Latest Apple Watch estimates: 3M sales, $2B revenue, Apple’s most profitable product ever

Hopefully this encourages other smartwatch makers to take the game seriously and make products that just look good and wear good.

So in other words fuck functionality, battery life and features?

Genius just genius. Call Apple products a 'fashion' statement or some sort of shit but don't pretend its a 'best in class' product before ACTUAL REAL REVIEWS come out. The sad part is that a maker will probably make a smartwatch that looks good, performs well and pretty much beat the Apple Watch in every way, including being several hundred dollars cheaper but it will not sell anywhere near as well. In fact its probably already been made.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

is really freaking toxic. 

its more than toxic, its a complete and actual cancer

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The estimates are just estimates though and if they are true I have lost all hope for humanity once again,

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I'm not too into Apple products but I guess I do like the design of the iPhones/iPads/Macbooks/etc. but not the Apple Watch. This is an ugly design imo especially for the price.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

There is still the iPod sock. 

Or the stupid keyboard they used to include. The one that showed the world your lint, chips and hair collection because it was see through. Oh, the one that also turned yellow after a moments notice. That was pretty damn bad too. 

Those are all just peripherals. :P

This device is a rounded prism slapped on your wrist, hell I had a friend with an iPod nano that he wore as a watch that looked better than the actual iWatch.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Apple sheep will buy apple products .

SHOCKING RIGHT?

Who figured that a company that resembles more a cult than anything now will make customers buy everything they sell.

Apple could make a gold turd with the apple logo that functions as a watch and it would sell.

Everything they do , no matter how crap it is it sells.

They made a computer that looked like a trash can and it sold lol.

As I said before, that "trash can" is a fully featured workstation computer that is still smaller than most if not all the DIY solutions for X99 rigs on the market. It contains a fully upgradable 2011-3 CPU, full sized RAM for future upgrades, still can hold 2 workstation class GPUs in that small a footprint AND it doesn't thermal throttle - that is how well engineered the case and packaging is. Oh, its whisper silent even under load. 

So yes, that trash can works well. Do you have any other shitposts to make? 

Do yourself and the rest of this site a favour; think before you post again and don't get pissed off when people call you out on your shitty attitudes and contrarian crap. The only sheep here would be you, spewing the same flavour of "baaaaaaaaaah" in every thread on this site. 

Does it have to be ground breaking? I like the design I think it looks cool the interface seems really neat, it will work with my  iPhone 6 and iPad... so it suits me perfectly fine

Just because a product does not suit you, does not mean you can go around telling everyone who buys it is an idiot

Haven't you gotten tired of explaining this to people? You are free to buy whatever you like. People need to stop being so fucking backwards on how people spend their money. Especially kids on this site who have to ask mom and dad for stuff. Like please, sit the fuck down. You can't even manage your own finances and you dare lecture people on how they spend? 

Weird how people go all up and arms about others buying multiple Apple products. Do you do the same thing when buying clothes? "how dare you go to the same store to buy your clothes when this other brand clearly has a different weave which enhances comfort by 13% and reduces sweat while in the sun by 21%!!" "You guys are all sheeps for buying your favorite clothes when there are clearly better alternatives!!!"

These are the kinds of people who actually don't say this in real life because they don't have any balls to speak of, they just talk the talk on the internet. 

People of this so-called tech forum hating and hating on this product and the people who buy them, my goodness. It's like the words "target audience" just passed by you. You all call people "stupid" for spending hundreds of dollars on a smartwatch when you know nothing about them other than they purchased a fancy watch; it's their right to buy whatever they f*cking want.

What if I called you all idiotic for spending hundreds of dollars, even thousands on the latest GPU or CPU or obscene amounts of money for a keyboard that lit up in RGB just because such products didn't appeal to me, huh? This hatred on mainstream product culture, especially Apple is really freaking toxic. 

Welcome to LTT, lets shit on Apple about anything and ignore that we spend hundreds on water cooling that does little but we will SHIT on you for buying anything from another brand that costs a lot of money. 

The estimates are just estimates though and if they are true I have lost all hope for humanity once again,

You've lost hope in humanity because they buy what they like? What the fuck is wrong with people like you? 

Because Apple are masters of marketing, period. 

Well it's not surpriseing they sold so much, they already have a base of sheeple that'll snap it up at a moments notice lol  :D

Laughed too much  :lol:

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

I'll just leave this here.

Slowly walks away....

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

I'm not surprised that the watch did well. It looks pretty damn good. Going to have to try it out at a store if possible. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I'll just leave this here.

Slowly walks away....

I guess you missed the point of his video in him being intentionally angry and smashing it for views? Are you "I'll just leave it here" as if its actually painting the product in a bad way? I don't get this guy? Drop anything head on, what do you expect? Easy to cherry pick. 

Most electronics fail properly in drop tests, the Sport is not going to be the exception to that rule. Maybe the Watch and Watch Edition with their sapphire will fair better. 

I'm not surprised that the watch did well. It looks pretty damn good. Going to have to try it out at a store if possible. 

I'd drop my Bulova to test, but I'm also not a dumbass who intentionally damages his products for ad revenue so...

I'd drop my Bulova to test, but I'm also not a dumbass who intentionally damages his products for ad revenue so...

To be fair he probably didn't pay for it himself (though I did not watch whatever video we're talking about here).

Also, why all the fighting above, kids?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Cause Opinions cause fights

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

To be fair he probably didn't pay for it himself (though I did not watch whatever video we're talking about here).

Thats also a fair point, its just not a very orderly way to test durability, of any product. 

Thats also a fair point, its just not a very orderly way to test durability, of any product. 

I guess I don't understand why somebody would oppose the thought of a Mac Pro. Nice, clean design, Xeon power, dual GPUs, lots of memory and such, great machine, costs a lot - as do all prebuilts really and it does carry an Apple premium, don't factor that out - and it isn't the best value machine out there, but being opposed to it is childish. Who cares if someone who wants a productivity machine likes OSX and doesn't want to build a tank-sized workhorse?

And the only way to test durability is real world tests (accidentally smashing your watch into a door or wall when opening a door or dropping it when putting it on etc). Smashing it "Because Apple" is proof that stupid people still exist.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I guess I don't understand why somebody would oppose the thought of a Mac Pro. Nice, clean design, Xeon power, dual GPUs, lots of memory and such, great machine, costs a lot - as do all prebuilts really and it does carry an Apple premium, don't factor that out - and it isn't the best value machine out there, but being opposed to it is childish. Who cares if someone who wants a productivity machine likes OSX and doesn't want to build a tank-sized workhorse?

And the only way to test durability is real world tests (accidentally smashing your watch into a door or wall when opening a door or dropping it when putting it on etc). Smashing it "Because Apple" is proof that stupid people still exist.

Even right now, if you match the Mac Pro with workstation parts on the DIY side, you're not saving much. You're certainly not getting as quiet a machine nor are you getting one as portable. The current Mac Pro is probably the best portable editing rig you can have, truly something you could throw into a Pelican case and take with you. I sure as hell can't take my Air 540 with me...anywhere. Not like I can a Mac Pro. 

Because opinions are wrong if they are not ones own!

350 dollars for  a complementary device thats mainly used for notifications and such .

Sorry if i think thats absurd pricing.

Oh and it goes to 17 k dollars too.

I find that absurd , I must be a shit poster for having a personal opinion.

Also you need an iphone to use it , its a ~350 dollar minimum complementary device.

So silly,

Also : http://time.com/3831405/4-alternatives-apple-watch/

As I said before, that "trash can" is a fully featured workstation computer that is still smaller than most if not all the DIY solutions for X99 rigs on the market. It contains a fully upgradable 2011-3 CPU, full sized RAM for future upgrades, still can hold 2 workstation class GPUs in that small a footprint AND it doesn't thermal throttle - that is how well engineered the case and packaging is. Oh, its whisper silent even under load. 

So yes, that trash can works well. Do you have any other shitposts to make? 

Do yourself and the rest of this site a favour; think before you post again and don't get pissed off when people call you out on your shitty attitudes and contrarian crap. The only sheep here would be you, spewing the same flavour of "baaaaaaaaaah" in every thread on this site. 

Haven't you gotten tired of explaining this to people? You are free to buy whatever you like. People need to stop being so fucking backwards on how people spend their money. Especially kids on this site who have to ask mom and dad for stuff. Like please, sit the fuck down. You can't even manage your own finances and you dare lecture people on how they spend? 

These are the kinds of people who actually don't say this in real life because they don't have any balls to speak of, they just talk the talk on the internet. 

Welcome to LTT, lets shit on Apple about anything and ignore that we spend hundreds on water cooling that does little but we will SHIT on you for buying anything from another brand that costs a lot of money. 

You've lost hope in humanity because they buy what they like? What the fuck is wrong with people like you? 

I don't mind people buying what they want but there cannot be this many people who only want one product because it's good but rather it's because they are told to want products like these by the media. People need to ask themselves do they really need/want this or are they buying it because everyone else has one or because it's fashionable. Do you really need a new watch or phone every year or should you just keep your old one. It's just really wasteful. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Oh but it is a cult.

Apple is more like a religion at this point .

People will buy anything they spit out and they have made many questionable design decisions recently.

call me a shitposter all you like , its just my opinion.

Then you could say the same about every single other company out there. When everyone is unique, no one is. Apple is not a cult, they're a company with very good products. You'd be praising any company you like if they were this successful.

Oh but it is a cult.

Apple is more like a religion at this point .

People will buy anything they spit out and they have made many questionable design decisions recently.

call me a shitposter all you like , its just my opinion.

Apple is not a cult.

People do not hold candlelit vigils for broken iPhones on assembly lines.

Sure, people like to spend money on products they don't need. This is not new.

Your methodology to your opinion is finely carved shitposting.

Then you could say the same about every single other company out there. When everyone is unique, no one is. Apple is not a cult, they're a company with very good products. You'd be praising any company you like if they were this successful.

If AMD had these kinds of sales, we would never hear the end of it, eh? And it would be okay, because anyone but Apple, am I right? 

Apple is not a cult.

People do not hold candlelit vigils for broken iPhones on assembly lines.

Sure, people like to spend money on products they don't need. This is not new.

Your methodology to your opinion is finely carved shitposting.

Now you see why I had little patience before, welcome to the head meet wall club, enjoy banging against it when trying to use critical thinking with him. 

Any company could have the success that Apple has had, yet Apple simply markets well and knows what people like. So sue them. I bet Zappian goes up to people and says "why are you buying that sweater, why don't you buy this sweater? Its 15% cheaper yet 5% more comfortable"

People don't buy Boss suits because they are the best (they aren't, IMHO, even though they are nice). People buy Boss because its a well established brand that has had more hits than misses, that has done a better job at maintaining an image that matters. Apple gets this better than most companies ever will. 

Apple has some cult like practices in it's marketing and internal structures.  But then most companies who want to achieve a singular goal with highly uniform workforce will end up with similar traits.   Is it too far?  you''ll have to ask the people who work there, because armchair commentators have no right to that opinion unless it's them or directly effects them.

Do I like apple? No not particularly, I personally don't like OSX, there are aspects to many of their products I just don't like.  Does that make other people shit, dumb or useless sheep for wanting a product like that?  No it does not.  Facts are facts, companies do not get to the size they are without products to support their claims.  It does not matter if they are cult like, just good marketers or have the gift of the golden tongue.  If the products where not worth the asking price they wouldn't be around today.   Now before any moron tries to claim this is an argument ad populum, you'd better take a history lesson.  Because the ad populum argument is being used too much.  It is a go to rebuttal when you can't find anything to support your claims.

You can apply any of the anti apple commentaries in this thread to any successful company, this is what invalidates them as being intrinsically an apple thing as opposed to being simply the traits of a successful company.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Apple has some cult like practices in it's marketing and internal structures.  But then most companies who want to achieve a singular goal with highly uniform workforce will end up with similar traits.   Is it too far?  you''ll have to ask the people who work there, because armchair commentators have no right to that opinion unless it's them or directly effects them.

Do I like apple? No not particularly, I personally don't like OSX, there are aspects to many of their products I just don't like.  Does that make other people shit, dumb or useless sheep for wanting a product like that?  No it does not.  Facts are facts, companies do not get to the size they are without products to support their claims.  It does not matter if they are cult like, just good marketers or have the gift of the golden tongue.  If the products where not worth the asking price they wouldn't be around today.   Now before any moron tries to claim this is an argument ad populum, you'd better take a history lesson.  Because the ad populum argument is being used too much.  It is a go to rebuttal when you can't find anything to support your claims.

You can apply any of the anti apple commentaries in this thread to any successful company, this is what invalidates them as being intrinsically an apple thing as opposed to being simply the traits of a successful company.

Well said. Argument ad populum my ass, whoever uses that is truly foolish and out of touch with reality.