Experiences with non-techies

Some kid at my school says he has an RGB hard drive and an xbox one with 200 terabytes of storage

no Xbone has that. The PS4 on the other hand...

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

Some kid at my school says he has an RGB hard drive and an xbox one with 200 terabytes of storage

Some kid at mine says that his alienware is better than custom builds because it's, and I quote, "upgraded to the point where it can play Blu-Ray movies"

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

Guys, you gotta hear what just happened to me.

I was doing a big project for school this summer (part of mah IB diploma). I was doing a promotional video of an upcoming internet series.

There was a guy at the set of this series, he was supposed to gather footage and send it to me for editing. I told him that I need HD quality. He said fine, and today I got the footage.

Its potato quality.

I confronted the guy, like wtf is this 420p nonsense and he was swearing that he thought, that he was recording in HD.

He said that is has to be HD, since even on the camera is says, that it is HD, and overall its super cool and has lots of storage for HD clips

He send me a photo of this camera. At least I know why it has a lot of storage space. It has a huge HDD on its side.

3770k MaxVFormula 7970 16gb AX760 1 barracuda 250 840 NHD14 

How much storage someone needs on their PC has nothing to do with the user being a man or woman. It all has to do with type of usage and varies in each case scenario. 

like me.

i can live on a 32gig SSD.

couple years ago i'd have needed a few terabytes, and i will again in the future.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

You could do some node computing for unlimited cpus.

clusters.....

<3

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

That is when you need to get 10 gig. or 100 gig for all of dem bandwidths.

Heck, why not invent 1terabit internet?

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

Heck, why not invent 1terabit internet?

*terabyte

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

saw this on wccf

I built my first computer and made a HUGE mistake. I misunderstood where to put the thermal paste and I placed it (the whole tube) directly on the CPU pins. Is there any chance of saving my MB and CPU or are they pretty much toast at this point?

MB: MSI 970A-G43 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
CPU: AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W 6-Core Desktop Processor FD6300WMHKBOX

skVpBOs.jpg

buIy3vI.jpg

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2074665/built-computer-made-huge-mistake.html

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Oh now I don't feel so bad knowing it was a shit board and CPU

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Thought it would be fun to make a topic about, all of our experiences with all the people, who doesn't really understand all the tech. Note: Don't make this too harsh on them. You need to help them, not yell at them. I'll go first: So my mom has a daycare. And one day I am sitting on the floor with my laptop. And one of the kids, with real dirty hands come and put his hand on the screen. Guess he thought it was a touch screen. Still haven't gotten it off, and it was 3 months ago. My grandmother is scared of getting rid of the computer, because she thinks it will cut the power to her house.

Oh dear that sounds horrid

My school has hundrds of PCs ranging from core 2 duos, to i5-2400s, to i7-2600s, up until a i7-4790 ( many inbetween ) and they are mostly used for word documents. Dozens and dozens of iMacs also.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

My school has hundrds of PCs ranging from core 2 duos, to i5-2400s, to i7-2600s, up until a i7-4790 ( many inbetween ) and they are mostly used for word documents. Dozens and dozens of iMacs also.

how does any of that fits in the topic of "Experiences with non-techies" ???

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

how does any of that fits in the topic of "Experiences with non-techies" ???

School admins are usually disconnected from tech and tend to order stuff that are either underpowered, overpowered, or just plain horrible...

like how we still haven't disposed of the 2 dozen 1st gen atom desktops that we have... and how the admin officer refuses to deploy the new i5 4440 units because reasons... (even though all 3 IT professors explicitly requested them to deploy at the soonest time possible)

School admins are usually disconnected from tech and tend to order stuff that are either underpowered, overpowered, or just plain horrible...

like how we still haven't disposed of the 2 dozen 1st gen atom desktops that we have... and how the admin officer refuses to deploy the new i5 4440 units because reasons... (even though all 3 IT professors explicitly requested them to deploy at the soonest time possible)

My school has hundreds of PCs ranging from core 2 duos, to i5-2400s, to i7-2600s, up until a i7-4790 ( many in between ) and they are mostly used for word documents. Dozens and dozens of iMacs also.

Our school has desktops with i7s, 8gb of ram, and Quadro K620s for modeling. Everything else is macs.

LG G3 Vigor

Our School has desktops with i7s, 8gb of ram, and Quadros for modeling. Everything else is macs.

These are just what is in the hallways and computer rooms. No idea what the editing and/ film people use.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

These are just what is in the hallways and computer rooms. No idea what the editing and/ film people use.

Our computer rooms are all iMac laptops. All I use them for is F@H and maybe doing what I'm supposed to.

LG G3 Vigor

Our computer rooms are all iMac laptops. All I use them for is F@H and maybe doing what I'm supposed to.

We have a few all in one macs around. Maybe that are like 2-3ish years old.

A girl I knew asked me if I knew how to hack because her twitter account was stolen and wanted me to hack the hacker.  :blink:

Let me guess - her password was 1234567?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

A girl I knew asked me if I knew how to hack because her twitter account was stolen and wanted me to hack the hacker.  :blink:

Let me guess - her password was 1234567?

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2015/01/doh-the-25-most-popular-passwords-of-2015/

Just give all the passwords on this list a try. Can't hurt  :)

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some of those are obvious no-nos (123456 and qwerty for instance) but some (say monkey and baseball) how the ... , why are they popular?

People pick strange words as passwords, but for lots to pick "mustang" there must be something going on that I don't realise.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Some of those are obvious no-nos (123456 and qwerty for instance) but some (say monkey and baseball) how the ... , why are they popular?

People pick strange words as passwords, but for lots to pick "mustang" there must be something going on that I don't realise.

non-techie muscle car fans?

non-techie muscle car fans?

Are there enough of them to make "mustang" one of the 25 most popular passwords ?

Would have thought Gandalf or Pikachu or... would be more popular :P

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"