Experiences with non-techies

I love when I see douchebags walking around with beats headphones draped on they're necks. Audio Technica M50's sound much better. Wasting 300 USD on a piece of 10 dollar speaker quality with a fancy box is stupid. I really almost feel sorry for them. more less they're ears and the sad wallets.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

I love when I see douchebags walking around with beats headphones draped on they're necks. Audio Technica M50's sound much better. Wasting 300 USD on a piece of 10 dollar speaker quality with a fancy box is stupid. I really almost feel sorry for them. more less they're ears and the sad wallets.

It sucks. But marketing 101 dictates that they will not change their mind as the headphones are endorsed by many, many popular artists and these endorsements take priority over technical quality in the minds of the consumers. Therefore, you can cringe all you want, but the consumer loves shiny shit and that means that they will always end up taking the Beats headphones over a wonderful pair of ATH-M50Xs. 

Although, I heard that the latest Beats models are an improvement on their predecessors despite still not being worth their pricepoint.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Its not even the OP in the thread that makes me post this is another user.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/328199-fx-8350-overclock-with-990fx-chipset

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

This is gold....

Actually...

*Begins going insane and starts chasing people with a stick of ram*

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Saw that my shop teacher's laptop was running XP. For some reason I thought out loud and said "Geez, I remember how XP was. Probably time to upgrade past XP though."

My shop teacher chimed in: "What's wrong with it?! It's perfectly fine! Microsoft hasn't made anything better since!"

I mentioned 7 to him.

"No, it's not as good as XP!" Keep in mind that the school has upgraded every computer that had XP previously to 7 since they can't afford the updates. He's literally running a ticking time bomb as an OS because he wants to...

I tried to explain to him why you should never connect a PC running XP to the internet but he was just like no.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Saw that my shop teacher's laptop was running XP. For some reason I thought out loud and said "Geez, I remember how XP was. Probably time to upgrade past XP though."

My shop teacher chimed in: "What's wrong with it?! It's perfectly fine! Microsoft hasn't made anything better since!"

I mentioned 7 to him.

"No, it's not as good as XP!" Keep in mind that the school has upgraded every computer that had XP previously to 7 since they can't afford the updates. He's literally running a ticking time bomb as an OS because he wants to...

I tried to explain to him why you should never connect a PC running XP to the internet but he was just like no.

Whenever I end up in situations like that I try to turn it around and get them to justify their opinion, then pick it apart. :P

Recently showed my cousin my new keyboard (Ducky Mini Cherry MX Blacks). He says " Really? that is such a stupid keyboard, everyone knows that the laptop style (he said that not chicklet) are the best. Your computer knowledge ends at that keyboard which is so much worse than you Razer Deathstakler."

I can't even

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

lol i used to have one of those

I got a question. What resultion did you run at? My Wii ran at 480i.

I got a question. What resultion did you run at? My Wii ran at 480i.

Was it the special edition, with the black PCB ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

So this mean the FX-9590 is better because "It has HIGHER numbers"

Those non-techies....  <_<

HIGHER NUMBERS.

MORE WATTAGE = 100% MORE PERFORMANCE.

Sig under construction.

HIGHER NUMBERS.

MORE WATTAGE = 100% MORE PERFORMANCE.

U GUESS IT!!!

AND THE MORE CORES THE MORE BETTER!!!

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

U GUESS IT!!!

AND THE MORE CORES THE MORE BETTER!!!

Might as well list specs in number of transistors on device...

Might as well list specs in number of transistors on device...

Did you know that through most of the history of computers the number of transistors on a cpu has scaled roughly with it's performance (in million instructions per second)?

source:https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=tgZIBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA99&dq=ratio+of+transistors+to+MIPS&hl=en&sa=X&ei=nnEFVcikOoWU7QaC3ID4Bg&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=ratio%20of%20transistors%20to%20MIPS&f=false

So if there is the number of transistors on the box then it will be a good way to tell how powerful a CPU is at a glance.

One of my friends

Thought he was fully capable of downloading RAM :(

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

This post on reddit titled "CPU".

CPU =/= Computer.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/2z3bed/cpu/

I think it looks like the Underside of a CPU.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Well, his gem happened to me during Personal Social Health Education day at my school, a year ago.

We had cards with famous people on it. We got to pick two of them. I picked Flea and Linus Torvalds (not you, Linus. Sorry.)

Mine:

- Linus Torvalds (nobody knows who he is)

- Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers guy, nobody knows who he is)

- Some sports people that get paid for advertising energy drinks.

- Clint Eastwood (nobody knows who he is)

So we had to describe them using yes/no answers and we were allowed a hint. My hint for Clint Eastwood? "Famous Western-film hero". I did for Flea "most well known member of the Red-Hot-Chili-Peppers. Someone got all the sports people, my friend got Flea, because I introduced him to good music like the Butthole Surfers, Nirvana, RHCP etc.

Okay, so that's all good. This other girl, it was her turn. C will represent me, as always in my stories.

Her: This person is famous in technology. He invented the computer.

Despite being moderately tech literate, still not versed in technology, I go on to ask:

C: Is it a boy or a girl?

Her: A boy.

So I think a bit more. I'm thinking of Alan Turing and ENIAC, but I can't remember the guy's names. I remember Presper something, so I ask "Is his first name Presper?"

Her: No.

C: (remembering at this point) JOHN MATUSZA- er, MAUCHLY!

Her: Never heard of them!

Then it friggin strikes me: This girl is stupid as hell when it comes to technology! How would she even know about ENIAC, let alone Presper Eckert and John Mauchly. So I ask her for another hint. She goes again.

Her: The person also invented the web.

C: You're retarded.

Her: Forget the entire computer part.

C: Tim Berners-Lee!

Her: Nao.

C: Timothy Berners-Lee!

C: Timothy Lee-Berners? (maybe I got it wrong)

C: Tim Lee-Berners?

C: Lee-Tim Berners?

Her: OKAY I DAMN GIVE UP! Stop, no his name is not Berners or Lee or anything.

C: Tim?

I'm pulling her leg at this point, because I know she has it wrong. Then I realize, maybe she means internet, not web.

C: Rob Kane?

C: Bob Kane? Oh sorry, it was KAHN!

C: Vint Surfer?

C: The Butthole Surfers, no wait, I GOT IT!

C: (This is my chance to mock democrats) AL GORE!

Her: He invented the internet and the first computer.

C: Okay, who.

Her:

Bill Gates.

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

Her:

Bill Gates.

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?

This goes beyond being a non techie

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

My parents. That is my experience.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

My little brother the other day came up to me while doing research on both YouTube and New Egg for my new build. This is the conversation that followed. Him: What are you looking at. Me: Computer stuff. Him: Why? Me: Because all the computers that I have now a slow (true, both my Mac's have huge bottlenecks) Him: There slow, because you bloat them Me: ...... I have no idea what he ment by that but still, when has the amount of data on a mechanical harddrive affect the speed of said drive?

it will probably affect the read speed unless it has recently been defragged