Twitter is cracking down on trolls .

Ridska

Ridska here ,

It looks like trolling in twitter is not going to be a safe place to troll people .

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/Twitters-Timid-Anti-Trolling-Tweaks-82021.html

So next time when you think of trolling people in twitter is a good idea , be warned that twitter wont take this lightly .

Thanks and stay groovie .

(⌐■_■) 

Rip free speech.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

They should crack down on spam accounts before they crack down on trolls. There are too many accounts that are impersonating real companies that are scamming people and that is much more of a pain in the ass for your average user than trolling is as that only affects a very small number of accounts on the site.

They should crack down on spam accounts before they crack down on trolls. There are too many accounts that are impersonating real companies that are scamming people and that is much more of a pain in the ass for your average user than trolling is as that only affects a very small number of accounts on the site.

This^

Trolls are just annoying and sometimes funny, they are mostly harmless.

Scam and spam accounts are much much worse and there are plenty of those on Twitter as well, I'd give those priority.

And trolling is just a part of free speech imo, so I wouldn't consider cracking down on it a good move. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Maybe they should first try to earn some money, before spending money on troll-control.

And by the way Twitter.. Since you don't have to verify your email, before tweeting when making an account you can very easily make throwaway accounts

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Rip free speech.

trolling is not free speach. it is harassment. also the united states  concept of free speach does not apply to the internet, twitter can make rules that limit certain forms of speech (namely harassment) and you are subject to follow them, same goes with LTT.

also we arent just talking about annoying little trolls we are talking about people who use  twitter to haress and threaten others online namely cyber bullying.

I am really glad to see this.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

trolling is not free speach. it is harassment. also the united states  concept of free speach does not apply to the internet, twitter can make rules that limit certain forms of speech (namely harassment) and you are subject to follow them, same goes with LTT.

also we arent just talking about annoying little trolls we are talking about people who use  twitter to haress and threaten others online namely cyber bullying.

I am really glad to see this.

the problem with picking out trolls is that you can easily abuse the system and ban people who critise you legitimately. Take anita sarkeesian for example she somehow manages to keep her public profile fine when everyone on the internet is aware how much bullshit she speaks.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

the problem with picking out trolls is that you can easily abuse the system and ban people who critise you legitimately. Take anita sarkeesian for example she somehow manages to keep her public profile fine when everyone on the internet is aware how much bullshit she speaks.

I am not going to get in a debate about Anita, but rest assured she was (and still is) a huge target of death threats online as well as doxing ( have seen here personal info posted all over the darknet) she was not lying when she said that she was recieving death threat or bomb threats.

again I dont want a debate, about her, but the use of twitter for targeted attacks is very real.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I am not going to get in a debate about Anita, but rest assured she was (and still is) a huge target of death threats online as well as doxing ( have seen here personal info posted all over the darknet) she was not lying when she said that she was recieving death threat or bomb threats.

again I dont want a debate, about her, but the use of twitter for targeted attacks is very real.

it is, but then again, when you talk bullcrap you get bullcrap back at you. Some kind of monitoring is definitely required, but experience shows it never works well.

Spoiler

it is, but then again, when you talk bullcrap you get bullcrap back at you. Some kind of monitoring is definitely required, but experience shows it never works well.

look it is fine to disagree with someone. but it is never ever okey to threaten them, harass them, post their private information online, threaten to rape them in real life, and then go around spreading lies about the person and then get in contact and harass anyone who knows the person in real life.

how can anybody justify that ?

because that has happened to alot of woman in the gaming industry, this tactic is also done (on a smaller scale) against teens, by other teens, whether they are gay, transgender, or just someone that a person simply doesnt like

THATS THE ISSUE HERE

look it is fine to disagree with someone. but it is never ever okey to threaten them, harass them, post their private information online, threaten to rape them in real life, and then go around spreading lies about the person and then get in contact and harass anyone who knows the person in real life.

how can anybody justify that ?

because that has happened to alot of woman in the gaming industry, this tactic is also done (on a smaller scale) against teens, by other teens, whether they are gay, transgender, or just someone that a person simply doesnt like

THATS THE ISSUE HERE

I agree with all of that, i'm just saying people will abuse the system the other way aswell.

Spoiler

Aaaaaand....twitter collapses.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I agree with all of that, i'm just saying people will abuse the system the other way aswell.there is 

abuse always happens but it is better to have an actual system the none at all

Pft

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

goodbye twitter.

i don't see how this is against troll's since trolls will be the first to abuse this

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Whatever happened to the Internet such that "trolling" was redefined to mean "sending death threats, along with the recipient's home address"?

Free speech my arse, what you are describing has never been protected by law.

On the subject of Anita Sarkeesian if people could counteract her arguments in a coherent way without threatening to blow up her house (along with posting directions to her house) she would probably have less of a following. Just saying.

Whatever happened to the Internet such that "trolling" was redefined to mean "sending death threats, along with the recipient's home address"?

Free speech my arse, what you are describing has never been protected by law.

On the subject of Anita Sarkeesian if people could counteract her arguments in a coherent way without threatening to blow up her house (along with posting directions to her house) she would probably have less of a following. Just saying.

That's not even remotely accurate and you know it. There are numerous reasonable rebuttals to the bullshit she spews, but she picks the anarchists on the internet who behave a certain way because of anonymity and paints all her detractors with a wide brush.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Rip free speech.

Here we go. People who think free speech extends to private enterprises which are not funded by their tax dollars.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Rip free speech.

specificly speaking. this is a violation of a constitutional right and as such I do not believe it can be upheld in the court of law. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

There are people that haven't given up on twitter?

I thought the only people on it were news anchors wanting tweet feeds for fluff content instead of getting informed/expert opinions. Shows what I know.

That's not even remotely accurate and you know it. There are numerous reasonable rebuttals to the bullshit she spews, but she picks the anarchists on the internet who behave a certain way because of anonymity and paints all her detractors with a wide brush.

I'm sure there are, but I've never heard anyone offer them. I have, however, seen tonnes of "this bitch needs to get raped" and "this cunt needs to die" messages. Instead of getting defensive about how you hate her for a really really good reason, actually win the argument. Actually make the argument, first of all.

specificly speaking. this is a violation of a constitutional right and as such I do not believe it can be upheld in the court of law. 

No it isn't. Even if this were the USA (which it isn't) no corporation is obliged to enforce free speech on their property. Would you take LMG to court if they banned you from their forum? Don't be absurd.

I'm sure there are, but I've never heard anyone offer them. I have, however, seen tonnes of "this bitch needs to get raped" and "this cunt needs to die" messages. Instead of getting defensive about how you hate her for a really really good reason, actually win the argument. Actually make the argument, first of all.

No it isn't. Even if this were the USA (which it isn't) no corporation is obliged to enforce free speech on their property. Would you take LMG to court if they banned you from their forum? Don't be absurd.

Thunderf00t on youtube is the most well known, but there are few others I can give if you want them.

Thunderf00t on youtube is the most well known, but there are few others I can give if you want them.

And that negates the need to do something about the widespread harassment? The fact that you can name a few specific people who aren't arseholes?

The fact is that twitter is not a US Public Space and so is not bound by the constitution, as such they can propose as draconian anti-free-speech rules as they like, and the kinds of comments people in this thread are defending would not be protected by the constitution if they were said in, for instance, a public library. If you threaten to kill someone in most places you will be apprehended, and if you make bomb threats you could expect to get terrorism charges thrown in -- whether you were serious or not.

Being banned from a social media outlet is actually a far lighter punishment than what would happen if these comments were made in a place where the constitution actually applies.

Instead of cracking on trolls, Twitter should do something about their broken system and API abuse. The very idea blockbots are allowed on /social media/ is absurd. Being able to mass spam report to get someone you disagree with suspended is also incredibly broken. Low tier trolls are the least of Twitters issues. From personal experience, my worst time with Twitter stems from not the trolls, but the very petty individuals utilizing the service.