Experiences with non-techies

"That computer has Microsoft."

"You can't build a computer you dumbfuck. If you could, we wouldn't see companies like Dell and HP around retard."

This happened too...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

"You can't build a computer you dumbfuck. If you could, we wouldn't see companies like Dell and HP around retard."

This happened too...

"Wait, you can BUILD a computer?"

Well, yeah you fit the thing in the doohickey and press buttons and BAM you got a computer.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

This happened too...

You should have replied with "Dell and HP exist to make computers for YOU dumbfucks who can't even begin to comprehend how to build one."

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

"Wait, you can BUILD a computer?"

Well, yeah you fit the thing in the doohickey and press buttons and BAM you got a computer.

Ah, the classic "It's literally putting the thing in the thing" explanation.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

You should have replied with "Dell and HP exist to make computers for YOU dumbfucks who can't comprehend trying to build one."

Eh, I've had much worse and flipped out on people..

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

This isn't non techie, the opposite actually, but I think it deserves a mention, might give people's heads a rest from slamming into their desks. Last night, I was waiting for my bus, just an average night. This random dude sits next to me, holding an RC helicopter. He then proceeds to talk to me about it. Not wanting to be rude, I listen, and talk back. Then he changes subject and talks about his job repairing smart phones, and we spent a good half hour talking about tech and programming. It's amazing the people you meet sometimes.

This isn't non techie, the opposite actually, but I think it deserves a mention, might give people's heads a rest from slamming into their desks. Last night, I was waiting for my bus, just an average night. This random dude sits next to me, holding an RC helicopter. He then proceeds to talk to me about it. Not wanting to be rude, I listen, and talk back. Then he changes subject and talks about his job repairing smart phones, and we spent a good half hour talking about tech and programming. It's amazing the people you meet sometimes.

I'm heavily into RC truck racing so yeah. :D When you can get a RC truck to do 70MPH, it's fucking scary when it comes toward you, but I usually do not use it at those speeds, only for messing around. :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

man this thread pullin more views than most of linus' daily uploads -_-

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

So I have a crappy laptop my parents bought me as a graduation gift from High School. It was fine at first, decent laptop, then I upgrade to 8.1 the day it comes out.

1 week later, my laptop gets a blue screen of death, my parents immediately blame it on 8.1. Even the guy at Lenovo and Office Max blames it on 8.1.

*Wait 1 week later to get laptop back, advised not to get 8.1 on the laptop.*

About 2 months later, it gets another blue screen of death. Between January and May, my laptop got a blue screen of death 6 times, hell, it even bsoded 2 days after getting it back.

My parents kept blaming me for not having Norton, despite the fact that Windows Defender did a better job of protecting my PC than Norton.

*Find out second replacement unit was refurbished, despite Lenovo saying it's brand new.*

When the time comes to get the 3rd replacement (this current PoS), I requested to get a Y510p to be my replacement. 

"Sorry, the Y510p is underpowered and has a weak GPU compared to this model."

How the fuck does this guy get a job at Lenovo customer support if he thinks a laptop with a 750M/755M SLI is "weaker" than a laptop with an Intel HD4600?

Whenever I mention anything about building computers while I'm using my laptop I immediately get asked:

"Oh, did you build your laptop?"

...yes I did, that's why it says Lenovo on it.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

So I have a crappy laptop my parents bought me as a graduation gift from High School. It was fine at first, decent laptop, then I upgrade to 8.1 the day it comes out.

1 week later, my laptop gets a blue screen of death, my parents immediately blame it on 8.1. Even the guy at Lenovo and Office Max blames it on 8.1.

*Wait 1 week later to get laptop back, advised not to get 8.1 on the laptop.*

About 2 months later, it gets another blue screen of death. Between January and May, my laptop got a blue screen of death 6 times, hell, it even bsoded 2 days after getting it back.

My parents kept blaming me for not having Norton, despite the fact that Windows Defender did a better job of protecting my PC than Norton.

*Find out second replacement unit was refurbished, despite Lenovo saying it's brand new.*

When the time comes to get the 3rd replacement (this current PoS), I requested to get a Y510p to be my replacement. 

"Sorry, the Y510p is underpowered and has a weak GPU compared to this model."

How the fuck does this guy get a job at Lenovo customer support if he thinks a laptop with a 750M/755M SLI is "weaker" than a laptop with an Intel HD4600?

4600 is bigger than 750/755. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I can't stand it when people refer to samsung phones or anything android in general as "galaxy." It annoys me to no end when people compare "iPhone to Galaxy" instead of "iOS to Android" which is what they should be doing. It's even worse when people ask if things are "galaxy" compatible or something like that. One time, my CAD teacher, when introducing a project where we had to design our own cell phone docks, said that our docks must be able to hold and charge iPhones and Galaxy phones. 

PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT ANDROID PHONES ARE CALLED ANDROID PHONES, NOT GALAXIES; AND THAT THERE ARE OTHER COMPANIES THAT MAKE ANDROID PHONES BESIDES  SAMSUNG.

I can't wait until GDDR5 RAM, which is clearly better than DDR3 because 5 > 3!

GDDR5 is better than GDDR3 RAM....

Even 1GB of GDDR5 is better than 2 of GDDR3. Graphical memory is important. Also, GDDR3 illustrates older GPUs as even cheaper GPUs nowadays use GDDR5.

Unless you mean DDR3 VS *G*DDR5...

GDDR5 is better than GDDR3 RAM....

Even 1GB of GDDR5 is better than 2 of GDDR3. Graphical memory is important. Also, GDDR3 illustrates older GPUs as even cheaper GPUs nowadays use GDDR5.

Unless you mean DDR3 VS *G*DDR5...

No, no, I mean like as system RAM. Because Sony fanboys haven't learned that GDDR5 is just a modified version of DDR3 for GPUs yet and think it's amazingsauce RAM.

Ah, the classic "It's literally putting the thing in the thing" explanation.

"One day, Uncle Dell and Aunt Intel had come to realize that they loved each other very much." xD

Sorry, you said putting the thing in the thing and I had to...

"One day, Uncle Dell and Aunt Intel had come to realize that they loved each other very much." xD

Soon the EVOs and Plextor M6S's had to much fun writing and reading and more were born...

Is it bad I think this would be sweet if it was possible? Reproducing SSDs. :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

Soon the EVOs and Plextor M6S's had to much fun writing and reading and more were born...

Is it bad I think this would be sweet if it was possible? Reproducing SSDs. :P

Judging by the 840 EVO ad, those offspring would not turn out well xD

Seriously, if you haven't watched it, please, oh please do so. It's a life experience  :lol:

OH MY GOD.....I AM SO GOING TO ENJOY SHOVING MY PROCESSOR INTO YOUR SOCKET......AAAAAHHHHH!!!! IT FELT SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

OH MY GOD.....I AM SO GOING TO ENJOY SHOVING MY PROCESSOR INTO YOUR SOCKET......AAAAAHHHHH!!!! IT FELT SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!

CAREFUL CUZ IT'S SO-DIMM IN THERE xD

WRONG WAY WRONG WAY!

*AMD processor dies*

Spoiler

Spoiler

WRONG WAY WRONG WAY!

*AMD processor dies*

how would a threesome between an intel processor, an amd processor, and a motherboard socket work?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

how would a threesome between an intel processor, an amd processor, and a motherboard socket work?

115061.jpg

No clue..

-snip-

Like that I guess.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Guys, lets keep it to stories only, please? :)

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.