Experiences with non-techies

A classmate's computer stopped working it was the office computer from his mom.

He asked me to fix it I opened the case to see a Z77 mobo with a nice i7 2600k, 8gb of ram and stock cooling :o in a so called office pc. Guess what it had a shitty 800w psu that bit the dust.

And no he did not build that one himself his parents bought it at a local shop.

I told them this pc is a beast but they were like yeah whatever it works and is fast.

No discrete card?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

i bought a dell when i wanted a gaming rig

Me too! Well, almost

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

2k is 1080p...

No...

2.5k is 1440p

1k is 1080p

nope ... big big big big nope!!!!!

100% wrong

272.gif

Damn...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K_resolution

At least do research or maybe read my other replies before you try and correct me (:

Love the 1k thing, he actually posted that in the perfect thread! :D

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

No...

2.5k is 1440p

1k is 1080p

Bro...1K would be like 720p if not less. The K (1K, 2K, etc.) refers to how many pixels on the horizontal axis on a 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen. But when you say something like 1080p, 720p, 480p, etc. it means the vertical axis. His point was that 1920x1080 resolution is so close to the 2048x1080 that it might as well be considered 1080p as you can't really tell the difference. 2K was just adapted as the term for 1440p (and 1080p for, well, 1080p), though it is more like 2.5K (and 2K).

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

So I opened this simple ''Matrix'' (.bat) program in school, that I wrote, and EVERYBODY was like: HE IS HACKING!!!!

Just copy this into notepad, save it, and than change the file from .txt into .bat

@Echo off

color 02

:start

echo %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random%%random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random%%random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random% %random%

goto start

my god this is beautiful. 

is there a way to get some text in there? 

like random, 

''loading the matrix''

''hacking into the mainframe''

kinda crap? i'd love it if it would slow down a bit too, so people can get a short glance at the words before teh line is replaced by the next. make it more convincing. xP 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Bro...1K would be like 720p if not less. The K (1K, 2K, etc.) refers to how many pixels on the horizontal axis on a 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen. But when you say something like 1080p, 720p, 480p, etc. it means the vertical axis. His point was that 1920x1080 resolution is so close to the 2048x1080 that it might as well be considered 1080p as you can't really tell the difference. 2K was just adapted as the term for 1440p (and 1080p for, well, 1080p), though it is more like 2.5K (and 2K).

i always loved it when people looked at a 1440p screen and said soemthing like ''quadHD? no. thats 4K. this is wrong''

they seem to forget that 720p is HD and 1080p is fullHD. 

ultraHD is techincally ''quad-fullHD''

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

supporting a hipster trend.

some people just like OSX better and dont care. xP 

but yeah the whole choosing tech because its popular is stupid. 

my friend caleb asked me for the best audiophile headphones for around 500$, and he said he woudl get them along with some beats. 

because he needs headphones for just style. 

wat. 

ikr. 

whatever bloats his goat i guess. 

-Jim Hensen

my friend caleb asked me for the best audiophile headphones for around 500$, and he said he woudl get them along with some beats. 

because he needs headphones for just style. 

Well he's recognizing it as a fashion accessory.

A classmate's computer stopped working it was the office computer from his mom.

He asked me to fix it I opened the case to see a Z77 mobo with a nice i7 2600k, 8gb of ram and stock cooling :o  in a so called office pc. Guess what it had a shitty 800w psu that bit the dust.

And no he did not build that one himself his parents bought it at a local shop.

I told them this pc is a beast but they were like yeah whatever it works and is fast.

i have a feeling this is how my friend joe is. 

he knows his family pc has a ''really good proccesor'' 

and with his friend circle i can pretty much assume its a mid tier i5 or higher. :/ 

i wanna get my hands on that computer ASAP... see whats under the hood. 

my buddy keeps buying these shit futureshop/best buy machines then upgrading the psu and throwing a gpu in and its a nightmare when he has driver issues since they use these shit foxconn boards with NO drivers on their site...the model isnt even listed on the damn site.

thats the problem with prebuilts. 

nothing is garunteed. 

-Jim Hensen

Well he's recognizing it as a fashion accessory.

true. 

his dad is an apple user. 

nothing wrong with that. 

he says he doesnt mind other people not using apple either. 

cool cool. 

doenst let his kids have non-apple devices at all. drills into thier heads that apple is superior in every way no matter the circumstances. 

so when caleb is talking about photo editing and i offer to build him a new workstation he says he already has a mac mini. ;~; 

-Jim Hensen

true. 

his dad is an apple user. 

nothing wrong with that. 

he says he doesnt mind other people not using apple either. 

cool cool. 

doenst let his kids have non-apple devices at all. drills into thier heads that apple is superior in every way no matter the circumstances. 

so when caleb is talking about photo editing and i offer to build him a new workstation he says he already has a mac mini. ;~; 

I think his dad is possesd, maybe Steve Jobs is in him?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

like random, 

''loading the matrix''

kinda crap? i'd love it if it would slow down a bit too, so people can get a short glance at the words before teh line is replaced by the next. make it more convincing. xP 

Something like this???

NOTE: SAVE YOUR WORK BEFORE DOING THIS!!!

I WARNED YOU :D

@[member=Echo] off  color 02 echo hacking....PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 3000 >NUL echo DONE!PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 3000 >NUL  echo Sending info to master!PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 3000 >NUL echo Restarting!shutdown -r -t 5  pause >nul

the PING line is for the delay, 1.1.1.1 is a invalid IP of course

@[member=Echo] off  color 02 CLS ECHO Hackingping 10.0.0.1 -n 1 -w 500 >NUL  CLS ECHO Hacking.ping 10.0.0.1 -n 1 -w 500 >NUL  CLS ECHO Hacking..ping 10.0.0.1 -n 1 -w 500 >NUL  CLS ECHO Hacking...ping 10.0.0.1 -n 1 -w 500 >NUL  CLS ECHO Hackingping 10.0.0.1 -n 1 -w 500 >NUL  CLS ECHO Hacking.ping 10.0.0.1 -n 1 -w 500 >NUL  CLS ECHO Hacking..ping 10.0.0.1 -n 1 -w 500 >NUL  CLS ECHO Hacking...ping 10.0.0.1 -n 1 -w 500 >NUL   echo DONE!PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 3000 >NUL  echo Sending info to master!PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 3000 >NUL echo Restarting!shutdown -r -t 5  pause >nul

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

shutdown -r -t 5

58372419.jpg

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

58372419.jpg

:P 

That's why I sayed to save your work!

though, it will acctally restart the computer (-r) in 5 seconds (-t 5)

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

like random,

''loading the matrix''

Sorry, I dont know how to add text in there, you would probably need to make a more complicated script for that kind of thing.

But I do know how to make a cool "fake virus" prank:

Sorry, I dont know how to add text in there, you would probably need to make a more complicated script for that kind of thing.

Something like this???

NOTE: SAVE YOUR WORK BEFORE DOING THIS!!!

I WARNED YOU :D

@[member=Echo] off  color 02 echo hacking....PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 3000 >NUL echo DONE!PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 3000 >NUL  echo Sending info to master!PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 3000 >NUL echo Restarting!shutdown -r -t 5  pause >nul

the PING line is for the delay, 1.1.1.1 is a invalid IP of course

Try mine, though put // at shutdown if you don't want to shut down your PC

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

bad_joke.gif

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Cool gif though...

TY

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"