AMD Radeon R9 390X Teaser Pic – Definitely Water Cooled + Small Form Factor

BiG StroOnZ

^

But will it be enough?

I heard that the 500 series will have temps closer to Sun's and a TDP of 1.5GW...now we now why are we affected by Global Warming....

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

NooooooooooooOooooooooooooOooooo

GTFO with the 120mm radiators, either prepackage 2 cards with one 240 mm radiator or make 1 card with 140mm radiator. FFS.

Why does AMD INSIST on making every damn card unbuyable for me, no matter how hard I decided ahead of time I want one of their damn cards.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

GTFO with the 120mm radiators, either prepackage 2 cards with one 240 mm radiator or make 1 card with 140mm radiator. FFS.

Why does AMD INSIST on making every damn card unbuyable for me, no matter how hard I decided ahead of time I want one of their damn cards.

Unbuyable? You simply aren't trying hard enough :P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811995076&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Case+Accessories-_-N82E16811995076&gclid=CIX59-OZr8UCFZBefgod2ZUAVA&gclsrc=aw.ds

There are other ones too if you don't like the look of this one.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

ITT:

GUISE AMD CARDS ARE SO HOT THE 400 SERIES WILL HAVE A LN2 COOLER AT STOCK.

Hence why code name Arctic Islands, ever been there? 105 degrees C in the winter time.

140mm radiators aren't necessary for GPUs. A single 120mm radiator is more than enough and cuts corners on cost.

only hdmi and dp. time for adapters for thosw whos screen dont have hdmi.

Isn't it time we drop DVI. It's a large connector, and the same space can be occupied by 2 full-sized DisplayPort or HDMI ports that are also capable of driving higher-resolution displays.

The back of my case already fits 120mm. That's not the point. The point is that it supports 140mm as well, and I won't use 120mm where I can use 140mm. Call it OCD if you will, but that's my principle. Bigger fan = less perceived noise as well, which matters to me as the computer sits where I record music.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Fuck...

I like long gpu's not small ones...

Well as long as there is a long version...

Also, lets hope there are some Lightning PCB's or I will die...

Small ones are always the tastiest ;)

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

The ironic thing is that people are like Herr derr AMD is runs so hot that it needs watercooling. If Nvidia released a card with Aio cooler they'd say ERMERGERD NVERDIA IS SER GERD AND AWSOM.

Pisses me off.

- snip-

390x has a lower memory frequency? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

The back of my case already fits 120mm. That's not the point. The point is that it supports 140mm as well, and I won't use 120mm where I can use 140mm. Call it OCD if you will, but that's my principle. Bigger fan = less perceived noise as well, which matters to me as the computer sits where I record music.

You're OCD. ;)

I suppose that might be a problem then. I don't do anything where things need to be super quiet, so the noise difference between a 120 and 140mm water cooler doesn't matter to me. Personally, I would rather it be 120mm and everyone be able to support it, even if they need to get an adapter, than have it be 140mm and people actually be screwed out of getting it. I have two cases and neither of them support 140mm fans, so I would have to get an entirely new case if I wanted to get one of these.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

390x has a lower memory frequency? 

Yes due to it using HBM. It trades off frequency for power efficiency and has a massive interface that makes up for it. A stack of HBM at 1.0 GHz supplies 128 GB/s of memory bandwidth.

Yes due to it using HBM. It trades off frequency for power efficiency and has a massive interface that makes up for it. A stack of HBM at 1.0 GHz supplies 128 GB/s of bandwidth.

Was thinking it was it, just wanted to confirm it. Ty :)

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

A 120mm rad is plenty enough for stock settings and even more. Remember that unlike CPUs there is no IHS to be a massive bottleneck in heat transfer with GPU dies. Bigger rads will help if you are going to be overvolting near/past the PCI-E connector theoretical power specs but at that point it's no different than what people currently do with switching over to a custom loop.

The PCB size makes sense if you consider how much space on current PCBs is spent on all the discrete VRAM modules. Specialized cards like the EVGA Kingpin try to get the VRAM as close to the core as possible with extra traces. Now imagine all the memory stacked in a single line and residing next to the core itself. This is a huge space saving. Custom waterblocks will be less expensive also, and will open up possibilities of some ridiculously powerful SFF builds.

THIS IS A LEAK SO TAKE IT WITH THE BIGGEST SALT YOU CAN POSSIBLY CONSUME

390x1.jpg

390x2.jpg

hmmm, ok well, the high end part of fiji has shed the light of day, if its true and not a a elaborated prank or sources falsifying crap for a quick buck, anyways, here they are, and the most noticeable thing is that it will be watercooled but even more curious is that it has barbs, the kind you use for custom loops, second is that is really small for a high end part, pcb sizes seems to be like the reference 670, this seems plausible due to HBM being right next to the GPU core and not spread around like past GDDR5 designs, lastly its sexy, like IMO it looks more badass that nvidia reference high end cooler

source: PCper

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Looks legit (not)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I thought PCPer were better than this, making posts about rumours tut tut... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Salt_P1080020.jpeg

dat 'nuff salt?

OH WAIT, IT'S WCCF TECH! Nope, not enough salt.

-

If it's true that's awesome, but I suspect it won't be cheap. I hope at least the 390 is a decent bargain like the 290 was at launch.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

that'd be INSANE.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I guess news is slow when even PCPer are scouring through WCCF Tech for something to talk about. However, in this case I would call the leak legit. For one, Lisa Su talked about all new form factors while grinning, and secondly we know that AMD are continuing with hybrid cooling, and third we know SFF is going to be a thing because of HBM. Even if this is a fake, its probably going to happen irregardless. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

That Card looks pretty insane. I love the idea of getting koth cards, in tiny formats. Graphics cards need watercooling more than CPU's anyways, so it all makes sense.

Gigantic 900D computers are obsolete. Mini/micro pc's are the future, and this makes it possible.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro