Experiences with non-techies

I was helping her for like 15 minutes, then I gave up due to lack of time (and she didn't bother with it either. The scanning wasn't all that important and even taking a simple photo of it would've been enough for their needs).

Yeah, I was talking more about the OS situation :) If the laptop can run newer OS of course. 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

My friend bought an Acer Predator G3 "Le GAMING PC" Guess what it has an i7-4790K WITH an R9 255... He says he runs FAR CRY 4 at max "smoothly"... 20 FPS Min and 25 Max.... Looks like the " Cinematic feeling" works for him :P

well I guess cinematic framerate is 24fps so I guess hes right there if you want to be literal.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

well I guess cinematic framerate is 24fps so I guess hes right there if you want to be literal.

He could steal the cpu and replace it with an i3 and that person wouldn't think anything was changed. xD

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Well, I saw something strange in Maplin today.

So this salesman was selling these two old folks a Logitech mechanical keyboard designed for gaming with several macro keys. While what he was saying was technically correct, I can't really say that I advocate selling old folks a mechanical keyboard like that for day to day use - Especially considering its cost.

Although, it would be just as unethical to advise the old people against the sale as the man has a job and needs to get a certain amount of sales in order to keep that job so I found myself at odd ends. Would hate to have been the old people though.

Hey, at least they'll have nothing to complain about the experience ^^ they may overspend a bit since they don't need a lot of the features, but they most certainly won't be getting a worse experience than membrane...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No, it's when you cover the desktop in clocks.

Bit late (hur hur), but...

Overclocking:

angtft.gif

He could steal the cpu and replace it with an i3 and that person wouldn't think anything was changed. xD

That could almost make it a ''balanced build'' :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Me to bestbuy "Hey I need a good gaming desktop" "We have this beast right here with a powerful i3 processor and a nvidia 1GB video card" This is the reason i dont go to Best Buy to buy anything anymore

That vaguely reminds me of this hilarious video:

:D

I'm just hoping those scrubs don't indicate he wants to become a vascular surgeon. He would be horrible at it

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

Person insisted that the radiator on the r9 295x2 was in fact a separate PSU... 

Also thinks a nonexistent 12-core i7 would get him more FPS in battlefield...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

My brother told me overclocking is one of the worst things you can do to you "CPU." By CPU, he meant computer, not processor. While his claim isn't entirely false, because it CAN be risky, if you do it responsibly and cautiously, you SHOULD be fine (from what I've seen. Never actually overclocked anything other than a video card).

Sounds like a person in my neighborhood >.>  Says any overclocking will always result in BSODs and that if you OC the OC and the bus clock have to match >.>

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Slowly converting my friends, still hopeless doe

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

That vaguely reminds me of this hilarious video:

:D

This is gold. Especially since I've worked as an electrician, this is just pure gold.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

so I turned off my mums Ipad because she leaves tv playing on it 24/7 which really annoys me. A few mins later she is calling me for the charger because the battery is apparently low... it isn't I just checked. So I say to her its charged to which she replies no it's dying the little apple logo has a chunk missing :o true story.

Also people that still use IE.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Me to bestbuy "Hey I need a good gaming desktop" "We have this beast right here with a powerful i3 processor and a nvidia 1GB video card" This is the reason i dont go to Best Buy to buy anything anymore

A very good friend of mine did that. She got an HP with a GTX 745 and either an i3 or i5 for $600 as her gaming PC. She told me on the day she got it that it runs games really well. Well she is used to playing on consoles and the only game she had on steam at the time was Transistor which is the opposite of demanding.

My grandmother thought her monitor was her computer. I had to explain to her what that black box sitting on the floor was.

she's obviously tech savy and just though she was working on a mac :P 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

My chemistry teacher took 45 minutes of our 1 hour class to plug her laptop into the TV and play a 5 minute YouTube video.

Why?

imagine every issue possible.

and then add stubbornness and constantly staring over and asking if we can plug her "New iphone 7" into the tv so she could do it that way.

She lies a bunch to sound smart.

At one point we stopped helping her. Why? Because fuck chemistry.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

My chemistry teacher took 45 minutes of our 1 hour class to plug her laptop into the TV and play a 5 minute YouTube video.

Why?

and then add stubbornness and constantly staring over and asking if we can plug her "New iphone 7" into the tv so she could do it that way.

At that rate, im not suprised if one day he would jab the hdmi cable in the tv screen.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

this was an extremely cringy post of mine so I changed it

you're welcome

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Here's a funny one:

A secretary (female) working in her office called the IT-support of her company and told them, that her PC always restarts when she picks up a phone.

The IT-Supporter had no idea what she meant and went over to her office to see what she meant. He checked all kinds of stuff and couldn't find anything wrong.

So he told the secretary to call him again if it happens again. A few hours later she calls him again and tells him it happened again. With absolutely no clue what was going on here

the supporter went back to her office to check again. And again he could not find anything wrong and could not reproduce what she was saying (he even picked up the phone, ...).

He told her that he will stay at her office and watch what happens when she picks up the phone when she gets a call. So she got a call and the PC reset. The supporter had no idea why this is happening when she picks up the phone, but not when he does. After another call he finally saw why this was happening:

The secretary had some peaky shows on, and everytime when turned in her chair to reach the phone, the point of her shoe hit the reset button of the PC...

and, I got another funny one (and classic) one:

I was invented over to a friend of mine to game on his so "awesome" and overpriced alien ware PC.

He then told me that the PC always turns off after around 30minutes of gaming and resets. As I was pretty new to the whole hardware world of PC at that time I had never experienced this before.

I told him to show me this. So he started up a game and after 30minutes it just reset.

I went into the Bios and noticed that the CPU temperatur was at 100°C which I knew was far too high for just hanging around in the BIOS.

We then opened his computer case and well, the whole PC was full with dust (like some of those worst case scenarios you see on the internet).

After cleaning that out the PC worked again with normal temperatures.

My beast (PC):

• ASUS R.O.G. Rampage IV Black Edition, X79, LGA2011, AC4
  • 2x ASUS Fury X
  • Intel Core i7 4930K BOX (LGA 2011, 3.40GHz) OC @4.4GHz
  • Corsair H100i, CPU Cooler (240mm)
  • Samsung SSD 830 Series (512GB)
  • Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB
  • Western Digital 512GB HDD
  • TridentX 4x 8GB 2400MHz
  • Corsair Obsidian 900D

Here's a funny one:

A secretary (female) working in her office called the IT-support of her company and told them, that her PC always restarts when she picks up a phone.

The IT-Supporter had no idea what she meant and went over to her office to see what she meant. He checked all kinds of stuff and couldn't find anything wrong.

So he told the secretary to call him again if it happens again. A few hours later she calls him again and tells him it happened again. With absolutely no clue what was going on here

the supporter went back to her office to check again. And again he could not find anything wrong and could not reproduce what she was saying (he even picked up the phone, ...).

He told her that he will stay at her office and watch what happens when she picks up the phone when she gets a call. So she got a call and the PC reset. The supporter had no idea why this is happening

when she picks up the phone, but not when he does. After another call he finally saw why this was happening:

The secretary had some peaky shows on, and everytime when turned in her chair to reach the phone, the point of her shoe hit the reset button of the PC...

and, I got another funny one (and classic) one:

I was invented over to a friend of mine to game on his so "awesome" and overpriced alien ware PC.

He then told me that the PC always turns off after around 30minutes of gaming and resets. As I was pretty new to the whole hardware world of PC at that time I had never experienced this before.

I told him to show me this. So he started up a game and after 30minutes it just reset.

I went into the Bios and noticed that the CPU temperatur was at 100°C which I knew was far too high for just hanging around in the BIOS.

We then opened his computer case and well, the whole PC was full with dust (like some of those worst case scenarios you see on the internet).

After cleaning that out the PC worked again with normal temperatures.

sorry but I just had to post this

LR8ZoQw_700wa_0.gif

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Why?

My Chem teacher has his smartboard hooked up to his laptop in a dual screen scenario. I was literally the only one in my class that could use it without any sort of effort when we had to do presentations.  

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.