PSU extension

JakubR8

I want to get some white psu extension cables but i dont need every single one like the ones that come with so many cables, which are the main cables that i will need that can actually be seen on the motherboard. Going for some white ones.

I have both a gpu and cpu.

5 minutes ago, JakubR8 said:

I want to get some white psu extension cables but i dont need every single one like the ones that come with so many cables, which are the main cables that i will need that can actually be seen on the motherboard. Going for some white ones.

I have both a gpu and cpu.

24pin atx connector, 8pin cpu connector, and 8pin gpu connectors

1 minute ago, bal723 said:

24pin atx connector, 8pin cpu connector, and 8pin gpu connectors

thankyou!, are extension cables good, ive heard you can get like direct ones that go into your psu but they all seem to be super expensive 

13 minutes ago, JakubR8 said:

thankyou!, are extension cables good, ive heard you can get like direct ones that go into your psu but they all seem to be super expensive 

Extensions work just as good

Apprentice Software Developer

17 minutes ago, JakubR8 said:

Extensions are fine.

You can get aftermarket modular cables in whatever style you want from companies like CableMod, but they have to be designed specifically for your power supply. (There's no unified standard to the connectors on the back of modular power supplies.)

Extensions that go between the power supply cables and the rest of your components are universal, so you just have to worry about their length and appearance.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Just now, Needfuldoer said:

Extensions are fine.

You can get aftermarket modular cables in whatever style you want from companies like CableMod, but they have to be designed specifically for your power supply. (There's no unified standard to the connectors on the back of modular power supplies.)

Extensions that go between the power supply cables and the rest of your components are universal, so you just have to worry about their length and appearance.

yeah all im worried about is having to fit all these cables into a 26L matx case

Measure the length you need, otherwise it will be a nightmare to cable manage all that extra length

Just now, JakubR8 said:

yeah all im worried about is having to fit all these cables into a 26L matx case

Cramped but certainly doable

Just dont go for like 30cm ones if you dont need to

10 hours ago, JakubR8 said:

What's the brand and model of your PSU?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 10:40 PM, --SID-- said:

What's the brand and model of your PSU?

rm850X

Just now, JakubR8 said:

rm850X

corsair

7 hours ago, --SID-- said:

yeah i was looking at that they are just so damn expensive, but i guess if im buying a rtx 4080 super i might aswell spend another £80 on some cables to reduce clutter