Experiences with non-techies

100-150?!?! I type about 25 when I'm in practice

Lol, I'm just a speed freak... I really love my MX Clears but might pull out my other keyboard again with Blues and type on that for like a few weeks. At least with the Clears I don't bottom them out as hard even though I feel it can bottom out very easily. I just miss my clicky ole Blues and want to use them again, but the blue backlight looks weird to me after staring at white.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Lol, I'm just a speed freak... I really love my MX Clears but might pull out my other keyboard again with Blues and type on that for like a few weeks. At least with the Clears I don't bottom them out as hard even though I feel it can bottom out very easily. I just miss my clicky ole Blues and want to use them again, but the blue backlight looks weird to me after staring at white.

Typing about 50 wpm in a library got me the attention of two girls. "Daaaaammmnnnn" they said. I like to hammer the keys, so it was really loud compared to everyone else.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Typing about 50 wpm in a library got me the attention of two girls. "Daaaaammmnnnn" they said. I like to hammer the keys, so it was really loud compared to everyone else.

I get yelled at 24/7 for slamming keys...

*BAM BAM BBBBBBAM BAM BAM*

Teacher: Stop banging the keys!

Me: I can't help it, it's how I type...

Teacher: Do you have a disability or..?

Me: No, I just own a keyboard at home that requires a lot of force and feels much better and I'm accustomed to that.

Teacher: I don't believe it. What kind of keyboard would need that much force?

Me: *facepalm*

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I'm used to my nice mushy rubber nome keyboard thats almost as quiet a a mac chiclet keyboard (not really) and actually, it really isn't that mushy. :)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I get yelled at 24/7 for slamming keys...

*BAM BAM BBBBBBAM BAM BAM*

Teacher: Stop banging the keys!

Me: I can't help it, it's how I type...

Teacher: Do you have a disability or..?

Me: No, I just own a keyboard at home that requires a lot of force and feels much better and I'm accustomed to that.

Teacher: I don't believe it. What kind of keyboard would need that much force?

Me: *facepalm*

What cherry MX type is it? I got a blackwidow 2014, it's either razer's custom switch or I believe it's blues as they're very loud, but I don't think they need a whole lot of force to push down on

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

What cherry MX type is it? I got a blackwidow 2014, it's either razer's custom switch or I believe it's blues as they're very loud, but I don't think they need a whole lot of force to push down on

MX Clears. I have another keyboard with Blues too. I use the one of Clears more though.

Spoiler

Spoiler

MX Clears. I have another keyboard with Blues too. I use the one of Clears more though.

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF CLEARS IN MY LIFE. I WILL GOOGLE THAT RIGHT AFTER I FINISH TYPING THIS

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF CLEARS IN MY LIFE. I WILL GOOGLE THAT RIGHT AFTER I FINISH TYPING THIS

HOW HAVEN'T YOU HEARD OF MX CLEARS????

Spoiler

Spoiler

I work at Best Buy, this is all too common of an occurrence.. I get questions like "Will a 1 TB external drive hold about a thousand pictures?" "Can this computer do Minecraft?" All sorts of dumb stuff like that. Then there's those people who think Chromebooks are actual computers and not just glorified tablets.

Umm, kind of.  They are pretty low-end spec-wise, but they run a completely different OS (though chromeos should be able to run android apps soon enough, which is awesome) and they have a different target market and "usage recommendations".  They are computers, albeit not one that has a fully-fledged os.  I actually think chromebooks are really cool, I might get one as my old laptop just died and all I need it for is interwebz and streaming from my pc.  Anyone else like chromebooks?  Anyone?  Oh, alright then.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

HOW HAVEN'T YOU HEARD OF MX CLEARS????

WELL I JUST DON'T! LINUS NEVER MENTIONS IT AND I DON'T GO ON THE PERIPHERALS VERY OFTEN!!! 

STOP YELLING. GRANDMOTHER IS SLEEPING

Oh I didn't realize your.... WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE!! SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT HERE!!!! I COULD HAVE HAD A V8!! *FACEPALM*

I LOVE LAMP

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

I LOVE LAMP

But does lamp love you?

jk what is lamp

are you talking about an actual lamp

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

"whats samsung?"

They make them hipster phones... i forgot the name. I think it is the Droid series, right?

Horrible, everyone I encounter in my line of work is a college graduate, master, or doctor. It is mind blowing how useless someone is outside their fields, I don't know why the company hires these people for technology company, but hopefully the new CEO cuts these people out, it's been getting softer ever since these new people have been hired.

I heard someone mention that PC laptops look so ugly compared to macs. If I had wifi in that classroom I'd have shown him the Razer Blade...

They make them hipster phones... i forgot the name. I think it is the Droid series, right?

No, samsung makes the androids, like the Sony One M8, obviously.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I heard someone mention that PC laptops look so ugly compared to macs. If I had wifi in that classroom I'd have shown him the Razer Blade...

Oh now I understand. Thank you very much.

Wait, I've heard of this phone called the OnePlus S5M8 by Apple, what is this phone all about?

Wait, I've heard of this phone called the OnePlus S5M8 by Apple, what is this phone all about?

No idea, but the 5C is apparently $5,000 at Walmart.

(Someone actually said that to me...)

Spoiler

Spoiler