleyes:

Trust or no trust, let's just all take precautions when on the internet yea? 

Except for Mr Linus, Mr Linus is love  ;)

And I don't trust anyone on the net, that's why I only download files from known sources and I certainly don't click on unsolicited files.  There is simply no argument that would make clicking a file like what opcode linked to a good idea.  Especially in the context of the discussion and the fact his only evidence for it being safe is that he claims to have written it himself and you can trust him.  :rolleyes:

If you don't trust it then don't use it. It's no skin off my back. Although your opinion of it being malicious isn't welcomed without hard evidence. A lot of people here already run my software so they won't hesitate to get a good laugh out of what I wrote up real quick (e.g. why it doesn't have an icon or metadata).

Heeereeeee weeeeee gooooo.

Indeed, because the best you can do is "because".

Indeed, because the best you can do is "because". If you don't trust it then don't use it. It's no skin off my back. Although your opinion of it being malicious isn't welcomed without hard evidence. A lot of people here already run my software so they won't hesitate to get a good laugh out of what I wrote up real quick (e.g. why it doesn't have an icon or metadata).

I never said your specific code was malicious. Just in general you shouldn't trust random code on the internet from a random person you don't know.

If you don't trust it then don't use it. It's no skin off my back. Although your opinion of it being malicious isn't welcomed without hard evidence. A lot of people here already run my software so they won't hesitate to get a good laugh out of what I wrote up real quick (e.g. why it doesn't have an icon or metadata).

Indeed, because the best you can do is "because".

Welcome or not, I don't trust you or 99% of the internet.  Why would I?  That's a ridiculous proposition.  You seem to forget that it was not long ago this forum got blacklisted by google as being a source of malware.  I am sure it was not intentional but it happens.  As far as I know @Blade of Grass Is still repairing the damaging. 

I never said your specific code was malicious. Just in general you shouldn't trust random code on the internet from a random person you don't know.

I'm not in disagreement to that particular statement. Hence why I established if someone came on here with three posts and started linking random binaries then everyone should raise alarm. Although broken record I've been here for a long while and have an outstanding reputation for providing legit software to the community. What more can you ask for? If you still don't trust it then that's fine. Although invoking others with persuasion that it might be malicious is just straight ignorance. That's like saying a person doesn't exist when he's standing right next to you. You and @mr moose are free to try and prove to the community that the binary is malicious as you both indirectly claim. I urge you both to collaborate with each other and post back your findings. Everyone reading the thread and those who've already downloaded it and got a good laugh are only chuckling at the nonsense opinionated people who even dare to imply that something coming from a reputable source has to be malicious. Neither of you would of ever addressed it if you both didn't feel this way. Run it through Ollydbg (it's not packed) and let us know what it's doing step by step. Break it down and show us what it's doing fishy.

P.S. There's an image resource for the main GUI that's 92.5 KB so that doesn't leave you with much code to begin with.

You and @mr moose are free to try and prove to the community that the binary is malicious as you both indirectly claim.

Not that I am saying your claiming that I am not directly stating that, I am just stating that indirectly your are not directly stating it's not that.  So as you can see to indirectly state that something is directly stated when in fact it is not directly insinuated, is to directly state that the indirect insinuation was true in that is was not indirectly meant to be read as not true. 

You read too deep into things and make too many assumptions.

So, they officially screwed up every gamer out there?

First they screwed AMD gamers with Gameworks, then 970 owners, and now the rest of the nvidia gamers?

Well gg nvidia, seems like you are doing a good job screwing every pc gamer out there

ps: i'm just as much trolling as the title :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

"May have access to your pc" and "looks like" is not the same as nvidia do have control over someone's pc ;)

If this is a error in the driver or something. why will this happen on day X for all that have this problem? I did not install new driver or anything that have with nvidia to do. And alot of people did not change or install new driver. So in the driver must have been "On day X change something" so all get the problem on the same day. And way will they do that i don't get.
Or
They change some settings on your pc without you knowing about it. and that made all get that error on day X. Like a auto update feature or something we don't know about.
If they have this feature way hide it and not tell about it? And here come the control part in. If they can change some settings on your pc like nvidia settings. Can they change more then just that or pull data like hardware info or something? Remember to read the "if" word ;)

I don't know what is true, but i only see those 2 option and i don't like number 2. And that's way i want to get people talking about it and get it out so we can find out what's true and not :)
Just remember to read the "if" and "may" words ;) i'm not saying they are controlling your pc, only they maybe are controlling your pc :)

You sir, have a wonderful day ?  | Sorry for my bad dyslexia English  :(

Spoiler

Gaming PC - MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE - CPU: AMD 3950X - RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3733 C17 DC - 32GB - GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG STRIX OC - 11GB GDDR6 - Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster ZXR - Headset: Sennheiser PC350SE - PSU: Corsair AX860i - SSD: Samsung 980PRO 1TB - SSD: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB

HTPC - MB: MSI B450M MORTAR - CPU: AMD 2400G - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz 32GB - GPU: AMD 2400G - PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium Fanless 600W - SSD: Samsung EVO 120GB - HDD: 7x 3TB WD RED in raid 6 - Raid controller: MEGARAID LSI 9361-8I

I'm not in disagreement to that particular statement. Hence why I established if someone came on here with three posts and started linking random binaries then everyone should raise alarm. Although broken record I've been here for a long while and have an outstanding reputation for providing legit software to the community. What more can you ask for? If you still don't trust it then that's fine. Although invoking others with persuasion that it might be malicious is just straight ignorance. That's like saying a person doesn't exist when he's standing right next to you. You and @mr moose are free to try and prove to the community that the binary is malicious as you both indirectly claim. I urge you both to collaborate with each other and post back your findings. Everyone reading the thread and those who've already downloaded it and got a good laugh are only chuckling at the nonsense opinionated people who even dare to imply that something coming from a reputable source has to be malicious. Neither of you would of ever addressed it if you both didn't feel this way. Run it through Ollydbg (it's not packed) and let us know what it's doing step by step. Break it down and show us what it's doing fishy.

P.S. There's an image resource for the main GUI that's 92.5 KB so that doesn't leave you with much code to begin with.

Oh my god it's a general rule of thumb. I don't need a paragraph that your software isn't riddled with dancing palm trees.