Experiences with non-techies

Windows 7 is what Windows Vista was planned to be....

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

When I wrote that earlier today, I didn't know about the single USB port or that the core M is that underpowered... 1.1 GHz... What the fuck were they thinking?!

They were thinking people will still buy it... I could already point you a couple of forum members that would if they had the money.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

actually she's sort of right, and totally wrong. CRT produce a metric shit ton of electrons. (for those uninformed beta radiation is actually positrons, same particle, just reversed polarity)

It's contained in the picture tube by a coating of ionised strontium.....And no venting the room won't do a thing.

CRT monitors use electrons guns to display images with with a flouresecent display. The guns themselves make alot of radiation but theres a thick coat of lead glass so its not easy to break and it blocks most radiation.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

Dude, Vista was just ahead of its time and a little poorly optimised.

Yeah your right. Vista just was unoptimised and it required faster hardware because most people didnt have these newer PC's that could handle it. But, it was very intutitve and therefore ahead of its time.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

Oh god, this thread is my life. My highlight from today was "I've made my taskbar disappear".

I walked over and hit F11 to take her internet explorer window off full screen... and boom there it was. "Oh, how did you do that?"

...I hate my colleagues.

She knows that the bar at the bottom of the screen is called a taskbar. Sounds like a win to me. :P

Dude, Vista was just ahead of its time and a little poorly optimised.

Remember the beta Longhorn? It wasn't that close to Vista besides it using Aero. It was pretty much XP running Aero with a couple added features.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

That moment... when the "technician" in charge of the University's PCs says that they suspend activity automatically because of the university installed system and not the widows feature. I asked -specifically- about that, and she assured me of the answer.....

And guess what, anyone can go onto control panel and change the time needed for suspension to "never", as it requires no admin privileges. And as suspected, it's windows' doing. Among other thingies..... tehehehe...... :ph34r:

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I remember, I tried telling my old clan mate that a GT 610M 2GB would perform worse than a GT 630M 1GB. He insisted that his real life friend knows more about computers than I do, and that the additional VRAM will offer more power.

I let him buy the laptop, and a few months later, I told him to disable the video card and run the integrated Intel HD 4000. His average framerates went up.

The GT 610M is actually weaker than integrated solutions, and he refused to believe me. I also told him to never listen to his friend for computer advice. 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Friend likes things with highest number, he has a super shit i7 running at stock thinks it better than my overclocked i5-4690k

and thinks his gtx 960 is better than my GTX 780 

No one at school can figure out how to turn off my LG G3 because the buttons are on the back.

A fellow LG G3 user :)

No one at school can figure out how to turn off my LG G3 because the buttons are on the back.

Got to admit it took me a bit to figure out that the buttons are on the back when I was checking out my brother's G3 for the first time ;) I still don't like the design decision though :P

I remember, I tried telling my old clan mate that a GT 610M 2GB would perform worse than a GT 630M 1GB. He insisted that his real life friend knows more about computers than I do, and that the additional VRAM will offer more power.

I let him buy the laptop, and a few months later, I told him to disable the video card and run the integrated Intel HD 4000. His average framerates went up.

The GT 610M is actually weaker than integrated solutions, and he refused to believe me. I also told him to never listen to his friend for computer advice. 

Ok, you know your manufacturer's an idiot when they put in a discrete card that's WORSE than the integrated GPU.....

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Ok, you know your manufacturer's an idiot when they put in a discrete card that's WORSE than the integrated GPU.....

someone put a GeForce 7600 GT in an ASUS M5A87L. :I the onboard is a AMD 760G

damn near triple maybe quad the power? the reason he bought the card ( for 76$ no less)  is because. and i quote " my card is only a 760. i if i get a 7600! it should be 100 times stronger!"

and i just facepalmed so hard i damn near broke my nose.

"1 shot 1 kill. or in my case 500 shots and a questionable death" ~ Carlos Hathcock + Ryouichi

"Because its windows... it just happens..." ~ G33k 4 L1F3

My Build....sorta. close enough http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YMG4mG

You know a consumer's a non techie if they buy a GeForce 210 for gaming...

-snip-

So this mean the FX-9590 is better because "It has HIGHER numbers"

Those non-techies....  <_<

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

So this mean the FX-9590 is better because "It has HIGHER numbers"

Those non-techies....  <_<

yes exactly c: the gtx 970 isnt very good ITS ONLY 970

"1 shot 1 kill. or in my case 500 shots and a questionable death" ~ Carlos Hathcock + Ryouichi

"Because its windows... it just happens..." ~ G33k 4 L1F3

My Build....sorta. close enough http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YMG4mG

The Intel HD3000 will totally blow that one out of the water!! /s

970RPM aren't that bad, 980RPM aren't bad too... but... 7970RPM, DIZ IS BLATING FAHST!!!

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

someone put a GeForce 7600 GT in an ASUS M5A87L. :I the onboard is a AMD 760G

damn near triple maybe quad the power? the reason he bought the card ( for 76$ no less)  is because. and i quote " my card is only a 760. i if i get a 7600! it should be 100 times stronger!"

and i just facepalmed so hard i damn near broke my nose.

What's his reasoning for 100x stronger? Can't be the math. <_<

970RPM aren't that bad, 980RPM aren't bad too... but... 7970RPM, DIZ IS BLATING FAHST!!!

so that 9800 GTX is the fastest card on earth? :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

You know a consumer's a non techie if they buy a GeForce 210 for gaming...

Don't know my Zotac GT210 is pretty good.

jk

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I cry internally whenever I see someone still using Windows XP. Externally when they think it's still good enough.

Some PC in my Office still using XP with integrated graphics and 80Gb HDD

so that 9800 GTX is the fastest card on earth? :D

Dude, they look so powerful!!! HOLY SHIT 512MB VRAM! THAT'S A HIGH NUMBER!!!

Why did AMD make the R7 and R9 2xx series if it's worse than their last. 295x2 = 590, but it isn't higher then 7990 and 8990.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.