AMD Radeon R9 390X Teaser Pic – Definitely Water Cooled + Small Form Factor

BiG StroOnZ

Guys this isint the official render -

http://wccftech.com/fake-render-amd-radeon-r9-390x-internet/

Did you even read the article? Obviously not. Because the picture present in that article is not apart of the OP. Everyone knows the Chiphell photoshop picture is a fake, these 3D renders however are not or at least have not been proven to be.

To clarify for those who cannot take the time to read the articles that they post.

The Chiphell photoshopped picture was created based off of the 3D Renders. This is clarified in the article itself. The only source that exists for these 3D Renders is from WCCF Tech. The Chiphell poster took the 3D Render from WCCFTech, and created a photoshop image based off of it. That article has nothing to do with the 3D Renders.

Did you even read the article? Obviously not. Because the picture present in that article is not apart of the OP. Everyone knows the Chiphell photoshop picture is a fake, these 3D renders however are not or at least have not been proven to be.

To clarify for those who cannot take the time to read the articles that they post.

The Chiphell photoshopped picture was created based off of the 3D Renders. This is clarified in the article itself. The only source that exists for these 3D Renders is from WCCF Tech. The Chiphell poster took the 3D Render from WCCFTech, and created a photoshop image based off of it. That article has nothing to do with the 3D Renders.

Wow, no need to be mad, people can make mistakes u know...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Wow, no need to be mad, people can make mistakes u know...

I don't recall coming off as angry, or criticizing you for making a mistake. Don't see what is wrong with telling someone to read something before they post it. Seems kind of a normal to be honest. 

Didn't mean to offend you.  :)

Assuming proper implementation of a water block that cools everything there is no need for a big card.  A compact card also offers the advantage of less interference with airflow within the chassis - in any size chassis.

Big cards are only big in order to spread out components and offer larger surface area for the fans to work on.

Yep, with memory on package now there's not much required PCB space left other than power delivery. Which if done properly (cooling plate) the card can be entirely closed up (vented) and the only fan needed would be for the radiator. It would be a nice step forward for AMD if Fiji turns out to be of similar size. Also not to mention it will be a hair cheaper to manufacture due to saved materials.

Nothing wrong with craving efficiency. But nothing we can do to get it. If we could have efficiency at AMD's prices, wouldn't it be better?

Not on every part of the world though... A 290x lighting could be had $100 cheaper than a G1 970 in my country. When the 290x launched there was a price difference off $70 between the 780 and the 290x here . (290x being cheaper)

Wow 2 970s for only 100 more? Were they used or brand new?

EDIT(11 may 2015): OMG just realised I quoted my own post  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

​embarrassing  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yep, with memory on package now there's not much required PCB space left other than power delivery. Which if done properly (cooling plate) the card can be entirely closed up (vented) and the only fan needed would be for the radiator. It would be a nice step forward for AMD if Fiji turns out to be of similar size. Also not to mention it will be a hair cheaper to manufacture due to saved materials.

I think this would be a huge step forward for everyone, even for Nvidia, whose cards might not need water cooling in the immediate future, but will eventually need it.

The only other choice is to move away from the current motherboard form factor and/or orientation, which is much less likely due to the tremendous legacy market.

What if one 300w tdp card was enough for 4k? Ayeeeeee  ;)  

just an assumption 

It will be as that's what the R9 390X is being built for specifically, 4k gaming. This is why they had a solution made so they could get 8 GB of HBM1 onto the card.

I still say they are fake until OFFICIALLY proven otherwise.

It looks like AMD leaked information they initially didn't intend to. Here's the roadmap from FAH before AMD changed it.

J1oD6ve.png

If you look carefully you can see it is the same render and the radiator is there as well.

NooooooooooooOooooooooooooOooooo

GTFO with the 120mm radiators, either prepackage 2 cards with one 240 mm radiator or make 1 card with 140mm radiator. FFS.

Why does AMD INSIST on making every damn card unbuyable for me, no matter how hard I decided ahead of time I want one of their damn cards.

The ignorance, it burns D':

Something tells me this thing better be a power house that can kick some ass or AMD is going to have a hard time... Remember GTX 480s? Power hungry as fuck, 24/7 heater, and was a decently fast card in it's time... Lets see if that's what this is. :P

I remember the 400 series well.  In fact, the Asus laptop I am running uses a 460m.  Even when doing light tasks such as watching youtube, the gpu exhaust does get pretty warm.

If this is an "official" render some things simply dont make sense. why is this a 2 slot card when it is being liquid cooled? why are there air exhaust slots on the rear bracket if its being liquid cooled? My guess is maybe its some air/liquid hybrid but those things never made sense to me

If this is an "official" render some things simply dont make sense. why is this a 2 slot card when it is being liquid cooled? why are there air exhaust slots on the rear bracket if its being liquid cooled? My guess is maybe its some air/liquid hybrid but those things never made sense to me

It's cooled by an closed loop so it has to be double slot to accommodate the block/pump. If you look at how the R9 295x2 is setup you'll see what I mean.

295X2_Open.jpg

The slots on the bracket are there likely so the card can vent instead of becoming a hot box (power delivery should still be on the PCB).

The chip render appears to be genuine, it can be seen here in the background.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500