The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

Something wrong with the 900 series drivers then. Worked fine on the 680 series versus 7970GHZ.

Untrue. It ran like crap on a 680 during and after release.

That's actually the only thing I hate, that the strength of cards is no longer measured it how fast they compute, but what game they are running.

AMD will win with Mantle/TressFX, Nvidia with shit like Project Cars.

The reason for that is because of how GPU's have plateaued in performance for the past few years for the most part. We've only gotten small performance gains over the last generation.

We'll see what the next Radeon and Geforce cards have (namely the 400 series and Pascal).

We're not moving to video card exclusive games. If that happens, you are free to punch me in the stomach should we ever meet irl.

You spun that TressFX example around into your favor. Say what it actually is: you're pissed because you can't run Nvidia's effects on Radeon cards. If Nvidia released the source code for their effects, then there wouldn't be any incentive to buy from Nvidia and that's what you guys really want isn't it? You don't want people buying from Nvidia for whatever dumb reason.

I'm all for open-source stuff, but Nvidia owns it and they can do what they want with it.

That last part is such a conspiracy. Do you also think the American government poisons the civilian water supply?

The fact of the matter is that AMD did the right thing for the industry, with its handling of TressFX. I have no interest, in TressFX being exclusive, and neither did AMD.

As for vendor exclusive games. Well:

Also, I don't understand the other claim where "AMD can't optimize for Gameworks!" No shit. That's Nvidia's code meant to run on Nvidia hardware. Optimize for the rest of the game.

We are not at exclusive games yet, but when half the games value is sold as graphics, and those are being payed for, by AMD customers, yet unavailable. Well that's a problem. If NVidia wants to sell these effects, as a payed for 10-20$ DLC for Witcher 3, then fine. But what's going on now, is BS, and you know it.

Legally prohibited, but the next post shows a game with AMD and nvidia being worked into the same game.

Totally not hyperbole.

You mean Star Citizen? They only use the PhysX physics engine, that runs fine on CPU's. NOT the effects, affiliated with advanced PhysX or VisualFX. Get your facts straight and see my post, where I link to Nvidia GameWorks.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

The reason for that is because of how GPU's have plateaued in performance for the past few years for the most part. We've only gotten small performance gains over the last generation.

We'll see what the next Radeon and Geforce cards have (namely the 400 series and Pascal).

And R9 290X is a prime example, its alot older than either the 970 and 980, but the fact that it can match the 970 and come close to a reference 980 is proof that there hasn't been much in the way of GPU performance advances.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Wat?  Maxwell is almost 50% faster than Kepler.  Of all things that are plateaued, it's CPU performance if anything.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Untrue. It ran like crap on a 680 during and after release.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/20/tomb_raider_video_card_performance_iq_review/6#.VVZa_e8w9hF

Nope. During release, before source code was released, sure. But after the source code was released, and NVidia updated their drivers, then nope. If your 970 can't handle TressFx, the problem lies elsewhere.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

"Marcin Momot's statement is not regarding Nvidia's GameWorks "black Box" nature, as CD Project do have access to the libraries source code, however even with such access CD Project Red were unable to optimize HairWorks on order to play nicely with AMD GPUs, giving Nvidia a distinct advantage when playing the Witcher 3. The feature may be hard coded to not work well with AMD GPUs, rather than simply unoptimized.

There is a chance that AMD will release a driver update which will help AMD perform better when using HairWorks, but without access to the programs source code it may take some time. 

Like many other titles which use GameWorks, Nvidia are the performance leaders, but this again raises the question of Nvidia artificially giving their GPUs an advantage over the competition. Nvidia need to promote fairness with their GameWork's Library for it to be truly beneficial to the gaming world, as right now it is doing a great job of promoting Nvidia over AMD, via questionable methods, rather than simpler game development.

"

No guys, you dont understand. Gameworks is the best thing ever and the only reason AMD cant play well with it is because AMD is the sucks! topkek! 

On a serious note though remember that big outrage a while back where a bunch of people were like "yo...gameworks is horrible and takes a big hit even to nvidia performance, but it makes a BIGGER hit to AMD performance so Nvidia doesnt give a shit". A little tinfoil hatty I realize but i'm extremely incline to believe it, especially when Game Devs are saying it. I mean did you look at the damn "requirements" for Witcher 3 posted by Nvidia? At 1440p they want you to jump from a 980 to DUEL 970s or a TITAN X, JUST TO TURN GAMEWORK ON. Dear god. Remember that time you had to ditch your 500 dollar GPU to buy a 1,000 dollar GPU to turn Tressfx on at the same resolution? I dont.

And as a snide remark on top of that trying to get crossfire to work with any damn game with the nvidia logo all over is is a motherf*ckin pain most of the time. 

Maybe i'm just salty. 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Wat? Maxwell is almost 50% faster than Kepler. Of all things that are plateaued, it's CPU performance if anything.

The 780ti and the 980 are very close in performance for the most part. The only thing notable is the Titan X. That's just one card and it costs 1000 bucks.

The 780ti and the 980 are very close in performance for the most part. The only thing notable is the Titan X. That's just one card and it costs 1000 bucks.

It's still Maxwell, only 1 generation apart.  GPU power has hardly flatlined.

It's still Maxwell, only 1 generation apart. GPU power has hardly flatlined.

I agree with what you're saying, but the only Maxwell card on the market worth noting it's gains over last generation is the Titan X, but it carries a hefty premium. Not saying that premium isn't worth it, its just I'd like to see that kind of performance for half that.

Like, I'm not disregarding what Maxwell means, I'm just looking at what cards are on the market.

Regardless, we're still only getting small improvements. Jen-Hsun promised an absurd amount of gains with Pascal next year so we'll see.

There's already at least one day one patch so who honestly knows. It's hard to take any triple A developer seriously anymore, we are being subject to the ritualistic pushing of season passes before games even launch, overhyped announcements with quiet "yea we couldn't actually do that" admissions later on; nothing in the industry is really on the "up and up" anymore.

But gamers don't care. People already threw down a million preorders for this game; people don't care and developers and publishers know that so why would they ever change their practices?

Yeah thats true, I wish there was a way to stop predorders which would make devs push harder to make a better game but sadly thats never gonna happen :(

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

dat coding to the metal on ps4...

dat coding to the metal on ps4...

Is that a joke?

Apart from the lighting and the grass/tree textures...are you for real right now? 

So the PS4 effectively held its own and was nearly indistinguishable? The fuck? 

Is that a joke?

Apart from the lighting and the grass/tree textures...are you for real right now? 

So the PS4 effectively held its own and was nearly indistinguishable? The fuck? 

The channel is just some literal who Russian, could just be a troll. comparing the console releases since those are already leaked on torrent sites.

Don't quote me on this but here and here they said no downgrade

Don't quote me on this but here and here they said no downgrade

-snip-

I still won't believe anything until I get the game in my hands and I can verify it firsthand.

The difference is much bigger.

I linked two screenshots somewhere on this thread .

Compressed youtube video is not the best for comparisons.

In the first few minutes of this review, he says multiple times that youtube 1080p is what it will be like on console. He kinda has a loss for words when trying to describe it in reality.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Anyone watch the last wan show? Linus brought up a good mind fuck.

What if all this shit about the witcher 3 being downgraded and "next gen" consoles looking very similar to the "glorious" pc version, it just a troll move?!?!?!?!?! 

Like the day 1 patch fixes everything and only the few dedicated pc gamers would know lol

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

What if all this shit about the witcher 3 being downgraded and "next gen" consoles looking very similar to the "glorious" pc version, it just a troll move?!?!?!?!?! 

Like the day 1 patch fixes everything and only the few dedicated pc gamers would know lol

As funny as that would be I HIGHLY doubt it.

That last part is such a conspiracy. Do you also think the American government poisons the civilian water supply?

Well technically they do. In 2015, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services issued a recommendation for the optimal fluoride level that should be in drinking water to prevent tooth decay. This new recommendation is for a single level of 0.7 milligrams of fluoride per liter of water, opposed to the 0.7 to 1.2 milligrams per liter recommendation issued in 1962, which is now the standard. fluoride, sodium fluoride (NaF), the lethal dose for most adult humans is estimated at 5 to 10 g (which is equivalent to 32 to 64 mg/kg elemental fluoride/kg body weight). Ingestion of fluoride can produce gastrointestinal discomfort at doses at least 15 to 20 times lower (0.2–0.3 mg/kg or 100 to 150 mg for a 50 kg person) than lethal doses. Although helpful for dental health in low dosage, chronic exposure to fluoride in large amounts interferes with bone formation. In this way, the most widespread examples of fluoride poisoning arise from consumption of ground water that is abnormally fluoride-rich. It wont hurt us but technically they do poison it.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

When have AMD features worked on Nvidia? 

TressFX was complete shit on Nvidia cards too, lets not act like AMD is some innocent little entity.

TressFX was initially shit on Nvidia, but it has been optimized for quite awhile now.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

This...would be absolutely hilarious!!

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

TressFX was initially shit on Nvidia, but it has been optimized for quite awhile now.  

No it hasn't.  I have benchmarked Tomb Raider just yesterday again, and it still performs worse than 2x7950s, significantly so although 1 GTX 970 is more powerful than 2x7950s.