Experiences with non-techies

actually 2k is 2048x1080

also 5k (or 2.5k for that matter) doesn't exist.

all those "nk" resolutions come from the movie industries when they started to scan 35mm.

interesting read ;

http://www.edcf.net/edcf_docs/DCI%20and%20OTHER%20Film%20Formats.pdf

I will never understand why people refer to 5K as 5120x2880 then :P

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

same here, I don't understand the 2.5k either, people easily get confused by new terms in tech and most won't look into reasons for the naming (like how most people don't know Wi-Fi meands Wireless-Fidelity and was coined to "look and sound like" Hi-Fi for High-Fidelity)

same with 720p-1080p that refers to the vertical resolution while 2k and 4k refer to the horizontal resolution (2k = 2048, 4k=4096). People get these mixed up ALL the time!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Established, that thingy is connected to the net. Possible sign of malware if a process that isn't suppose to connect is, connected to the net. Need to look at pid to see what processes is it. See established pid, but don't see pid process , your rig is 110% infected.

So I have:

- 16 listening

- 36 established

- 4 TIME_WAIT

- 6 CLOSE_WAIT

Most of them are localhost, some of them are servers (most of them google servers), and others are just IP-s...

And wtf is PID? I can't find that.

lol 1k isn't even a term for a resolution

the closest to it is 1366x768 iirc

2k is 2048x1152 iirc

Sometimes it's easier to say "4k" or "5k" rather than 3840x2160 or 5120x2880. It's a mouthful.

Closest for 1K will be 1024x768

I have seen some person using the horizontal resolution instead of vertical resolution for saying the monitor resolution, like instead of saying 1080p, the subject is saying "1920p"... And this was on Twitch chat (with only 7 people in the chat, so stupidity shouldn't be big, right?). Their response: "1920p... 1080p... Same thing. I prefer 1920p"

And I know one should not expect intelligence to be found on Twitch chat.

Battle of the PP's then? My monitor has a bigger P than your P!

So it sound better, But 5K does not mean it's a good screen. You can have a 5K screen at 5160x140. Yeah good luck watching HD movies on that expensive bacon strip of a monitor of yours. Triple dang nabbit. :P

So I have:

- 16 listening

- 36 established

- 4 TIME_WAIT

- 6 CLOSE_WAIT

Most of them are localhost, some of them are servers (most of them google servers), and others are just IP-s...

PID= Process ID. it's a hidden column that you have to enable within task manager. Only have 2 established connections, firefox and antivirus program.

It's netstat -ano to show the list of pids

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Closest for 1K will be 1024x768 

ding ding ding!!!! And we have a winner! lol

For some time I really thought I was the only one who understood the "k" resolutions were multiple of 1024 AND horizontal pixel size instead of vertical!

HAYCH TEE TEE PEE COLON SLASH SLAH DOUBLE YOU DOUBLE YOU DOUBLE YOU DOT

*Aitch

Welcome to the 1337.bat file and resolution discussion thread?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

PID= Process ID. it's a hidden column that you have to enable within task manager. Only have 2 established connections, firefox and antivirus program.

It's netstat -ano to show the list of pids

Ok, thanks for explaining, It's seems like that the thing you are talking about is too complicated for me 2 understand.

ding ding ding!!!! And we have a winner! lol

For some time I really thought I was the only one who understood the "k" resolutions were multiple of 1024 AND horizontal pixel size instead of vertical!

K is just the vertical resolution not the horizontral so 4K is basically just referring to 4096.

Ok, thanks for explaining, It's seems like that the thing you are talking about is too complicated for me 2 understand.

Each process will have its own dedicated PID. Looking at task manager you should be able to find out which PID belongs to which process. If you see a PID with a established connection, but do not find that process PID in task manager, then it's a great chance there is something malicious running on your system. Process that's not suppose to have a established connection is also a sign of possible malware.

ex: On a system it has 3 established connections with PID of 1875, 574, and 9952. Taking a look at those PID in task manager 1875 belongs to Internet Explorer (that's obvious because your browsing the net), PID 574 belongs to Antivirus program (autoupate is enabled so that's that), but PID 9952 looks odd. You look at  task manger and don't see that process anywhere in that list or you see PID 9952 belongs to notepad.exe. You ask yourself, why would notepad.exe have a established connection to the internet? Time for a virus scan.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

K is just the vertical resolution not the horizontral so 4K is basically just referring to 4096.

Each process will have its own dedicated PID. Looking at task manager you should be able to find out which PID belongs to which process. If you see a PID with a established connection, but do not find that process PID in task manager, then it's a great chance there is something malicious running on your system. Process that's not suppose to have a established connection is also a sign of possible malware.

ex: On a system it has 3 established connections with PID of 1875, 574, and 9952. Taking a look at those PID in task manager 1875 belongs to Internet Explorer (that's obvious because your browsing the net), PID 574 belongs to Antivirus program (autoupate is enabled so that's that), but PID 9952 looks odd. You look at  task manger and don't see that process anywhere in that list or you see PID 9952 belongs to notepad.exe. You ask yourself, why would notepad.exe have a established connection to the internet? Time for a virus scan.

I was banging my head to the wall, because you were talking about some kind of PID in the task manager, that I just couldn't find all the time, than I accidentally open settings in task manager (where you can chosse what info it shows) and than I see PID box "unticked" (off). When I "ticked it" (turned it ON) I finally realized what u were talking about. lol :P

I have this process called Isass.exe and on this site http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/lsass.exe.html it says that its a windows security process. It says that the file is located under C:\Windows\System32 and if its not there and you have the process running, it can be a virus. The point is, that I can't find that file. Do you think its a virus then?

I don't understand....  :mellow:

she wants to connect all computers on internet but she doesn't want to follow the instructions. i'm far away from her location.

I was banging my head to the wall, because you were talking about some kind of PID in the task manager, that I just couldn't find all the time, than I accidentally open settings in task manager (where you can chosse what info it shows) and than I see PID box "unticked" (off). When I "ticked it" (turned it ON) I finally realized what u were talking about. lol :P

I have this process called Isass.exe and on this site http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/lsass.exe.html it says that its a windows security process. It says that the file is located under C:\Windows\System32 and if its not there and you have the process running, it can be a virus. The point is, that I can't find that file. Do you think its a virus then?

It's a possibility, but try to find that file first, it needs to be in C:\windows\system32.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

OH, to add this, one more thing....

Put netstat or netstat -a instead, everyone thinks I'm really hacking.....

something simple as type "cd.. , cls, dir" or type fast in DOS is enough to get people  thinking that you're a hacker.

open a edit and they go crazy.

something simple as type "cd.. , cls, dir" or type fast in DOS is enough to get people  thinking that you're a hacker.

open a edit and they go crazy.

If you open this, they go even more crazy:

So I opened this simple ''Matrix'' (.bat) program in school, that I wrote, and EVERYBODY was like: HE IS HACKING!!!!

Just copy this into notepad, save it, and than change the file from .txt into .bat

@Echo off

color 02

:start

echo %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random%%random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random%%random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random%

goto start

I was talking about 4k DCI = 4096x2160 ... 4096 beign the widht, so horizontal?

the K in here isn't the vertical resolution at all ... http://www.dcimovies.com/ they have a few PDFs explaining the whole thing, worth the read though frankly, it's a bit tedious.

I was talking about 4k DCI = 4096x2160 ... 4096 beign the widht, so horizontal?

the K in here isn't the vertical resolution at all ... http://www.dcimovies.com/ they have a few PDFs explaining the whole thing, worth the read though frankly, it's a bit tedious.

4096 width is vertical lines from left to right, not horizontal. 1920x1080 vs 1920x1200. Both have same number of vertical lines. One has 120 less horizontal lines than the other. Playing 1080P movie, The 1920x1200 monitor with more horizontal space (lines) will result in 2 black bars on the top and bottom.

http://tvcalculator.com/index.html?f68bfb8d76c49e9036b44419ae6292cd

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

4096 width is vertical lines from left to right, not horizontal. 1920x1080 vs 1920x1200. Both have same number of vertical lines. One has 120 less horizontal lines than the other. Playing 1080P movie, The 1920x1200 monitor with more horizontal space (lines) will result in 2 black bars on the top and bottom.

http://tvcalculator.com/index.html?f68bfb8d76c49e9036b44419ae6292cd

that's EXACTLY what I'm saying lolll

4096 is the number of vertical lines, those line are on the horizontal axis (width)

resolutions-ultra-hd-4k-1080p-720p-dvd.p

The logic is there, it could've been better explained.

not really. 

just because i launch minecraft from its launcher means im hacking?

just because i have a program that organizes and launches my games for me means im hacking? 

where is the logic. x'DDD 

Ceatra and Burgerbum...off-topic a little bit. Mind taking it to a private chat?

eh, its over. should we continue i'll crate a PM or a thread. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

eh, its over. should we continue i'll crate a PM or a thread. 

Maybe PM and then Start A threat...

edit: I mean a thread, lol a threat... xD

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

W H A T ... T H E ... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

tumblr_mch3jsaauq1r5f0tb.gif

My computer science teacher is a pile of poop.  I pretty much teach everyone in the class, the way he gets to google is by searching google, in google and clicking google.  

OH, to add this, one more thing....

Put netstat or netstat -a instead, everyone thinks I'm really hacking.....

Everyone thinks I'm hacking because I like linux.   Sure, allot of hackers use linux because of its capabilities, even compared to powershell. But, a hacker could as easily hack with Windows powershell and deploy an attack.  I'm of the mind that people who hack for trolls are noobs.   But, I'm ethical, meaning I'm probably not going to be a "hacker" but a network admin or something along those lines, however knowing how attacks work, and how to defend yourself is priceless in IT.  

You should also realise that no one is safe, not even me.  Security is constantly adapting, sadly at a slower rate than hacking.  Your best bet is to install patches, use a firewall and use a secured wireless or wired connection.  

So I have:

- 16 listening

- 36 established

- 4 TIME_WAIT

- 6 CLOSE_WAIT

You probably dont need to worry about this, unless you suspect malware.  Most crappy malware will be detected by antiviruses but use this if you think someone  has put something like a payload on  your computer.   That would be bad.  

PID stands for process ID.  If you open task manager you should see a little PID tab.  Which will tell you the identification number of the process.  This is so you can kill it remotley, or I guess also know what process is doing what inside of netstat.  

listening, established are the main ones in my eyes.  If you really want to see connections see Wirehshark, but netstat still offers a solid way of seeing connections coming in and out of windows.  Very useful for the still vulnerble ipv6 windows spam attack.  

What is this 1k 2k crap? Is it some technical gibberish new techies are trying to say. Just to make them look like, they know what they're talking about? Well does not, it just make them look stupid.

Got a 1080 screen, then just say 1080. 1440? Say the whole resolution 2560x1440 dang nabbit. And that all monitors supports progressive scan, so no point of saying p at the end of every number. Your monitor has a p,so does my monitor and everyone else's monitor. So stop b with p crap, double dang nabbit.

P stands for pixels on the vertical axis on a standard 16:9 Aspect Ratio (For HD. AR may vary below or above that). Would you like me to say "Yeah, my monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 on an aspect ratio of 16:9, which is considered FHD.", or "Yeah, my monitor has a resolution of 1080p"? Its just an abbreviation.

As for the 1k 2k "crap", the K is another way of saying how many pixels, but on a horizontal axis. So technically 1920x1080 resolution is 2k (rounding up 80p) since it has 1920 pixels on the horizontal axis. 1k isn't really a standard resolution, so isn't said often but translates to 1050x600 or something similar. But these are all real resolutions.

In my opinion, you look like the idiot here.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

ALRIGHT! Time to officially end this resolution madness!

0-480p = considered low definition or standard definition.

720p = HD

1080p = FHD/2K

1K Nonstandard res but does exist (not on standard monitors)

2K = 1080p (Rounding up 80p)/HD

2.5K = what is referred to as 2K/UHD (read my previous post about vertical vs. horizontal)

3K = Nonstandard res but does exist

4K = SUHD/standard resolution used for multiple monitor (usually 3) setup

5K = Nonstandard res but does exist (Mac 5k retina for example)

6K = SUHD/nonstandard resolution used for multiple monitor setup

7K Extremely rare as a base setup for a monitor but not nonexistant

8K = Requires a beast of a machine to power but not nonexistant

9K+ = In the far off future

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

Everyone thinks I'm hacking because I like linux.   Sure, allot of hackers use linux because of its capabilities, even compared to powershell. But, a hacker could as easily hack with Windows powershell and deploy an attack.  I'm of the mind that people who hack for trolls are noobs.   But, I'm ethical, meaning I'm probably not going to be a "hacker" but a network admin or something along those lines, however knowing how attacks work, and how to defend yourself is priceless in IT. 

lol yeah, my friends also think I'm a hacker just because I use Linux.

I want to install something, I use

sudo apt-get install ______

My friends be like...

ER554xR_700wa_0.gif

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

P stands for pixels on the vertical axis on a standard 16:9 Aspect Ratio (For HD. AR may vary below or above that). Would you like me to say "Yeah, my monitor has a resolution of 1920x1080 on an aspect ratio of 16:9, which is considered FHD.", or "Yeah, my monitor has a resolution of 1080p"? Its just an abbreviation.

As for the 1k 2k "crap", the K is another way of saying how many pixels, but on a horizontal axis. So technically 1920x1080 resolution is 2k (rounding up 80p) since it has 1920 pixels on the horizontal axis. 1k isn't really a standard resolution, so isn't said often but translates to 1050x600 or something similar. But these are all real resolutions.

In my opinion, you look like the idiot here.

P stands for progressive scan not pixels as old HDTV don't support 1080P but only 1080i which stands for interlaced. If you think P stands for pixles, then you have a lot more to learn about monitors and resolutions. A 1920x1080 monitor will have over 2 million pixels, not just 1080pixels. Also your other post about 2K being 1080P...

Occasionally, 1080p (Full HD or FHD) has been included into the 2K resolution definition. However, this appears to be incorrect consumer assumption, rather than official inclusion into the resolution terminology. Older and current media, web content, and books on video production, cinema references and definitions, define 1080P and 2K resolutions as separate definitions and not the same.

1080p has the same vertical resolution as 2K Resolutions (1080 pixels), and 1080p can be utilized within the 2K resolution container. However 1080p has a smaller horizontal resolution below the ranged of 2K resolution formats.

According to official reference material, DCI and industry standards do not officially recognize 1080p as a 2K resolution in literature concerning 2K and 4K resolution.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Today on Today on Yahoo Answers:

yahoo.png

Maybe I should've replied with "jadensmith.jpg" xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||