Experiences with non-techies

Side note: what is this Gild option I see at the bottom of my posts?

I've been wondering about that as well. it's not like reddit gilding where you gild someone else as I can't see it at the bottom of your post but I can see it at the bottom of mine.

It's all in the advertising :P

I haven't seen many Android Phone/Tablet adds that actually mention the word android though lately... Maybe that's why...

Also Shield FTW

I want a Tegra X1 phone that runs android at 4K. I would be happy.

You are right. But even less Windows Phone. Nokia, your bombshelling it.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

my Grandma she went out and bought new laptop and she got totally ripped off. the guy at staples made her buy a I5 with 8 gb of ram (shes only gunna check emails and browse the web) we went back and returned it for a $200 toshiba with a pentium with 4 gb of ram. it works. the guy felt really bad for making her buy a $500 laptop that they gave us a $50 instore credit.

My advice is to go computer shopping with your mom, dad , grandparents so they don't come home with a razer blade when all they need is a simple pc to check emails and stuff

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

my Grandma she went out and bought new laptop and she got totally ripped off. the guy at staples made her buy a I5 with 8 gb of ram (shes only gunna check emails and browse the web) we went back and returned it for a $200 toshiba with a pentium with 4 gb of ram. it works. the guy felt really bad for making her buy a $500 laptop that they gave us a $50 instore credit.

My advice is to go computer shopping with your mom, dad , grandparents so they don't come home with a razer blade when all they need is a simple pc to check emails and stuff

Sometimes they just don't listen to you though.

My dad was looking to get a new laptop a while back (I think it was early last year actually...). He ends up buying a £1k+ Sony VAIO with an i7 with a touchscreen that's also a hybrid (keyboard slides out from the back of what otherwise looks like a tablet). Keyboard isn't terrible for a laptop but the trackpad is absolutely dreadful. I suppose they expect you to make use of the touchscreen in place of the mouse but he doesn't do that so it's a complete waste.

<html>

<facedesk>

<facepalm>

</facedesk>

</facepalm>

</html>

<html>

<facedesk>

<facepalm>

</facepalm>

</facedesk>

</html>

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up

<html>

<facedesk>

<facepalm>

</facepalm>

</facedesk>

</html>

Is facepalming inside a facedesk even possible? If so how would that work?

Shouldn't it be

<html>

<div id="facedesk">

<p>Splat</p>

</div>

<div id="facepalm">

<p>Slap</p>

</div>

</html>

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

Shouldn't it be

<html>

<div id="facedesk">

<p>Splat</p>

</div>

<div id="facepalm">

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up

Shouldn't it be

<html>

<div id="facedesk">

<p>Splat</p>

</div>

<div id="facepalm">

<p>Slap</p>

</div>

</html>

Oh god, I've forgotten what <div> does....

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Shouldn't it be

<html>

<div id="facedesk">

<p>Splat</p>

</div>

<div id="facepalm">

<p>Slap</p>

</div>

</html>

Semantics.

Oh god, I've forgotten what <div> does....

Weird how I know HTML better than English and I forgot what <div> does as well.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Weird how I know HTML better than English and I forgot what <div> does as well.

A div container...?

It's been like 4 months for me but I'm jogging the memory a bit :P

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have a friend who calls himself an "Apple fanboy" he says that he just likes "everything they make" and literally doesn't know anything about apple or their products, and he gets all of his info from some youtubers that play COD. This is a guy who's never used a Mac, owned an iPhone, or the latest product from one of Apple's line ups.

PC Specs: i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, HyperX Red 16Gb (4x4), Define R5, EVGA G2 750, Samsung 850 Evo 120gb + WD Blue 1TB, MSI TF5 GTX 970.

Peripherals: 1 x Asus VX239H, Logitech G502, Masterkeys Pro S, Superlux HD668B.

I have a friend who calls himself an "Apple fanboy" he says that he just likes "everything they make" and literally doesn't know anything about apple or their products, and he gets all of his info from some youtubers that play COD. This is a guy who's never used a Mac, owned an iPhone, or the latest product from one of Apple's line ups.

Wut? How can he be a fanboy if he hasn't used their products?

Non-techies make no sense. <_<

Wut? How can he be a fanboy if he hasn't used their products?

Non-techies make no sense. <_<

He likes how it "looks"...

PC Specs: i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, HyperX Red 16Gb (4x4), Define R5, EVGA G2 750, Samsung 850 Evo 120gb + WD Blue 1TB, MSI TF5 GTX 970.

Peripherals: 1 x Asus VX239H, Logitech G502, Masterkeys Pro S, Superlux HD668B.

Can't tell the difference :P  

52L0dOL.jpg

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Today my dad asked me to help him with his Mac, because ads keep popping up. I look into it, and he somehow has malware and viruses that aren't even possible to get on a mac. I have no idea how.

I've had Macs with "Windows-exclusive" viruses before. It's not uncommon. There's actually a virus out there that manimpulates one single bit of Mac OS X and forces it to uninstall itself. There's another that, when you plug in a modified ThunderBolt flash drive (has to be custom built, sadly), it wipes the drive clean as soon as it is recognized by the computer. Both have yet to be patched.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Been doing IT support for 15 years and a few weeks back heard one that I almost fell off my Chair when I read it.

Large company (500-100) and someone created a support ticket asking "DO WE HAVE ANY WHITE TONER?"  :blink:

----------------

Only as old as you game!!

Gaming since PONG invented in '70s

Been doing IT support for 15 years and a few weeks back heard one that I almost fell off my Chair when I read it.

Large company (500-100) and someone created a support ticket asking "DO WE HAVE ANY WHITE TONER?"  :blink:

How else do you expect to print white letters on coloured paper?

How else do you expect to print white letters on coloured paper?

You know what, I hadn't thought of that! Though who uses coloured paper and white lettering?

I can imagine they're using comic sans as well....

There is more stuff like this on reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport.

however, now to my story. I work for a IT company at mulitple locations and one of these we have to deal with patrons, the most dreaded job. It's at a library and we have to make tickets with pin numbers to sign in, and they always ask for help with really simple things and it requires a lot of patience. However, some make me realize why there's directions on poptarts. Here it is: Lady at the library for my job, asks me to go over and help her so I oblige.

"Why do you guys have this bing thing? this is illegal according to the freedom of choice act of 1972" me: "It's just a search engine, you can use google if you want, just type google" her: "It's Illegal for you guys to do this" me: "Uh no it's not, you have the choice to use google, just search for it...." her: "Yeah but it searches through bing" me: "Until you click on google and search through google" her: "This is illegal and your job sucks, I feel sorry for you and this illegal business" me: "If you have no further questions I have to leave. Thanks, have a good day."

I just posted it to facebook on thursday haha. I have a ton of stories like this.

There is more stuff like this on reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport.

however, now to my story. I work for a IT company at mulitple locations and one of these we have to deal with patrons, the most dreaded job. It's at a library and we have to make tickets with pin numbers to sign in, and they always ask for help with really simple things and it requires a lot of patience. However, some make me realize why there's directions on poptarts. Here it is: Lady at the library for my job, asks me to go over and help her so I oblige.

"Why do you guys have this bing thing? this is illegal according to the freedom of choice act of 1972" me: "It's just a search engine, you can use google if you want, just type google" her: "It's Illegal for you guys to do this" me: "Uh no it's not, you have the choice to use google, just search for it...." her: "Yeah but it searches through bing" me: "Until you click on google and search through google" her: "This is illegal and your job sucks, I feel sorry for you and this illegal business" me: "If you have no further questions I have to leave. Thanks, have a good day."

I just posted it to facebook on thursday haha. I have a ton of stories like this.

-snip-

Go ahead, post them :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Can't tell the difference :P  

52L0dOL.jpg

OH GOD! Turn it off!! Get it away, it's too horrible!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!